AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

devoy1701

There's nothing that's going to catch you by surprise when you see them...they're pretty black and white.

ha. were you a Jungle Cruise Skipper in a past life (or this one)?

but really. My thought exactly when we saw them last week in the San Diego zoo... i think we were more impressed with the Grizzlies. But atleast we can now say we've been to the San Diego Zoo and saw a real Panda!

Lee

Adventurer
I can almost assure you they will do it how this effect is done...
Yep. This on a larger scale:
image.jpg

themonkeyisthesultan

I
So..... Legoland Florida is building a floating island before Avatar even gets public concept art. oops!
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Entry-550x437.jpg
I'm a pretty big supporter of WDW in general and Avatar Land in particular, and even I have to say that's just embarrassing for the project. Lego's Avatar ripoff has only existed in toy form for a couple months and the theme park land will probably be open before Disney even breaks ground. Maybe this will finally force Disney's hand and we can see some real concept art.

GLaDOS

Nope.
I haven't seen any details about that.

Be hard to do floating mountains after Legoland does them first.

I have to wonder if there's any sense of "egg on the face" here for Disney. Yes, Legoland is obviously not in the same stratosphere as Disney as far as pull and exposure, but they're putting up a key visual distinction of a land that's supposed to be WDW's "next big thing" 3-4 years before it will ever be seen in WDW (if ever).

It's just another nail in the "This project doesn't make sense" coffin for me.

dcibrando

I have to wonder if there's any sense of "egg on the face" here for Disney. Yes, Legoland is obviously not in the same stratosphere as Disney as far as pull and exposure, but they're putting up a key visual distinction of a land that's supposed to be WDW's "next big thing" 3-4 years before it will ever be seen in WDW (if ever).

I think this is a good thing actually... maybe this will as you say put the final nail in the coffin and let them start designing/plannng/BUILDING a better land rather than crapatarland

djlaosc

So Legoland now have "Star Wars (Mini)Land" and "Floating Island Land"... ;)

Maybe Disney are kicking them out of Disney Springs... j/k

twebber55

I guess this is why i dont mind legolan with floating mountains and its affect on avatar after all legoland has a star wars land. Lots of people taking huge leaps on this subject (based on their own biased ideas) i would refer to atricos and what he said a few pages back

RSoxNo1

I guess this is why i dont mind legolan with floating mountains and its affect on avatar after all legoland has a star wars land. Lots of people taking huge leaps on this subject (based on their own biased ideas) i would refer to atricos and what he said a few pages back
I can't wait to walk around a Disney park and relive the "Simpsons did it" episode of South Park except this time with "Legoland did it.

jt04

Mr Yee seems to have accepted what many of our insiders are still in denial over. Specifically, he now thinks Pandora is happening.

But then Disney announced long ago that construction was to start in late 2013.

Can I say, "told you so" yet? :cool:

GLaDOS

Mr Yee seems to have accepted what many of our insiders are still in denial over. Specifically, he now thinks Pandora is happening.

But then Disney announced long ago that construction was to start in late 2013.

Can I say, "told you so" yet? :cool:

Actually, Iger had said during an investors meeting construction would start in 2012 and it would open in 2015.

I'm surprised you don't remember the words of your idol.

jt04

Actually, Iger had said during an investors meeting construction would start in 2012 and it would open in 2015.

I'm surprised you don't remember the words of your idol.

The only date I have ever seen quoted directly was from Staggs and that was late 2013. Perhaps they delayed it a bit to see exactly what Potter 2 was all about. I am not saying you are wrong, I just had not heard 2012.

The main point is, Pandora seems like a go.

twebber55

The only date I have ever seen quoted directly was from Staggs and that was late 2013. Perhaps they delayed it a bit to see exactly what Potter 2 was all about. I am not saying you are wrong, I just had not heard 2012.

The main point is, Pandora seems like a go.
gotta agree with JT here..i ve never read that construction was supposed to start in 2012, i ve only read it for 2013.. now completion date i ve read for both 2016 and 2015

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom