AVATAR land construction progress

brb1006

Wow, this picture really puts it into perspective.
Looks stunning.
And blends extremely well with the park

I hope they have a good opening ceremony.

Bacon

I know it's not near complete yet, long way to go, but I cannot wait for this exposed piece of the show building to get some camouflage on it. I do certainly hope that's in the plan.

they might just put more mountains instead but I'm sure they will paint it

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Very nice with some high-res pics. Thank you! It's been a while.
And while I'm at it, it's been a while too since any high-res / high quality pics from our eye-in-the-sky Photoflight.
Anyone out there knows how he's doing?
OBE
He's good, just not flying in the theme park areas in recent times - unfortunately.

wdwgreek

Wow, this picture really puts it into perspective.
Looks stunning.
And blends extremely well with the park

Think about being at the entrance of AK, waiting to enter the Oasis which is supposed to be a winding natural pathway through the woods to Safari Village (discovery island) now add the looming and enticing floating mountains, it'll make the reveal into the land really remarkable when you travel through the woods through the village and finally to another world! So cool!

hokielutz

The photos taken of the floating mountains... kinda reminds me of the Green turtle (Koopa Troopa for you 80's game nerds) from Super Mario Bros games.... The highest peak looks like the Koopa troopa's head and it appears to have facial features.

Sorry Disney/Cameron that the laws of gravity/physics won't make an exception for this themed land and give you truly floating mountains.

DinoInstitute

I wonder whether they would ever consider adding another attraction to the land. It's hard for me to see a situation where they say "we want to invest more money in Pandora" as opposed to building an attraction elsewhere; but at the same time, they did seem to allow for space to provide that option.
I feel like this depends on the success of the future movies. If they're really popular, I wouldn't be surprised to see them keep the Avatar hype up with another attraction.

hokielutz

The photos taken of the floating mountains... kinda reminds me of the Green turtle (Koopa Troopa for you 80's game nerds) from Super Mario Bros games.... The highest peak looks like the Koopa troopa's head and it appears to have facial features.

Sorry Disney/Cameron that the laws of gravity/physics won't make an exception for this themed land and give you truly floating mountains.

SMB2_Koopa_Troopa.png

Mike S

Curse you, now I can't unsee it.

roj2323

I know it's not near complete yet, long way to go, but I cannot wait for this exposed piece of the show building to get some camouflage on it. I do certainly hope that's in the plan.

It really needs a coat of go away green if nothing else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom