Seabasealpha1

Anyone know if there are any rumored names for the attractions? I was making up a list of what all will be there and "Banshee Flying Ride" and "Pandora Jungle Cruise" seem a little lame...

Any takers?

Sped2424

Is it safe to say that disney has not put this kind of effort or money into anything in quite a long time? Look at those visuals, for a project that everyone was dreading this might be the best thing they have come out with in YEARS. Also how will the ground react to people walking on it? From the art it looks like it lights up, if they make this happen I will be beyond happy, I think this will most definitely be a potter swatter if this is what is delivered.

jdmdisney99

Is it safe to say that disney has not put this kind of effort or money into anything in quite a long time? Look at those visuals, for a project that everyone was dreading this might be the best thing they have come out with in YEARS. Also how will the ground react to people walking on it? From the art it looks like it lights up, if they make this happen I will be beyond happy, I think this will most definitely be a potter swatter if this is what is delivered.
The ground reminds me of MJ's Billie Jean video.

jdmdisney99

Now that is delusional right there...just sayin'o_O
I disagree. The so called Potter-swatter might be interpreted in different ways. IMO it is a brilliant new area with more detail, interactivity, entertainment, thrill and amazement combined into one than the Wizarding World. By this statement, it doesn't have to take die hard Potter fans away from UNI. Avatars may not have a huge fan base but it won't matter. A potter swatter would simply bring more guests into Disney for a longer stay (due to longer days at AK) and leaving them to spend less money at UNI. A potter swatter won't transfer the die hard HP fans from the Wizarding World to Pandora, but will sway them to visit Disney for a brand spanking new exhilaration. And with the concept art released so far, and the majority of reactions shown on here and elsewhere, I agree with @Sped2424 . A World of Avatars like that will bring in the dough and pad WDW's stats vs UNI.

Sped2424

Now that is delusional right there...just sayin'o_O
I showed the concept art to my brother who talks about how great ioa is all the time, he saw the bio luminescent transformation that is gonna happen and his jaw dropped. Like I said if they deliver this, everything that we are seeing in the art, This could definitely be a crowd pleaser for sure, something that when people visit they will say you need to go, right now that's what harry potter land is. That's what I mean by potter swatter. It'll take the buzz away from it, something new fantasyland never aimed at, or accomplished in doing.

lazyboy97o

A potter swatter would simply bring more guests into Disney for a longer stay (due to longer days at AK) and leaving them to spend less money at UNI. A potter swatter won't transfer the die hard HP fans from the Wizarding World to Pandora, but will sway them to visit Disney for a brand spanking new exhilaration.
A "Potter Swatter" likely cannot be contained to just one park. People will probably just do as they have been doing and remove time from another Walt Disney World park. That's the massive hole Disney has dug themselves into. How long until the "Potter Swatters" open at the other parks? Will that be so far down the road that Disney's Animal Kingdom again needs something big and new so people aren't just cutting time there from their itinerary?

Cletus

I disagree. The so called Potter-swatter might be interpreted in different ways. IMO it is a brilliant new area with more detail, interactivity, entertainment, thrill and amazement combined into one than the Wizarding World. By this statement, it doesn't have to take die hard Potter fans away from UNI. Avatars may not have a huge fan base but it won't matter. A potter swatter would simply bring more guests into Disney for a longer stay (due to longer days at AK) and leaving them to spend less money at UNI. A potter swatter won't transfer the die hard HP fans from the Wizarding World to Pandora, but will sway them to visit Disney for a brand spanking new exhilaration. And with the concept art released so far, and the majority of reactions shown on here and elsewhere, I agree with @Sped2424 . A World of Avatars like that will bring in the dough and pad WDW's stats vs UNI.

We are talking about a "franchise" that made 81 percent of it's box office haul with that "new fangled 3D" at the time in 2010. I honestly think more people are excited about Jurassic Park 4 in 2015 than a sequel to Avatar. If anything, it will most likely disperse the crowds that are already at Disney at little more proportionally. I don't see a huge fan base, like you mention. I don't think this will make anyone skip Universal...whether its Potter or not at this point.

Not to mention that by 2017 there will more than likely be 3 more new expansions at Universal.;)

Sped2424

Seriously? A Potter Swatter nearly a decade after Potter opened? That's embarrassing.

By then, they'll need a third-gate/Jurassic Park/Kong/whatever-else-Universal's-adding swatter.
Maybe so, but nonetheless what they are delivering seems top notch, it will finally be an expansion that can actually go toe to toe with what is being offered at the wizarding world of harry potter.

Cletus

something that when people visit they will say you need to go, right now that's what harry potter land is. That's what I mean by potter swatter.

No..."Harry Potter Land" is a place that millions of people "grew up" in by READING books. Imagine that? Potter has a HUGE built in fanbase. Avatarland will look pretty cool, no doubt. People will see it because its at Disney and they are there.

lazyboy97o

No..."Harry Potter Land" is a place that millions of people "grew up" in by READING books. Imagine that? Potter has a HUGE built in fanbase. Avatarland will look pretty cool, no doubt. People will see it because its at Disney and they are there.
A big part of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter's critical acclaim is its appeal to those uninitiated in the series.

Magenta Panther

Maybe so, but nonetheless what they are delivering seems top notch, it will finally be an expansion that can actually go toe to toe with what is being offered at the wizarding world of harry potter.

Oh come on. Avatar doesn't have the cross-generational, family appeal of Potter. Your average kid - and many average adults - identify much more easily with the Potter characters than they do the Na'vi. Flying around on brooms and casting spells with wands is way more fun than running through a neon jungle with bulimic blue pussycats. No way this new Avatar land can compete with Potter. ESPECIALLY with Potter 2.0. Holy crap, from what I'm hearing and reading about it, THAT might be able to compete with WDW's Tower of Terror when it comes to theming, technical brilliance and storytelling. THAT'S something I can't wait to experience. At this rate, and given its current clueless leadership, WDW will never be able to swat Potter. It will continue to dilute its own identity by cluttering up the park with non-Disney-generated concepts. It breaks my heart to type this, but I fear it's true.

RSoxNo1

Lots going on in this shot!

1zku.jpg

Is that Scott Trowbridge on the right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom