AVATAR land construction progress

Rutt

Aye. true that. I just like Lion King...haha :)

I do worry about wait times and availability when Pandora opens. I also think that after a few months of it being open, Everest should get a facelift and the yeti should get some new strobes. But that would put a lot of pressure on Pandora.

Yeah, they really could use a dark ride to offset Pandora and allow Everest to go down without slaughtering wait times and crowd levels in Pandora.

I wonder if there are any plans to tackle the potential issues above.

I'm not very familiar with AKs layout.... Is Pandora close to where RoL is set to perform?
Its too bad Good Dinosaur wasn't as good as many thought it would be. Get a GD dark ride going in Dinoland USA.
Not sure where they would put a Jungle Book ride thematically? Time to start Imagineering ;)

Mike S

Its too bad Good Dinosaur wasn't as good as many thought it would be. Get a GD dark ride going in Dinoland USA.
Not sure where they would put a Jungle Book ride thematically? Time to start Imagineering ;)
Asia. It take place in India.
Back to Avatar.........
Yes. I hope the rumor of the boat ride using the same ride system as Shanghai's Pirates is true.

HauntedMansionFLA

Asia. It take place in India.

Yes. I hope the rumor of the boat ride using the same ride system as Shanghai's Pirates is true.
Yes, I Just watched the Shanghai's primates on YouTube and it looks awesome. I hope this kind of creativity to be used on the Pandora boat ride. There is a lot of potential of having a great ride. It will be interesting to see if screens is used in the same way. Hopefully so since Avatar had beautiful video presence. Disney just let us kniw that they have the technology to hit it out of the park. I wish we had a little more information on both rides.

Mike S

Yes, I Just watched the Shanghai's primates on YouTube and it looks awesome. I hope this kind of creativity to be used on the Pandora boat ride. There is a lot of potential of having a great ride. It will be interesting to see if screens is used in the same way. Hopefully so since Avatar had beautiful video presence. Disney just let us kniw that they have the technology to hit it out of the park. I wish we had a little more information on both rides.
Reign in expectations though because I'm sure by all accounts the Na'vi River Journey isn't close at all to the scale of Shanghai's Pirates.

doctornick

Reign in expectations though because I'm sure by all accounts the Na'vi River Journey isn't close at all to the scale of Shanghai's Pirates.

I'm hoping, perhaps naively, for NRJ to be of a similar quality in terms of effects/presentation, but on a much smaller scale (shorter ride, smaller show building so less grandiose, but perhaps more intimate feeling). Shanghai POTC seems like a great mix of high quality AAs with highly integrated screens.

KingOfEpicocity

I'm hoping, perhaps naively, for NRJ to be of a similar quality in terms of effects/presentation, but on a much smaller scale (shorter ride, smaller show building so less grandiose, but perhaps more intimate feeling). Shanghai POTC seems like a great mix of high quality AAs with highly integrated screens.

The ride is short, so I'm thinking maybe there might be screens because that would increase the length of it.

KingOfEpicocity

Take PoTC and Soaring in SDL and reverse the budgets for Pandora.

Both will be very well executed, but one is an E-ticket and the other is a D-ticket... And that's Ok!

WDW needs more of both.

DAK needs more of both. if you ask me DAk shines in its theming and attractions (safari treks, walking trails etc.) but the Rides bring in the crowds. hopefully more people will be able to appreciate this beautiful park with two new rides bringing them in.

twebber55

Take PoTC and Soaring in SDL and reverse the budgets for Pandora.

Both will be very well executed, but one is an E-ticket and the other is a D-ticket... And that's Ok!

WDW needs more of both.
agreed
actually seeing some of the footage of Shanghai gets me excited for the next wave of attractions and lands (ie Pandora and Star Wars) coming to WDW

RSoxNo1

I don't understand why a few people hate the concept of single IP lands. Especially with rich worlds like Harry Potter and Avatar. You can turn a corner and become lost in the story. There's no disappointment of getting off the ride and having the story be over. Getting sucked in by the hugeness of a land, interacting with cast members that are in character, and discovering all the pieces of one whole is what makes theme park storytelling convincing to me. We've evolved past the carnival ride set up of putting Peter Pan next to It's a Small World. Walt wanted people to feel like they were far from reality, and this impressive format has improved that concept immensely. I don't want to get off flight of passage and hop onto Pocahontas or Junglebook next door. I want be in this world AND experience the adventures inside of it. I don't want half of an experience.
I support any well themed land, but I strongly dislike the trend of those lands being exclusively dedicated to an intellectual property. I prefer a healthy blend of original concepts with intellectual property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom