August 2011 Roll Calls

dixiegirl

So I will say this if there is already an August roll call in progress , I appologize, direct me there! I did search an came up empty!

So I am starting this one! We're all booked , staying at our Home DVC resort SSR!!! Going with my Babe , two girls , Nephew and wife. Our Nephew has'nt been back to Disney since 2006 so there's lots of new stuff for him and his wife to see !
We'll be there the 20th -27th.
I have'nt been to disney in August since 2000 , we've always done September , but with our Oldest in middle school, way to much work for her to play make up!
But thats ok, we're still getting our fix!
Anyone else hop on August Roll call!!

And yes I'll take the Heat and humidity any day over crowds!!

Alison1975

14 days and we will be walking right down the middle of main street USA.. and my 3 youngest kiddos will finally meet Mickey Mouse. This is a dream coming true for me! To anyone who will be there at the same time:
If ya see this teen:
IMG_8189.jpg

wandering around in Disney from the 19-29th.. say hi.. Name is Noah and he will be celebrating his 17th birthday so maybe throw him a Happy Birthday too..and yes.. he picked that backpack..and yes he has green hair!

Upvote 0

bow0303

13 days until we leave. 9 work days. Need to get last minutes travel items, finish shirts, round up cash and make sure we get car checked. Cant wait.

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

I am officially in Disney freakout mode, we leave Wednesday for our 11 night trip! 3 nights at the Poly for our first time and then 8 more at BLT. We shipped our luggage yesterday so I am ready to go, bring it on!! Woohoo! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

Original Poster
WOOHOO we can say we leave NEXT WEEK!!!!!!

ok as a side note is any one else having a problem trying to access the main WDWMAGIC page?? Its my home page and I keep getting an error when I go to it....I'm kinda having withdrawals over here!!!

Upvote 0

Bernadette1977

11 more days! Someone mentioned shipping luggage... what a fantastic idea. To have it down there waiting for you! Is this expensive?
I've not been able to make ADR's at any of our usual haunts, but that's ok. I don't think anything short of a hurricane could bother me now. :lol:

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

11 more days! Someone mentioned shipping luggage... what a fantastic idea. To have it down there waiting for you! Is this expensive?
I've not been able to make ADR's at any of our usual haunts, but that's ok. I don't think anything short of a hurricane could bother me now. :lol:
We ship it Fed-Ex and pick it up at the Contemporary, there is a Fed-Ex office in the convention center. The isn't bad if you do it a week in advance, the closer you get to your checkin day the higher rates. We just love the convenience of avoiding checking luggage with our 3 kiddos in the airport...so worth it!! This is our 2nd trip in a row doing it.

2 sleeps at home before sleeping in Disney!! Woohoo!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

PeoplemoverTTA

I've been annoying my coworkers since I booked my trip 367 days ago; however, today I took it to another level when I could finally say:

"I'm going to Disney World...NEXT WEEK!"

I leave next Friday :D

I spent a few years going 3-4 times per year as an AP, but this is my first big trip in nearly 4 years, so I'm going all out, uber-excited, can't contain myself. Plus, it's been a hard few months, so I'm gonna just let loose and enjoy this, because i can :)

Upvote 0

Bernadette1977

What a great idea! Can packages be shipped directly to the resort where you're staying?

We ship it Fed-Ex and pick it up at the Contemporary, there is a Fed-Ex office in the convention center. The isn't bad if you do it a week in advance, the closer you get to your checkin day the higher rates. We just love the convenience of avoiding checking luggage with our 3 kiddos in the airport...so worth it!! This is our 2nd trip in a row doing it.

2 sleeps at home before sleeping in Disney!! Woohoo!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Single digit dance day!! DH could only shake his head at me this morning as I danced around the bedroom getting dressed!! WOO HOO 9 more days and 7 working days!!!

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

I've been annoying my coworkers since I booked my trip 367 days ago; however, today I took it to another level when I could finally say:

I spent a few years going 3-4 times per year as an AP, but this is my first big trip in nearly 4 years, so I'm going all out, uber-excited, can't contain myself. Plus, it's been a hard few months, so I'm gonna just let loose and enjoy this, because i can :)

Hope you have a awesome trip...and make sure today you do the single digit dance in the office...they will love it! We leave next Friday also...my boss is already in panic mode that we will be gone for 6 days....he will just have to get over it!! :lookaroun :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Blueskyze

14 days and we will be walking right down the middle of main street USA.. and my 3 youngest kiddos will finally meet Mickey Mouse. This is a dream coming true for me! To anyone who will be there at the same time:
If ya see this teen:
IMG_8189.jpg

wandering around in Disney from the 19-29th.. say hi.. Name is Noah and he will be celebrating his 17th birthday so maybe throw him a Happy Birthday too..and yes.. he picked that backpack..and yes he has green hair!

We'll be there at the same time (20-27), and I'm also celebrating my birthday! What day is Noah's? I hope he has an awesome day!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

We leave tomorrow morning!!!!!! Cannot believe this trip is here already, going crazy here. Definitely have ants in my pants and butterflies in my stomach!

Upvote 0

bow0303

Very excited for you. We leave next friday as well. I too have been talking about it with my coworkers since before we even booked. They will ask me once a week and I promptly pull out my phone and pull up the disney countdown app. :)

Upvote 0

bow0303

Have a blast. We had all of our ADRs reserved and just waiting to be ready to pack. But my mother-in-law got so excited hearing us prepare that she decided she wanted to go now. So she booked her trip. We are now having to change all of our ADRs to accomodate an extra person. We have 2 more and the dessert party left. Crossing my fingers that we either find them or able to get a walk up. ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom