phi2134

If indeed guests will ride on the back of a flying animal for the new soarin' type ride, i wouldnt put it past them to create a new animal which could hold a lot more people, and would be larger than a banshee or the larger flying dragon type animal in the movie.

rioriz

"Avatar"? Isn't that the overrated piece of cinematic eye candy that's just been eclipsed by the movie "Gravity"?

*yawn*

Looks like I'll continue skipping AK when I visit WDW in the future...

Signed in just to say Please skip it....I have renewed faith in TDO if they can pull out that boat/EMV ride

CTXRover

Well, the video and concept art do look fantastic. I didn't really know what to expect, but the pics and model do certainly look like this could be an impressive land. While the film's merits have been discussed to death, I always thought the world of Pandora would be neat to visit when I saw the film, which is obviously the main focus of this land.

Early 2017 as a completion date also seems to make sense. Projects of this size are often quoted as taking 5 years from development to completion, which is about what this will take with development starting late 2011.

Interested to see what types of rides will be included. As to the main ride just being Soarin' over Pandora, I will throw this quote out from Tom Staggs posted in the comments of his Blog post: "riding a Banshee will definitely be an “E-ticket” attraction unlike any our guests have ever experienced". So maybe there is credence to those who say the ride is not just an overlay of Soarin'.

space42

Well, the video and concept art do look fantastic. I didn't really know what to expect, but the pics and model do certainly look like this could be an impressive land. While the film's merits have been discussed to death, I always thought the world of Pandora would be neat to visit when I saw the film, which is obviously the main focus of this land.

Early 2017 as a completion date also seems to make sense. Projects of this size are often quoted as taking 5 years from development to completion, which is about what this will take with development starting late 2011.

Interested to see what types of rides will be included. As to the main ride just being Soarin' over Pandora, I will throw this quote out from Tom Staggs posted in the comments of his Blog post: "riding a Banshee will definitely be an “E-ticket” attraction unlike any our guests have ever experienced". So maybe there is credence to those who say the ride is not just an overlay of Soarin'.

I really do hope that it is something more than Soarin' in 3D. This land really needs a signature E-ticket ala Splash, Pirates, 20K Leagues. Forbidden Journey has already shown what can be done with a mixture of screens and physical sets utilizing a moving vehicle. Disney really needs to blow this out of the water like we all know they can.

Fable McCloud

I thought the reason why there was no night activities at AK was because the animals would be disrupted from their natural habits and the nocturnal ones would be difficult to observe properly without crazy lighting.

Or is that not it?

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
People who would be better off going to Universal, if non-Disney-generated stuff is what lures them.

Before Star Wars became Disney, I did not feel that way about Star Wars and loved both versions of that ride. I know many people that went to Walt Disney World with the main draw being Star Wars when it first opened and visiting for Star Wars Weekends. I do not think that everything at Walt Disney World has to be pure "Disney".

Ignohippo

It's funny what a little artwork can do. Two days ago, I was fully aligned with the haters of this Avatar project. I think the art and subsequent video have changed probably 90% of our minds.

I can't wait. I've been hoping we'd get a nice floral area for Tink (and am still highly disappointed that this is happening and we don't even have a Pixie Hollow at WDW – amongst a million other things that should come before this), but at least something is happening and it looks spectacular!

ctxak98

THIS HAS ME SUPER EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!! But on a different note , I am worried about the boat ride.

Everytime they talk about the land they explain how you will be able to FLY and SOAR above Pandora and Venture into the Bioluminescent jungles at night. But it doesn't say it will be a Boat ride at night!? Anyone know more about the Boat ride and if its a for sure thing!???

Dog Ate Mouse

It's nice to see that they finally released some artwork/concept artwork. I think since the very first announcemnet that Avatar land was coming, it has been a long time in the works and feel most people are at a point of I will believe it when I see it. Now IMHO I feel the very first announcemnet was premature and that the imagineers were not really sure what the land should look like and how to bring it to fruition. Think about it, alot of detail and idea's had to be thought of and kicked around. Then the thought of could it be built and at what cost coupled with how do we get our guest totally blown away when they walk into this land. Looks like they also thought of entertainmnet at night that would be a very happy, peacful experience that would fit this park without stressing out the animals. I Wish that they would have had all the concept artwork finalized and then made an announcemnet that Avatar land was coming to Animal Kingdom and shortly there after let construction walls begin. I am not a big Avatar fan, but am hoping this new experience will be breathe taking and fun. Now enough of the talking and I would love to see some building getting under way.

Uncle Lupe

I can see them using the Avatar sequels to give a different audience teasers to this land in progress. Using movies to promote theme parks and parks to promote movies.

Captain Neo

I can see them using the Avatar sequels to give a different audience teasers to this land in progress. Using movies to promote theme parks and parks to promote movies.

The only Avatar film coming out before Avatarland is Avatar 2. The other films come out after the land opens

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom