AVATAR land construction progress

Clamman73

image.jpeg
Looks strange with the big sticks holding them up in my opinion.
It's kind of like the model from d23...just some rocks on a stick.

Prototype82

Maybe waterfalls instead.
I had originally thought they might use this solution in parts of the park but for miniature rocks far out of view, I can't think they're going to install flowing water on top of a building. I feel like too many problems could go wrong with that. But maybe I'm just biased due to the misters that made Everest's structure start rusting...

CinematicFusion

I had originally thought they might use this solution in parts of the park but for miniature rocks far out of view, I can't think they're going to install flowing water on top of a building. I feel like too many problems could go wrong with that. But maybe I'm just biased due to the misters that made Everest's structure start rusting...

Agree, the water would be complicated to pull off, maintain, and when the wind blows everyone is getting hit with a mist.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Maybe they will have running water going down the poles giving the illusion of floating mountains with waterfalls. Didn't they do that in the film?

I think the film...the floating rocks were engulfed in cloud and mist. Could be wrong, it's been a while since I've watched that movie (sober)... but I thought it was more mystical looking, versus vinework...

As others have said, I thing the POV from on the ground in the land will hide most of them.

Aye, indeed... but from this area of the park where the pics are from, yikes... I hope they do something, because it kinda looks like rock candy on a stick :joyfull: Interesting to be sure, if you weren't expecting it, and happened to look over and see it!

CastleBound

If they could do a constant mist effect, that would be cool, but I doubt that's what will happen. Even if we maybe can't see them from ground level in side the land, you can see them from elsewhere and it definitely looks silly.

G00fyDad

If they could do a constant mist effect, that would be cool, but I doubt that's what will happen. Even if we maybe can't see them from ground level in side the land, you can see them from elsewhere and it definitely looks silly.

Truly not trying to be a "Doom and Gloomer" here, but they cannot even keep the tiny mist feature working on the tea train coasters in EE. :angelic:

Prototype82

Truly not trying to be a "Doom and Gloomer" here, but they cannot even keep the tiny mist feature working on the tea train coasters in EE. :angelic:
That's steam though..Though the mountain did have misters to look like clouds...before it began to rust the structure. >.>
Kong is going to have fog pumped constantly...I could see that working here if the effect could stay turned on.

CastleBound

No, you're speaking truth. I know it will never happen, but in terms of believability, that's all that would work for me. They need a giant open air fog machine. haha. I just don't see this looking anything like pieces of dirt on sticks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom