AVATAR land construction progress

Rob562

You can see Hogwarts Castle from inside Jurassic Park plus the showbuilding.

Tower of Terror and other things are also visible inside Cars Land at DCA so it's not a problem exclusive to Uni.

I like to use this recent example of how Disney has been thoroughly working out all possible viewing angles when building attractions (at least while inside the park)

Screenshot_20160922-000837_zpssvjptokb.png

When they built the Little Mermaid ride at MK, they went to the expense of building these extra pieces of rockwork over the fire access alley and around behind the tents. All because you'd be able to see one corner of the Mermaid show building from one small area near the splash & play area in Circus.

There was one minor oversight near the bathrooms at Gaston's Tavern where the top two feet of the plain Mermaid queue building was visible, but within a month or two of opening they'd painted it and added molding to look like the wall if an adjacent village building.

When given the time and resources, WDI cares a lot about what they put out.

-Rob

matt9112

looks like they are building up the berm to help with that

noticed however neither here nor there because its built as is but if they had tilted entire show building so guest areas wrapped around "front lot side" would have blended more? instead of having all that area backstage.

Cesar R M

I like to use this recent example of how Disney has been thoroughly working out all possible viewing angles when building attractions (at least while inside the park)

Screenshot_20160922-000837_zpssvjptokb.png

When they built the Little Mermaid ride at MK, they went to the expense of building these extra pieces of rockwork over the fire access alley and around behind the tents. All because you'd be able to see one corner of the Mermaid show building from one small area near the splash & play area in Circus.

There was one minor oversight near the bathrooms at Gaston's Tavern where the top two feet of the plain Mermaid queue building was visible, but within a month or two of opening they'd painted it and added molding to look like the wall if an adjacent village building.

When given the time and resources, WDI cares a lot about what they put out.

-Rob
which unfortunately fell down a few ago.
You can see the water reservoirs and systems behind IASW right in the downward walkway towards the tangled potties and HM.
Its like they removed the 3 trees that were blocking the view.

peter11435

which unfortunately fell down a few ago.
You can see the water reservoirs and systems behind IASW right in the downward walkway towards the tangled potties and HM.
Its like they removed the 3 trees that were blocking the view.
What exactly are you referring to? There are no water reservoirs behind IASW.

Cesar R M

What exactly are you referring to? There are no water reservoirs behind IASW.
Last year, during my February trip, between IASW and Tangled potties, there is a big long door for CMs. IF you look into an angle. The wall behind tangled potties contained a series of big tall horizontal tight containers (plastic looking) that looked like those big tall flat gas canisters. And looked very similar to those purification systems using pressure.

Similar to these:
https://sc02.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1FY0t...lter-pressure-deionized-water.jpg_350x350.jpg
but placed horizontally and painted blue. TONS OF THEM.
I didn't check the angle in my last trip this january.

According to google maps, its either the backside of Haunted Mansion's showbuilding's wall or they were temporarily.. Dunno, anyway google maps shows ONE TREE that blocks the view.

Heres the google maps location: 28.4205841, -81.5823825

CrescentLake

Last year, during my February trip, between IASW and Tangled potties, there is a big long door for CMs. IF you look into an angle. The wall behind tangled potties contained a series of big tall horizontal tight containers (plastic looking) that looked like those big tall flat gas canisters. And looked very similar to those purification systems using pressure.

Similar to these:
https://sc02.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1FY0t...lter-pressure-deionized-water.jpg_350x350.jpg
but placed horizontally and painted blue. TONS OF THEM.
I didn't check the angle in my last trip this january.

According to google maps, its either the backside of Haunted Mansion's showbuilding's wall or they were temporarily.. Dunno, anyway google maps shows ONE TREE that blocks the view.

Heres the google maps location: 28.4205841, -81.5823825

Yes, the HM and IASW buildings are very visible after the Tangled Toilets were put in there. Bad show.

tl77

As long as the attractions and the land are good, the IP will not matter.

Splash Mountain is one of the most popular attractions in WDW and I would wager half of the guests riding it have no clue that it is based on a movie.

This^^^. People need to get the movie out of their heads. Even if there is never a sequel, the land will stand on it's own.

Oh, and I would wager that less than 10% know that Splash is based on Song of the South.

But Splash Mountain is filled with famous songs and beloved characters, in addition to the pretty scenery

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom