JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Thanks for the link.

I hope this is not 3-D, although with Cameron, I imagine it may be a sticking point.
The article mentions that the ride system may tip riders forward, similar to Manta. Speaking as someone who must wear 3-D glasses over regular glasses, this will be a PITA for many. I will either have to hold the glasses in place or wave buh-bye to them as they slip off my face while I am pitched forward.

The rest of the article, while a recap of much of what we already know, sounds very exciting. As I have said before, I have never seen Avatar, which I think will be a huge plus for me. It will all be new; it will all be thrilling; and with Cameron in charge, it will all be first rate.

I have a feeling DAK may cease to be my least favourite park!

jdmdisney99

Thanks for the link.

I hope this is not 3-D, although with Cameron, I imagine it may be a sticking point.
The article mentions that the ride system may tip riders forward, similar to Manta. Speaking as someone who must wear 3-D glasses over regular glasses, this will be a PITA for many. I will either have to hold the glasses in place or wave buh-bye to them as they slip off my face while I am pitched forward.

The rest of the article, while a recap of much of what we already know, sounds very exciting. As I have said before, I have never seen Avatar, which I think will be a huge plus for me. It will all be new; it will all be thrilling; and with Cameron in charge, it will all be first rate.

I have a feeling DAK may cease to be my least favourite park!
And enter DHS...

Coolneal

I came across this today
3617BE18-310C-4A2B-8D39-ED0F1362393B_zps8wu2cygy.jpg
this is what happens when I mix glowstones in concrete.. Wonder if this is how they will create the walkways within Pandora.

dennis-in-ct

I wonder if the AVATAR boat ride will mimic the Shanghai Pirates ride. I thought I read the boats will be on a motion base like the DINOSAUR ride. I would be very cool if the two ride layout and ride vehicles were the same.

lazyboy97o

I wonder if the AVATAR boat ride will mimic the Shanghai Pirates ride. I thought I read the boats will be on a motion base like the DINOSAUR ride. I would be very cool if the two ride layout and ride vehicles were the same.
Doubtful. The boat ride has consistently been labels a C Ticket attraction.

sabbyxxo

See... I love Avatar as a movie, don't get me wrong, everything about the film is absolutely stunning, but I feel as though there is no spark to the idea of adding an entire section of its own to the Animal Kingdom. Harry Potter Land was given its own area at Universal because it is a legacy, and a world of its own; the magic in the books and movies were just... there, from the start to keep people talking for years, as are every Disney Classic ever made. This being said, Avatar I don't think lives quite up to par. Nothing against the makers, James Cameron, fans, etc., but I can only have faith that this will be a success, which says a lot. I really hope everything works, out, but I think just adding a small area to where the Tree of Life is would have been enough. Camp Minnie and Mickey may be outdated, but my opinion was always that we should stick with updating Epcot's Future World. Adding a piece of Avatar Land might have been a good idea there, 'futuristically'/'Earthly' speaking.

Normally, I adore everything added to Disney World as long as they keep all the organics. Whatever happens, I'm sure I'll be laughing at this post later on. <3 Love you Disney. Just.. please don't take away the pavilions at World Showcase! :happy: hehe xxoo

ctxak98

See... I love Avatar as a movie, don't get me wrong, everything about the film is absolutely stunning, but I feel as though there is no spark to the idea of adding an entire section of its own to the Animal Kingdom. Harry Potter Land was given its own area at Universal because it is a legacy, and a world of its own; the magic in the books and movies were just... there, from the start to keep people talking for years, as are every Disney Classic ever made. This being said, Avatar I don't think lives quite up to par. Nothing against the makers, James Cameron, fans, etc., but I can only have faith that this will be a success, which says a lot. I really hope everything works, out, but I think just adding a small area to where the Tree of Life is would have been enough. Camp Minnie and Mickey may be outdated, but my opinion was always that we should stick with updating Epcot's Future World. Adding a piece of Avatar Land might have been a good idea there, 'futuristically'/'Earthly' speaking.

Normally, I adore everything added to Disney World as long as they keep all the organics. Whatever happens, I'm sure I'll be laughing at this post later on. <3 Love you Disney. Just.. please don't take away the pavilions at World Showcase! :happy: hehe xxoo
I see where you are coming from, however I don't think Avatar needs to be a legacy or as popular to be amazing. The Land itself is noteworthy in my opinion and I think Its going to turn out great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom