AVATAR land construction progress

Next Big Thing

I've never seen it.
I'm sure it won't be necessary to enjoy the area.

I've also never seen: BatB, TLM, The Original Pooh movie, Jungle Book, Snow White, Cinderella (until the recent live action version), Sleeping Beauty, half the movies in the GMR, or Song of the South; and that has never stopped me from enjoying any of the related attractions.
I'm in the same boat. There's a lot of Disney movies/stories i've never seen, but it doesn't affect my park experience. If anything, them being in the park pushes me to want to see the movies.

Wikkler

I'm in the same boat. There's a lot of Disney rides/stories i've never seen, but it doesn't affect my park experience. If anything, them being in the park pushes me to want to see the movies.
A good balance of IP to non-IP can make or break a park, but if Disney's smart, they can help promote their movies through the theme park medium without them fully taking over a park or disrupting the theming of a land, but thanks to Iger and Pressler and Chapek, that seems less likely every year. Ten years ago was the last non-IP attraction built in WDW, and that was in the Eisner era.

Next Big Thing

A good balance of IP to non-IP can make or break a park, but if Disney's smart, they can help promote their movies through the theme park medium without them fully taking over a park or disrupting the theming of a land, but thanks to Iger and Pressler and Chapek, that seems less likely every year. Ten years ago was the last non-IP attraction built in WDW, and that was in the Eisner era.
Was the last ride.

I tend to consider nighttime shows "attractions" (there's a difference between ride and attraction) and if RoL stays completely original, then we will have gotten something original this year, albeit not a ride. But maybe popularity of it can show that you don't need an IP to make a good attraction.

Wikkler

Was the last ride.

I tend to consider nighttime shows "attractions" (there's a difference between ride and attraction) and if RoL stays completely original, then we will have gotten something original this year, albeit not a ride. But maybe popularity of it can show that you don't need an IP to make a good attraction.
RoL is in the future still, and I'm fearing the Jungle Book show could be Disney temporary instead of normal temporary.

RSoxNo1

DHS should be used for temporary shows, parades and meet and greets for the latest animated IP. They did this with Frozen, but not right away. They used to do this in the early 90s and it was an inexpensive way to get characters from the new movies in the parks quickly.

The more permanent additions should be better thought out. Fantasyland should be expanded further and I've offered several very logical ways to do this and set up the parks for logical expansion over the next 20+ years. Instead there has largely been short sighted decisions that aren't considering the long term effects of these changes. Consistently going with the cheaper option over the best option results in DCA and DHS level overhauls. What's even more unfortunate is that it seems that at least part of the DHS overhaul is also being "Value engineered."

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Interesting permit today for show set install for Navi River Journey. Of particular interest is that this permit has the default 1 year expiration instead of the 12/31/2018 date that almost all the other permits have had.

471 W Savannah Circle - Morpho 801 - show Set Install / Scenes 3,4 & 6

Another permit today from Buena Vista Construction for show scenes 1 and 2A. It's interesting the different scene are being done by different contractors. They description on the permit is also interesting, "DAK E-Ticket Scenes 1 and 2A"

Mike S

Another permit today from Buena Vista Construction for show scenes 1 and 2A. It's interesting the different scene are being done by different contractors. They description on the permit is also interesting, "DAK E-Ticket Scenes 1 and 2A"

tumblr_lhh9mu1v6W1qafrh6.gif

twebber55

im not very smart but how can the soarin E ticket have different scenes or are they talking about the river journey?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom