AVATAR land construction progress

RandySavage

I want to compare what we've seen for AK to what arrived in SDL.
You can find the PotC layout if you do some detective work using google earth and its historical feature (go to when it was under construction and roofless). Don't have a jpeg handy, but I feel like some website captured them a couple years back.

NRJ's showbuilding footprint is approx. 1/3 the size of PotC:BftST.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Very interested to see how the tiny floating mtns on the building will look from inside the land...Will they be painted "Fade away Blue" or be vine themed?
I hope Everest's bird-on-a-stick doesn't run into Avatar's rock-on-a-sticks.
But, honestly, I'm assuming the bottoms of the rocks will be hidden behind the other structures when viewed from within the park.
...NRJ's showbuilding footprint is approx. 1/3 the size of PotC:BftST.
I'll back you up on that one. I found it unbelievable that there would be such a large difference in size, but I used a website that helps you compare area size on Google Maps and, based on my best efforts, Shanghai's Pirates is THRICE the size of it's a blue world/Avatars of the Caribbean/Splash Planet/Pandora River Rapids/The Three Avatarros.

Last edited:

dstrawn9889

Disney doesn't release ride blueprints. The ones you will find online are created by fans. It will take some time before people start doing them for Shanghai.
upload_2016-5-12_17-51-9.png

so damn hard to get good images through that peasoup

CastleBound

You can find the PotC layout if you do some detective work using google earth and its historical feature (go to when it was under construction and roofless). Don't have a jpeg handy, but I feel like some website captured them a couple years back.

NRJ's showbuilding footprint is approx. 1/3 the size of PotC:BftST.
Ahh man. 1/3 wow not what I was hoping for in comparison. Oh well.

CastleBound

Very interested to see how the tiny floating mtns on the building will look from inside the land...Will they be painted "Fade away Blue" or be vine themed?
Really good question. Either way I feel like it's going to be hard not to realize there is just a pole there holding the tiny mountains up. Whether its vines and such or a blue sky, you'll see it.

CastleBound

Disney doesn't release ride blueprints. The ones you will find online are created by fans. It will take some time before people start doing them for Shanghai.
So layouts like this are created by fans? Serious question, cause I thought they were actual plans.

Attachments

567.6 KB · Views: 181

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom