AVATAR land construction progress

Cesar R M

Yes, the HM and IASW buildings are very visible after the Tangled Toilets were put in there. Bad show.
Its weird because the first time I was there, there was 3 trees, blocking the view very well. cue last year.. 2 trees removed.. and the single tree sitting there was pretty dry.. letting you see backstage big time with no need to get "above" or from an attraction.

PB Watermelon

Yes, the HM and IASW buildings are very visible after the Tangled Toilets were put in there. Bad show.

Disneyland in California smashes elements from other lands together constantly, it is far from seamless, and this has even been praised by designers as part of the park's charm. Stand by Pirates, you can see Adventureland, New Orleans Square, Frontierland, and Critter Country.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
Disneyland in California smashes elements from other lands together constantly, it is far from seamless, and this has even been praised by designers as part of the park's charm. Stand by Pirates, you can see Adventureland, New Orleans Square, Frontierland, and Critter Country.
Oh, but that's OK, because, you know, Walt. It is weird that people try to hold today's imagineers to a much higher theme standard than the original DL ever had.

Mike S

I think he was talking about the show buildings which for the most part should be hidden from guest view.

wdwgreek

Passport to Dreams Old and New had a great blog post on exposed show buildings. Foxy identified exposed show buildings from 1971! Actually WDI has been pretty good about fixing a lot of these over the yeas, but if you look around the show buildings have always been there. Skyway is a great example too. Also isn't this area still under construction? Pretty sure Avatar Land hasn't opened, don't count your chickens before they hatch.

http://passport2dreams.blogspot.com/2016/02/go-away-green-three-years-later.html

flyerjab

@twebber55 inquired as to if I would be taking any Pandora photos. I just couldn't let a brother down.
IMG_6215.JPG

There is so much visible at the bus drop off area. In fact, there were construction vehicles clearing out trees as we got off the bus.
IMG_6216.JPG

IMG_6217.JPG

You can see a lot of stuff from this angle. Makes me curious as to why they are clearing this out.
IMG_6218.JPG

IMG_6228.JPG

IMG_6225.JPG

Clearly, more trees have been added. But the beauty and majesty of this project is still apparent.
IMG_6223.JPG

IMG_1363.JPG

These two guys were busy as bees.
IMG_1366.JPG

This shot is interesting as you can clearly see beneath the mountains. Vines now hang down, really adding to the floating effect.
IMG_6232.JPG

The entrance by Tiffins and the Nomad Lounge. You can see the funky light fixtures being put up. There are several more there.

Last edited:

flyerjab

A few points to make having been to DAK today. Pandora needs to be incredible as I spent 2 days of this vacation here:
IMG_6115.JPG

We were so taken by the Harry Potter lands, and the promise of a fantastic water park to come - that my wife and I bought UNI annual passes!! And I must say that Gringotts was EXCEPTIONAL!! We went on it several times. I am not a big thrill ride person, but this ride provided mild thrills but with so much more. It was a unique experience that my wife and I loved.

I am now a UNI fan for their new attractions. To be completely transparent though, I found most of USF to be not that great. We enjoyed IOA much more. That being said, WDW is still head and shoulders better to me (for many reasons). But they need something new, and they need it to be big. When I look at Pandora I believe it will be. I don't think that it can compete with Potter's popularity, but I think that the theming and rides can. Time will tell. Believe me though, when you see Pandora growing in front of your eyes, it is hard to believe.

twebber55

@twebber55 inquired as to if I would be taking any Pandora photos. I just couldn't let a brother down.
View attachment 165474
There is so much visible at the bus drop off area. In fact, there were construction vehicles clearing out trees as we got off the bus.
View attachment 165475
View attachment 165476
You can see a lot of stuff from this angle. Makes me curious as to why they are clearing this out.
View attachment 165477
View attachment 165478
View attachment 165480
Clearly, more trees have been added. But the beauty and majesty of this project is still apparent.
View attachment 165481
View attachment 165482
These two guys were busy as bees.
View attachment 165483
This shot is interesting as you can clearly see beneath the mountains. Vines now hang down, really adding to the floating effect.
View attachment 165484
The entrance by Tiffins and the Nomad Lounge. You can see the funky light fixtures being put up. There are several more there.
you da man

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
A few points to make having been to DAK today. Pandora needs to be incredible as I spent 2 days of this vacation here:
View attachment 165485
We were so taken by the Harry Potter lands, and the promise of a fantastic water park to come - that my wife and I bought UNI annual passes!! And I must say that Gringotts was EXCEPTIONAL!! We went on it several times. I am not a big thrill ride person, but this ride provided mild thrills but with so much more. It was a unique experience that my wife and I loved.

I am now a UNI fan for their new attractions. To be completely transparent though, I found most of USF to be not that great. We enjoyed IOA much more. That being said, WDW is still head and shoulders better to me (for many reasons). But they need something new, and they need it to be big. When I look at Pandora I believe it will be. I don't think that it can compete with Potter's popularity, but I think that the theming and rides can. Time will tell. Believe me though, when you see Pandora growing in front of your eyes, it is hard to believe.
I'm trying so hard to get into Harry Potter for my family but I can't. I'm sure the park is fun, but it looks boring to me. My kids, well the older ones, may enjoy it. It may be worth it. My wife has already started asking about it. Just can't seem to take that plunge.

Cesar R M

The color of the floating mountain looks good in person...doesn't come through in pictures.
View attachment 165498
psss, get a Nikon or Sony DSLR/Mirrorless ;)

also, the hype is real! damn.. those mountains looking incredibly real!
Makes you wonder if James Cameron has been breathing down the necks of WDI executives and Disney executives.. making sure they DONT COST CUT. :hilarious:

something like this...
breathingonneck.png

Clamman73

psss, get a Nikon or Sony DSLR/Mirrorless ;)

also, the hype is real! damn.. those mountains looking incredibly real!
Makes you wonder if James Cameron has been breathing down the necks of WDI executives and Disney executives.. making sure they DONT COST CUT. :hilarious:

something like this...
View attachment 165602
I got my Panasonic gx85 with me this trip but everything is in RAW and I'm up to over a thousand pics in just a few days and have until Saturday to go still. :) Anything I'm posting in the threads this week is from a 6s.

Atomicmickey

View attachment 165485

I LOVED Harry Potter lands.

:confused: I'm sure there is a thread somewhere that isn't the Avatar Construction thread to discuss them. :angelic:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom