AVATAR land construction progress

CastleBound

As others have said, plans leak occasionally. This was an early plan so the boat ride isn't accurate. We do have the basic layout of the boat ride from a permit document.
yea exactly. I just assumed something like either a leaked document or a summary of the layout/permits would have popped up... anyway, on with the topic.

No Name

yea exactly. I just assumed something like either a leaked document or a summary of the layout/permits would have popped up... anyway, on with the topic.

Here's the picture from the permit that gives a solid idea of the path of the boat ride. http://media.bizj.us/view/img/8555702/screen-shot-2016-02-11-at-20533-pm*750xx1746-982-0-0.png

The ride is projected by others here to be around 4-6 minutes, while Pirates at Shanghai is about 9. So with the animatronics we've heard about and seen, and with the ambitious concept art, I expect something on the same level of quality, just a little short.

raymusiccity

CV89U-ZU4AE7ea2.jpg

I dunno... them little mountains aren't floating.... ;)

Well, now you've ruined it. At least give us a Spoiler Alert !

brihow

i think it would be cool if they covered the poles holding up the tiny floating mountains with mirror, or some type of reflective metal, that way it would reflect whatever the current sky colors are. I think that would be the closest they could get to making the poles 'disappear'.

But also - aren't the sightlines such that when you are in the land, you'll barely see any of the poles anyway?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
i think it would be cool if they covered the poles holding up the tiny floating mountains with mirror, or some type of reflective metal, that way it would reflect whatever the current sky colors are. I think that would be the closest they could get to making the poles 'disappear'.

But also - aren't the sightlines such that when you are in the land, you'll barely see any of the poles anyway?

Yeah, I think you are right about this. Here is a picture from the land side, but still taken from outside the land.

upload_2016-5-15_10-29-20.png

Prototype82

By the time you can see the tiny mountains lifted higher than the facade rock work. You'll be so far from the ride building that these guys will looks like they're floating in the distance. That would be my logic. I don't think the poles are proportionately thin enough to theme completely to vines, but I could imagine vines being draped in front of them...

Capsin4

By the time you can see the tiny mountains lifted higher than the facade rock work. You'll be so far from the ride building that these guys will looks like they're floating in the distance. That would be my logic. I don't think the poles are proportionately thin enough to theme completely to vines, but I could imagine vines being draped in front of them...

Maybe waterfalls instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom