AVATAR land construction progress

Disneyhead'71

This is the "Stage". I see evidence of "Drums".
Pandora_Aerial_Crop_Stage.jpg

flyerjab

I know that it has been stated that there will be one grand opening date for everything in this expansion, but I am wondering if they will soft open things separately. Maybe start be opening the walkways first, then the QS, shop and bar, followed on later days by the rides. I think that it would be weird if they soft opened the entire expansion on one day. Who knows though, maybe they will. The amount of progress of the land details from one set of overhead photos to the next has been pretty impressive.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I know that it has been stated that there will be one grand opening date for everything in this expansion, but I am wondering if they will soft open things separately. Maybe start be opening the walkways first, then the QS, shop and bar, followed on later days by the rides. I think that it would be weird if they soft opened the entire expansion on one day. Who knows though, maybe they will. The amount of progress of the land details from one set of overhead photos to the next has been pretty impressive.

From the video that Disney put out about a week ago, it seems that at least Na'vi River Journey is more or less done. I could see them opening the entire land without possibly Flight of Passage or the quick serve, but it seems like the outside themeing will be some of the last parts to be completed.

Looks like they are covering it foliage..

View attachment 183940

I don't think the angle of the image provides proper line-of -sight either. The addition of a bunch of trees around the base of that structure along with the fact that you will be viewing that tower below grade of the base of the tower along with some strategic canopies and such and I think much of the base of that tower will simply be out of view without the need to otherwise cover/theme it.

Slowjack

Did I miss this, or do we know what's going to be happening in that building with the three ramps (south and adjacent to the retail building)? It appears to just be the access from the Flights O' Pandora ride to the shop, but it looks like it will be heavily themed (with the ramps bridging concrete rockwork and so on)...more themed than one tends to see post-show.

twebber55

Did I miss this, or do we know what's going to be happening in that building with the three ramps (south and adjacent to the retail building)? It appears to just be the access from the Flights O' Pandora ride to the shop, but it looks like it will be heavily themed (with the ramps bridging concrete rockwork and so on)...more themed than one tends to see post-show.
pretty sure people will exit FOP and walk through that area into Windtraders

lazyboy97o

The whole point of soft openings is to have a more real world operating scenario. It doesn't make sense to soft open just walkways and venues unless they have some sort of unique operational challenger that requires testing.

G00fyDad

My questions too. I don't see how they will hide that from the exit path.

Chances are they are going to cover part in foliage and then obstruct the view of the rest. That may be why it is partially painted primer and partially green. The rock wall is mostly grey and they are done with that part. My guess is that the grey rock portion is supposed to be barely visible when finished and it is supposed to be a forced perspective thing making it look like the rock face is getting farther away so the foliage on it's face would not be as evident. This steel construction is probably going to be hidden behind more rock work or some other obstruction when complete.

Slowjack

pretty sure people will exit FOP and walk through that area into Windtraders
Right, I agree, that's what it looks like they will do, but what is actually going to be in that building? Some kind of post-show? I mean, Star Tours has a zig-zag ramp to get from the ride to the shop, too, but it's not themed.

Incomudro

From the video that Disney put out about a week ago, it seems that at least Na'vi River Journey is more or less done. I could see them opening the entire land without possibly Flight of Passage or the quick serve, but it seems like the outside themeing will be some of the last parts to be completed.

I don't think the angle of the image provides proper line-of -sight either. The addition of a bunch of trees around the base of that structure along with the fact that you will be viewing that tower below grade of the base of the tower along with some strategic canopies and such and I think much of the base of that tower will simply be out of view without the need to otherwise cover/theme it.
Yes.
We really need to remember that all of this will be seen from an entirely different perspective.
A perspective of roughly 6 feet off of the ground.

RandySavage

I expect a significant amount of reasonably tall trees will be placed in front/behind and perhaps partially underneath.
Agree. If they were planning to cover those steel beams & columns in character plaster (i.e., the giant 'vines' under the central floating mountains), as suggested earlier, why would they bother painting it go-away green? It appears they may be planning on obscuring those beams versus plastering them.

twebber55

Agree. If they were planning to cover those steel beams & columns in character plaster (i.e., the giant 'vines' under the central floating mountains), as suggested earlier, why would they bother painting it go-away green? It appears they may be planning on obscuring those beams versus plastering them.
model certainly shows trees in front of them

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom