ASJHLJ's (George"s) spring break 2011 trip report

Our Spring Break 2011 Trip Report

So….I’m not very good at doing trip reports. This will be my 3rd out of ten or so opportunities since discovering magic. A 300 batting average gets you into the baseball hall, but it’s not the best for sharing with all the wonderful people in the Disney online universe. However, I’m doing one now. Part of the issue is that I enjoy reading others trip reports, but when I write, I have issues with the simple temporally linear format employed by everyone else. Thus, I’m going to try something different that won’t work at all, but it makes it possible for me to write a report since I can meander a bit. I will label the sections so my organizationally deficient methodology may at least be somewhat understandable. Without further ado –

The Travelers – Me (George), my better half (Cindy), the boy (Alec), and our girly girl (Hannah).

The dates – 3/31 – We depart north central Indiana after the kids get out of school. 4/1 – We arrive in Orlando in the evening. 4/2 – Take it easy, spend a few hours at DAK. 4/3 – Islands of Adventure. 4/4 – EPCOT, F&G, MIL and FIL join us. 4/5 – Relax. Joined by MIL, FIL, sister, and BIL. 4/6 – MK. 4/7 – DAK. 4/8 – Studios/EPCOT, Relax, swim. 4/9 – MK. 4/10 – Depart.

Pictures will occasionally appear in the text to emphasize a point and the bulk will follow all the wordy words.

For dramatic effect - bathing suit pics will be included and there will be a bit of full rear nudity.

We use photopass and Cindy usually has the camera, so there aren't any pics of her included, since this report will have no professional PP pics. There were some really nice pics of Cindy and her friend, but I'm not sure if her friend would approve of being on the interwebz, so I didn't include them. But, I really do have a wife. Several people can confirm this.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you all! :sohappy:

All that was missing was me! I couldn't get up I-85 because of a dihydrogen monoxide spill. I hear those are EXTREMELY dangerous....right George?? :lookaroun:zipit:

I can definitely vouch for George's pork tenderloin! :slurp: YUMMY does not even begin to explain it!

Great report George. Bout time! :lol: :sohappy:

Thanks Heidi. So, I'm a physical chemist right? When Heidi called and told me of the dihydrogen monoxide spill my brain put an extra atom in the molecule and changed the structure, so she completely got me. I mean completely. When I realized what I had done, Cindy saw my face turn 98 different shades of red. Actually, telling Cindy (an analytical chemist) what happened was the worst part. I realize now that it was karmic revenge for giving Heidi a hard time about the fruit juice in the chocolate milk at Crystal Palace.

For the record in my mind I added a carbon making it CH2O which is formaldehyde.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
Also, I believe the Philhar FP's are a random bonus tossed out to get people into the show. Not sure why they're so hard up for viewers, but that's the word on the street.

It sounds like the streets you hang out on rival mine for nerdiness. :lookaroun Anyhoo, you remind me of an anecdote I forgot. When my family was using one of no less than 4 sets of FP's that we "won" for Philharmagic the row we chose had a Huge family reunion group (say 20 people). They were all wearing matching red t-shirts. My family broke up the group. They were quite upset about this. So, we moved and let the two people on our right wearing the t-shirts sit next to the rest of the group. However, there were no less than 5 more people (my family is but 4) who weren't wearing t-shirts and were part of the group. After they angrily chided us (I mean they were angry. Sitting together in a giant line was VERY important to this family), we moved but I did not let the last person take my seat. The man glared at me (he outweighed me by a good 50 pounds) and said, "It doesn't take a Ph.D. in physics to let a group sit together!" I stared at him and didn't say anything. He decided to relocate. Alec asked me a battery of questions about why the group was behaving like that and I couldn't answer. :lol:

HollyBelle

Great report! I enjoyed your collection of thoughts and the way they were presented. I have to agree with you fully on Olivander's, and every other shop at WWoHP. While they're amazing, they're simply too small. And I second Dinosaur as a super attraction. Best pre-show, hands down!

Thanks for sharing!

TwoTigersMom

Great trip report... and memories of laughter and Big FOs. Love it.

And Heidi... I can't believe you survived a direct encounter with dihydrogen monoxide! The Horrors! :lookaroun

I know, right?? I might have melted into thin air! :lookaroun

Thank you all! :sohappy:

Thanks Heidi. So, I'm a physical chemist right? When Heidi called and told me of the dihydrogen monoxide spill my brain put an extra atom in the molecule and changed the structure, so she completely got me. I mean completely. When I realized what I had done, Cindy saw my face turn 98 different shades of red. Actually, telling Cindy (an analytical chemist) what happened was the worst part. I realize now that it was karmic revenge for giving Heidi a hard time about the fruit juice in the chocolate milk at Crystal Palace.

For the record in my mind I added a carbon making it CH2O which is formaldehyde.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL: Yep, karmic revenge for the fruit juice/chocolate milk thingy as well as doing my part out to stick up for poor Cindy who not only had to wear a mildewed shirt, but had to listen to you tease her about it to boot. Not to mention that you actually were the cause of the mildewed shirt :lol:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
Great report! I enjoyed your collection of thoughts and the way they were presented. I have to agree with you fully on Olivander's, and every other shop at WWoHP. While they're amazing, they're simply too small. And I second Dinosaur as a super attraction. Best pre-show, hands down!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks. I've looked in your reports, but they kind of scare me. My 5 year old is already dreaming of a WDW wedding and my guess is that it costs somewhere between 87 bajillion and 88.5 bajillion dollars depending on if you number of guests and type of cake. :lookaroun

fractal said:
Love the report! It's at least 18.32% better than the average TR.

- and I totally agree with you on Dinosaur.

:lol: Thanks. I'm totally digging all the Dinosaur love.

Yanks07 said:
Nice trip report George! What a great lookin family you have, Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Mike.

I will refrain commenting on the sugar, witch, chains discussion. Sometimes, silence is golden.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Plus, an incredibly obese woman commented to her husband that she would like to mug me and grab my delicious, German meat tubes.

Late to the party here... and still reading. But so far this is the best TR ever (EVAR!)... based alone on this above quote. :king:

I LOL'd for real at work... and got awkward stares from my co-workers. :lol: Eff them... they dont appreciate humor. :shrug: :lookaroun

*continues reading*

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
annnnnnnnnd done!

(no it didnt take me that long to read... stupid work kept getting in the way)

*golf claps*

Well done! Great TR... pics are good... and the lols were better. :D

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
Late to the party here... and still reading. But so far this is the best TR ever (EVAR!)... based alone on this above quote. :king:

I LOL'd for real at work... and got awkward stares from my co-workers. :lol: Eff them... they dont appreciate humor. :shrug: :lookaroun

*continues reading*

DMC-12 said:
annnnnnnnnd done!

(no it didnt take me that long to read... stupid work kept getting in the way)

*golf claps*

Well done! Great TR... pics are good... and the lols were better.

Thanks. This means a lot coming from someone whom I consider very funny.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom