AVATAR land construction progress

jmmc

I still don't think this franchise has stayed popular enough for this to be a good idea, but maybe when a sequel eventually arrives it will be good enough to make this work. Plus, it's possible this land will be impressive enough that the movies won't matter that much, anyway.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I still don't think this franchise has stayed popular enough for this to be a good idea, but maybe when a sequel eventually arrives it will be good enough to make this work. Plus, it's possible this land will be impressive enough that the movies won't matter that much, anyway.
As long as the attractions and the land are good, the IP will not matter.

Splash Mountain is one of the most popular attractions in WDW and I would wager half of the guests riding it have no clue that it is based on a movie.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
As long as the attractions and the land are good, the IP will not matter.

Splash Mountain is one of the most popular attractions in WDW and I would wager half of the guests riding it have no clue that it is based on a movie.
This^^^. People need to get the movie out of their heads. Even if there is never a sequel, the land will stand on it's own.

Oh, and I would wager that less than 10% know that Splash is based on Song of the South.

mitchk

image.jpeg
As of today from the parking lot

gmajew

Premium Member
This^^^. People need to get the movie out of their heads. Even if there is never a sequel, the land will stand on it's own.

Oh, and I would wager that less than 10% know that Splash is based on Song of the South.

I agree I hated the movie way way overrated. But I am really excited about this land cause the world of the movie was visually amazing. Think I will be great to explore and see.

Marty Rotondo

You can see Hogwarts Castle from inside Jurassic Park plus the showbuilding.

Tower of Terror and other things are also visible inside Cars Land at DCA so it's not a problem exclusive to Uni.

But you can also see the matterhorn from main street. I dont think its really a thing unless youre talking about the backside of show buildings with fire escapes and exits. Especially in islands of adventure where its a variety bag park full of IPs

Unplugged

OK, I kept up with the first 30+ pages when this started, and read backwards when the latest photos were added, so might be my own fault for not knowing this, but....(isn't that how all the weird messages start?)

Why did they remove all the trees between the bus stops and Pandora? Are they redoing/expanding the bus stops? Or are they building up a hill system to be covered with new trees? Seems like a weird move as that was the only buffer between the two and Disney isn't that bad about having back stage visible to the masses as such.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
OK, I kept up with the first 30+ pages when this started, and read backwards when the latest photos were added, so might be my own fault for not knowing this, but....(isn't that how all the weird messages start?)

Why did they remove all the trees between the bus stops and Pandora? Are they redoing/expanding the bus stops? Or are they building up a hill system to be covered with new trees? Seems like a weird move as that was the only buffer between the two and Disney isn't that bad about having back stage visible to the masses as such.

I appears that they are building up the berm to better screen the land from the bus stop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom