AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

RSoxNo1

IDk i see your point but we already have multiple zoos with pandas i think the increase would be marginal who knows..would love to see them there though
What would help is if DHS also opened something around the same time as the Pandas, otherwise I suspect that DHS will lose gate to DAK as a result.

RSoxNo1

This was never a Potter Swatter. They disappeared around 09-10.

And again, EE would not need to "go down" to remove the strobe mannequin.
One of the rumors I had been told was that the current figure would be removed and replaced with a marrionette type figure. I haven't been able to verify it, but it seems that any speculation on necessary downtime is purely a guess at this point.

DocMcHulk

Original Poster
One of the rumors I had been told was that the current figure would be removed and replaced with a marrionette type figure. I haven't been able to verify it, but it seems that any speculation on necessary downtime is purely a guess at this point.
marrionette???

luv

I realize I'm very, very late to the game here, but thought I'd say it, anyway...

Please, no Avatar. Please. No.

Had to say it! Never saw a real panda. Would like that a lot! :)

baymenxpac

Animal Kingdom is Nahtazu!

alright, lame thread drift story, but i think it's amusing:

in 2002, my buddy and i were down in WDW with my parents for a post-graduation trip. it was the summer after our senior year of HS, so suffice it to say, we thought we knew everything. if anyone remembers, during this time frame, they played the nahtazu commercial @GrumpyFan posted every 15 seconds on TV. after 10 days of being on property, seeing the commercial countless times, and mocking it in the effected voice from the commericial, my buddy and i start this rant on the way to the airport. "what does it even mean?! good marketing disney! like i'm supposed to learn native dialects on my vacation!"

at this point, my parents pretty much lose it and ask that we say it again out loud.

"disney's animal kingdom is many things, but there's one thing it's NOT...NAHTAZU!"

five seconds on silence pass...

"OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

felt really, really dumb for a while after that. still good for a cheap laugh when we go to AK.

Genie of the Lamp

I know this doesn't really have much to do with Avatarland/Pandora at AK. However I found this article on MSN saying that Cameron is deeply involved with writing the scripts for the 2nd and 3rd Avatar Movies:
http://social.entertainment.msn.com...spx?feat=8b7bc0b4-b9e5-43fc-8dc4-abe06dbd477d

It makes me wonder though if maybe he's spending too much time on writing/developing these movies and not enough on the theme park project? I know the the basics seemed to be nailed out (2 attractions, shop, QS) but I don't know, just makes me kind of wonder. In the article, he doesn't mention Avatarland as well, just talks about the upcoming movies.

cheezbat

I'm getting really sick of the on again/off again nature of Avatarland...Disney just can't seem to get anywhere with this.

I say screw it. Move along...make an adventure area of the park in Camp Minnie Mickeys plot with a clone of Mystic Manor, maybe a clone of the 20,000 leagues ride from Disneysea, then add freakin Pandas to Asia and maybe an Aussie mini land near the Nemo show and all my cwalms with this park would silence for a good decade.

Oh yeah...and fix the yeti!

NoChesterHester

I'm getting really sick of the on again/off again nature of Avatarland...Disney just can't seem to get anywhere with this.

I say screw it. Move along...make an adventure area of the park in Camp Minnie Mickeys plot with a clone of Mystic Manor, maybe a clone of the 20,000 leagues ride from Disneysea, then add freakin Pandas to Asia and maybe an Aussie mini land near the Nemo show and all my cwalms with this park would silence for a good decade.

Oh yeah...and fix the yeti!

I'll take an original Avatar ride over a clone, no matter how awesome the original is.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
I realize I'm very, very late to the game here, but thought I'd say it, anyway...

Please, no Avatar. Please. No.

Had to say it! Never saw a real panda. Would like that a lot! :)
I must be greedy. I want it all.
I want the Avatarland boat ride and Soarin' type 3D ride. And pandas.
I want Cars Land. I want some Stars Wars stuff. I want a blow my socks off Pixar Place.
I want the Speedway removed and replaced with a mountain housing TWO E-ticket attractions (one for Tomorrowland and one geared to Fantasyland).
I want one or two rides added to World Showcase AND two new countries. I want WOL restored to a pavilion with two or three rides/attractions - stick all that festival stuff in the Odyssey building. I want an adult-type script restored to SSE. I want COP revamped, updated and relocated to Epcot.
Give me all this and I will gladly pay $150/night for your decorated Motel 6 and $80/day theme park tickets. Oh wait ... I already do. Move along. Nothing to see here, after all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom