August 2011 Roll Calls

dixiegirl

So I will say this if there is already an August roll call in progress , I appologize, direct me there! I did search an came up empty!

So I am starting this one! We're all booked , staying at our Home DVC resort SSR!!! Going with my Babe , two girls , Nephew and wife. Our Nephew has'nt been back to Disney since 2006 so there's lots of new stuff for him and his wife to see !
We'll be there the 20th -27th.
I have'nt been to disney in August since 2000 , we've always done September , but with our Oldest in middle school, way to much work for her to play make up!
But thats ok, we're still getting our fix!
Anyone else hop on August Roll call!!

And yes I'll take the Heat and humidity any day over crowds!!

JonBoy

1 Sleep left!

We head to London Gatwick today ready for our flight tomorrow morning for 2 weeks at Old Key West! Cannot wait - just hope these mindless riots here in the UK stop soon!!!
Have a great holiday everyone hopefully see you in the world!

Jon x:sohappy::sohappy

Upvote 0

PeoplemoverTTA

Very excited for you. We leave next friday as well. I too have been talking about it with my coworkers since before we even booked. They will ask me once a week and I promptly pull out my phone and pull up the disney countdown app. :)

I love having the app too! It's been fun to watch it go from 367, all the way down to 9 :)

Have a great trip! And if you see a 30-year old chick in a Perry the Platypus or TTA t-shirt, be sure to say hi :wave:

Okay yes, I have more than 2 t-shirts, but those are two confirmed shirts for this trip :lol:

Upvote 0

Rose99

6 more days until I leave for Florida an 13 untill we go to DISNEY! The Android app for wait times now has the park maps and info on the rides, so along with the countdown I've been checking that everyday too !!!:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0
I know this is off subject,but how were the crowds?

Very manageable! We were completely surprised at how little we had to wait for attractions at Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and the Animal Kingdom. Magic Kingdom was easily the most crowded park but transportation overall was above average. We never waited longer than 45-50 minutes for any "major" attractions. Most of the time we were able to walk right up to the attraction with very little wait.

Upvote 0

bhone39

We will be at Disney from August 22-30. Staying at CSR. Been planning this trip for over a year, can't believe it's almost here. Our boys, ages 8 & 7, have no idea we're going to Disney. They think we're going to New Hampshire. We'll tell them on the way to the airport.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

congrats on your upcoming trip. have you thought about getting to the airport and saying...nah lets not go to new hampshire lets go to disney instead? then you could video or take pics. if you're in the car that can be hard to do plus one parent misses the reaction while they're driving.

Upvote 0

tmack8983

Very manageable! We were completely surprised at how little we had to wait for attractions at Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and the Animal Kingdom. Magic Kingdom was easily the most crowded park but transportation overall was above average. We never waited longer than 45-50 minutes for any "major" attractions. Most of the time we were able to walk right up to the attraction with very little wait.

Thanks for the info, i was just wondering because me and my family will be there on the 28th.

Upvote 0

bow0303

I love having the app too! It's been fun to watch it go from 367, all the way down to 9 :)

Have a great trip! And if you see a 30-year old chick in a Perry the Platypus or TTA t-shirt, be sure to say hi :wave:

Okay yes, I have more than 2 t-shirts, but those are two confirmed shirts for this trip :lol:

Yes it was fun. Sometimes felt never it would never get down to single digits, but it finally has. I will be on the lookout for Perry and the lady in wearing him. :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

We start driving tomorrow morning!!! I just gave the girls their 4 new Disney movies for the road trip as well as a new game for the Leapster! I'm about 70% packed (bday cake for DD4 put me behind) and am about to make a Disney play list on my ipod for our "choreographed" arrival. :D

Upvote 0

FyreMickey

Leaving in a week to drive down with my best friend. He is only staying for two nights, but I am staying until January because I am doing the college program. I can't wait!!!!!

Upvote 0

bhone39

congrats on your upcoming trip. have you thought about getting to the airport and saying...nah lets not go to new hampshire lets go to disney instead? then you could video or take pics. if you're in the car that can be hard to do plus one parent misses the reaction while they're driving.

We're actually telling them in the morning before we leave for the airport.

Upvote 0

Izzy5513

We will be there 8/23- 8/30 at the Yacht Club. This will be our second time in August and we can't wait! Last time Toy Story was closed so we can't wait. Checking in on Saturday!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom