AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

ctxak98

It's all opinion, but Jurassic Park River Adventure is the king of dinosaur themed rides. The T-Rex at the end with the drop is so climatic, it's just perfect. DINOSAUR is just too dark, too loud, a lot of things are broken and not working, and it's a confusing and frightening experience.

Jurassic Park River Adventure is a more intimate and engaging experience that builds up to a climatic and dramatic ending. Plus, the T-Rex at the end is leagues better than that large dinosaur head that charges at you and blasts nasty smelling air in your face.

I still enjoy DINOSAUR, just not as much as Jurassic Park. Plus, nothing beats hearing the theme song and having those Jurassic Park gates open. It gives me chills! :D

But yes, most of the AAs in Jurassic Park River Adventure need some major refurbishment.
I cant tell you are a BIG Jurassic Park Fan as am I, BUT the t-rex At the end has like a sheet cloth for a neck...have you ever realized that!? Idk its all personal opinion but I would rather be scared on a dinosaur ride then laughing at the fake dinosaurs. BTW, IMO, The chasing Carnotaurus blows all JPRA dinosaurs out of the water...literally because...its a raft ride. get it?? lol.

BryceM

I cant tell you are a BIG Jurassic Park Fan as am I, BUT the t-rex At the end has like a sheet cloth for a neck...have you ever realized that!? Idk its all personal opinion but I would rather be scared on a dinosaur ride then laughing at the fake dinosaurs. BTW, IMO, The chasing Carnotaurus blows all JPRA dinosaurs out of the water...literally because...its a raft ride. get it?? lol.
Oh, well the Carnotaurus near the end (but not the final one) and the one at the beginning are very good. DINOSAUR is the only ride at either Disney or Universal that I do get scared to go on. It made my mom cry and she refuses to ever go on again, hahaha.

ctxak98

Oh, well the Carnotaurus near the end (but not the final one) and the one at the beginning are very good. DINOSAUR is the only ride at either Disney or Universal that I do get scared to go on. It made my mom cry and she refuses to ever go on again, hahaha.
I think all the dinosaurs on the ride itself Besides the Compsagnathus, Pterodactyl, and last carno Head are better then JPRA. I don't get scared on it really but the excitement level is just so much higher...especially for a first time rider! I like it dark!

Taylor

I guess I should have held up the sarcasm sign.
The_Sarcasm_Misunderstanding_by_ThePlotThinnens.jpg

Post #1000 for me woohoo!!!

JustInTime

I think its more ferngully the last rainforest ripoff than pocahontas rip off
Not really. The plot is the exact same as Pocahontas. People invade foreign land for a valuable substance, guy falls in love with girl, mass genocide ensues. They even worship a willow type tree in Avatar that contains a spirit like Grandmother Willow.

JeffH

The plot similarities between the 2 movies are eerie and astonishing...
Earthlings come from another world (the new world/Earth) to plunder a valuable rock (gold/unobtanium) found in the land of natives (indians/pandorians) who live with the land and are very spiritual. To get this rock they will kill the natives and destroy their native land. They have a 'magical' tree (grandmother willow/Tree of Souls). A key native woman relates with key invading male who does what he can to thwart the invasion...and on and on...the only plotline that is unique is the Avatars, which make no sense considering that they know that the Pandorians know that they are the Avatars, so the Avatars end up simply being high-tech environmental suits that aid in communication....it's such a joke that the chief Avatar scientist wears clothes on her Avatar...why not simply make the Avatars look like the humans they represent and be honest, maybe THEN they'd develop some trust?

RSoxNo1

Not really. The plot is the exact same as Pocahontas. People invade foreign land for a valuable substance, guy falls in love with girl, mass genocide ensues. They even worship a willow type tree in Avatar that contains a spirit like Grandmother Willow.
It's the Air Up There.

WDW1974

Based on that, I'd say overall a good legacy, but a bit mixed since some things like AC didn't last and others like DAK are very pretty but light in the attraction department.

I do think he's getting the shaft if @WDW1974 was correct a while back and he could lose his job. I would guess if he and JC aren't getting along it is not entirely his fault.

Cameron doesn't get along with almost anyone and Joe has his own vision for DAK as it was his baby ... and, rest assured, Rohde never planned for blue aliens to be part of that vision.

I wouldn't expect him to win any battle with Cameron (and there have been plenty) and he's next in the axing line at WDI ... seeing him pull out of the 15th anniversary event only drives that home.

BTW, who is 'George'? I go away for a bit and you change your name? Are you just doing that so everyone stops asking where Georgie K is? You can just say "I'm here on MAGIC!'' :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom