Avatar Flight of Passage reviews, comments and questions

GlacierGlacier

What is up with the Fastpass balance on this ride? I had a few friends there sunday and they were in the final lab room for an hour. The CM at the FP/standby junction actively walked down the fastpass line to get them on the ride, whilst leaving those who had been waiting for nearly 5 hours just sitting there. The ride wasn't even running with limited capacity, just a poor CM.

Dave B

We we're at AK on Friday. The wait for this ride was posted at 5 hours...not a typo. That is crazy. Heard more than one person talking about how Incredible the ride was. We we're pyched! One person said they had been on it 8 times already. Had FP
. short wait to the first room. Our room was 3 seats empty so not going out full. Anyway sorry but this is way over hyped. All 4 in our group said a good ride but similar to Soring. My millennials in my party prefer a ride that is not a simulator. Group rating 3.5 stars and worth a 40 minute wait. I think the demand is based on no new major attractions and everyone wanting to ride before heading home and being asked about it. My opinion only of course.
Respectfully disagree with you, similar to Soarin as far as a simulator, but that is it

Fox&Hound

Just rode it twice this last week and it was, hands down, the best ride I have ever experienced. That title did belong to The Mummy in Universal (I know, I am an obsessed Disney fan) and while rides like Splash, Mansion, and Pirates remain my nostalgic favorites this ride just blew me away. The feeling of flying, the beauty, the scents: I could not stop smiling once I got off.

I found the entire land to be inspired. Loved the floating mountains and how small I felt standing under them. I also completely disagreed with anyone who found the land at night underwhelming- I loooooved it at night. Coupled with the new night show and tree of life awakenings this park has a new place
In my heart!!!!

Now, with that said, I found the boat ride completely underwhleming. Great visuals but no narrative you could follow- like the new Test Track or the new Soarin- I find it beautiful but without soul....Kinda bummed on that. We had the pineapple creme cheese app (name?) and the green and purple drink with the yellow balls on top and they were both fantastic!!!!!!

Wow! Loved this land! Great job Disney!!!!

Texas84

Some of my family just went, waited 4 hours, thought it was amazing and worth the wait. Personally I think it's definitely worth a 2 hour wait. As much as I love it, 4 hours is a bit much for me.

The Empress Lilly

It’ll get an hour out of us. Just once. Just to show the in-laws the standby line.
Hey, the queue is great, worthy of a visit.

Perhaps against better judgement I'm hoping the line will eventually reach manageable proportions, it's a great build-up to the ride. I fear a Soarin'/TSMM/7DMT effect though and many years of undoable lines.

Fox&Hound

I did standby and fastpass and never went in to the room with the floating avatar? Granted, when I did the standby it was first thing in the morning, technically before the park opened, so I walked on with a thousand of my closest friends...kinda bummed I only saw him from a window from afar- he looked impressive!!!!

bclane

I did standby and fastpass and never went in to the room with the floating avatar? Granted, when I did the standby it was first thing in the morning, technically before the park opened, so I walked on with a thousand of my closest friends...kinda bummed I only saw him from a window from afar- he looked impressive!!!!
I didn’t even know you could bypass the floating Avatar in the standby line. I wonder how they routed you??? Anyway, that stinks because it really is impressive.

Calm Down Rover

We also were routed past both the glowing forest and the lab this morning. We were sent from the entrance cave down a corridor with a large window looking into the lab, then directly to the preshow doors.

Oh, and take our word for it: If you're braving the Christmas crowds, arrive at 7:30 or earlier! They began loading the queue around 8:30.

Fox&Hound

We also were routed past both the glowing forest and the lab this morning. We were sent from the entrance cave down a corridor with a large window looking into the lab, then directly to the preshow doors.

Oh, and take our word for it: If you're braving the Christmas crowds, arrive at 7:30 or earlier! They began loading the queue around 8:30.

Yes that was absolutely what we did....kind of a shame...

trainplane3

I finally got to ride this today. Luckily I had a FP today, because 4 hours is way too much. I don't think I've ridden anything at the many parks I've been too that would be worth 4 hours. This was really something else. The water splashes, the smells, and the perfectly sync movement with breathing. I loved it. It's very unique "sim" and that makes it stand out. I'd wait an hour tops if I didn't have a FP.

NRJ is at 3 hours right now. I can wait a year or two before riding that.

Last edited:

Dizmunk

Anyone else notice the lone weird creature at the end of the ride? While banshee is perched lower right side of screen in the brush moving around. Looks like a baby cloverfield monster- don't remember anything resembling it in the movie. Maybe will be in the sequels.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Anyone else notice the lone weird creature at the end of the ride? While banshee is perched lower right side of screen in the brush moving around. Looks like a baby cloverfield monster- don't remember anything resembling it in the movie. Maybe will be in the sequels.

All I see are banshees on cliffs. Unless you're mistaken the multi-branching root system as a living creature?

Adam N

All I see are banshees on cliffs. Unless you're mistaken the multi-branching root system as a living creature?

This video doesn’t show it. It’s on the piece of land your banshee is perched upon. It’s a prolemurus eating some fruit, who gets irritated you interrupted his meal when you land and then very sassily turns his back to you. He’s my favorite part of the entire experience and is a true testament to how much detail there is in this 4.5 minute video.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This video doesn’t show it. It’s on the piece of land your banshee is perched upon. It’s a prolemurus eating some fruit, who gets irritated you interrupted his meal when you land and then very sassily turns his back to you. He’s my favorite part of the entire experience and is a true testament to how much detail there is in this 4.5 minute video.

Huh. It is indeed cloverfieldish. At least you can get a plushie of it!

upload_2017-12-25_1-37-47.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom