Avatar Flight of Passage reviews, comments and questions

RSoxNo1

You misspelled "best."

By the way, that was a cheap win over the Jets today. Not that that's relevant in any way. Just airing my grievances!
No you're right. Neither team was trying to win that game so the refs had to make a decision. I guess they decided the Jets are doing a lousy job of tanking.

But yeah, Wild Arctic is a worse attraction than Journey Into Imagination, Stitch's Great Escape and Shrek 4D.

wdwgreek

While planning an upcoming trip, FoP is in the "must do" category. Maybe even the top "must do" item on the list. To me, that indicates that it's a major win. I rode it three times on our last trip a few months back and I can't wait to go again.
Even though it gave me motion sickness I plan to go on it next week and am willing to wait up to 2 hours to do so.

doctornick

For attractions that have this big of a focus on the pre-show, it is the worst one I can think of. Parts of Stitch's Great Escape were cringe worthy, but this is something taking itself seriously and it's bad.

I'm a fan of the pre-show. It felt far more "real" and not like you were, well, watching a pre-show video for a ride. I think FoP as a whole completely sells the conceit of actually linking to an Avatar/riding a banshee including the queue ans and pre-show.

THE Monorail Lime

I'm a fan of the pre-show. It felt far more "real" and not like you were, well, watching a pre-show video for a ride. I think FoP as a whole completely sells the conceit of actually linking to an Avatar/riding a banshee including the queue ans and pre-show.
I like I was just questioning the new preshow how it scan for "bugs"

No Name

I like I was just questioning the new preshow how it scan for "bugs"

Huh? It's done that since day one.

There are rotating segments of the first preshow, so you likely don't see the exact same thing every time... but I don't think anything has changed since day one.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Some of the pre-show segments (I think the scanning for "bugs" is part of this) only play if there is a delay in the actual theater room ahead of you. So, to keep you in the pre-show room longer, they have additional footage -- which, I will say, is pretty seamlessly used.

Indeed this.

I rode it five days in a row. One time there wasn't any parasite scan or "uh oh, be right back". We got the super short version and were on the ride real quick.

Other times we got either the parasite scan or the "brb".

And one time we got the whole works: Parasite scan, brb, and DNA recalibration that cycled through about 5 different particle effects.

To me, it seems clear that there are filler scenes to keep you occupied if the group before you had troubles with the load and/or unload.

rsm

Based on current trends, roughly how long before the park closes do they rope off the stand-by queue for FoP each night?

SJH'72

We have just ridden tonight and all CM,s we spoke to before joining the line said as long as we passed the official start of the ride before park close at 8pm (ie by the FP scanners etc) we would ride. We joined the line at 7pm when wait time was 90 mins and were off the ride and exiting pandora within 95 mins. But we walked some way into the line before hitting the actual queue of people. Amazing ride and queuing at night with all the lights and stuff was really lovely :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom