AVATAR land construction progress

Mike S

Yes the Navi at the end of that clip is animatronic, from what I have been reading it is the most sophisticated AA they have ever done.
swanson-dance.gif

kap91

I remember reading a quote from James Cameron that the navi animatronics would have over 40 actuators in the face alone (I believe he specifically said more in the face than in the body of the next most sophisticated one). This would appear to lend credence to that claim. It's hard to believe how good that looked - but I don't see why else they would have given that clip (otherwise meaningless) such a prominent place at the end of the presentation as a "teaser". Very excited for this project and it looks every bit as amazing as I initially thought it would be.

twebber55

Like everyone said if that is a AA wow that will be incredible and something to see... It also gives me great hope in what could be coming to other areas of the park or even the new president in hall of presidents when the time comes.
i think this is a big plus for this project
2 companies working together to produce and incredible land
thats why when you see AAs like this there will be a lot of "this is the best work Disney has done" type quotes

Prototype82

From the looks of that tribal painting, it looks like we will really get an up-close look at the homes of the Na'vii. I can imagine Joe Rhode jumping at having a field day developing the culture of the people, much like he did with Harambe and Anandapur...

Toruk Makto...*attempts to breathe*

Also, I love the fact that a ton of the 'sky people's' stuff is rusted. One of my biggest hopes was that we would see all of this military mercenary gear rusted and scattered around the forest to show the end of the war. Really really cool storytelling...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom