Are you 23?

WDW1974

A lot of blather and 'LE' merchandise and no substance ...

I guess they feel they know the fanboi market.

I'll pass ...

TP2000

What a stupid gimmick this D23 thing has turned out to be. :eek:

A geeky fan club where Disney charges you 75 bucks for the following priveleges:

• An artsy-fartsy version of Disney Magazine.
  • A "chance" to buy overpriced generic collectibles that will gather dust on a shelf.
  • A slight discount on tickets to a nerd convention in Anaheim where you can buy more overpriced generic collectibles.

Uh, no thanks. I can get all the same stuff just by doing some free Google searches, going to Disneyland's Disneyana Shop on Main Street, or buying something on Ebay. And I'm a Disney nerd for free. I've never needed to buy tickets for that.

Something tells me this D23 thing is going to go the way of the Disney Yearbook "collectible". :lol:

WDW1974

What a stupid gimmick this D23 thing has turned out to be. :eek:

A geeky fan club where Disney charges you 75 bucks for the following priveleges:

• An artsy-fartsy version of Disney Magazine.
  • A "chance" to buy overpriced generic collectibles that will gather dust on a shelf.
  • A slight discount on tickets to a nerd convention in Anaheim where you can buy more overpriced generic collectibles.
Uh, no thanks. I can get all the same stuff just by doing some free Google searches, going to Disneyland's Disneyana Shop on Main Street, or buying something on Ebay. And I'm a Disney nerd for free. I've never needed to buy tickets for that.

Something tells me this D23 thing is going to go the way of the Disney Yearbook "collectible". :lol:

Great analogy ...

They don't get why people are fans to begin with, largely. And it shows!

lindsey206

I think D23 is fantastic!

I think everything about D23 is brilliant! From the sentimental letter (i.e.,this club is for anyone that finds themselves wishing on stars) from the editor in the magazine to the excluxive merchandise and expo. Anyone that is a TRUE Disney lover is in heaven right now! I can't wait to convince my husband to take me to the expo! :):)

Disney_Freak429

A lot of blather and 'LE' merchandise and no substance ...

I guess they feel they know the fanboi market.

I'll pass ...

Noted none of it is actually "LE" yet. You just can't buy any of it unless your a member or happen to wait for it to show on ebay.

Also Disney Shopping is back up ;)

EPCOT Explorer

I think everything about D23 is brilliant! From the sentimental letter (i.e.,this club is for anyone that finds themselves wishing on stars) from the editor in the magazine to the excluxive merchandise and expo. Anyone that is a TRUE Disney lover is in heaven right now! I can't wait to convince my husband to take me to the expo! :):)

:brick::brick:

I knew it would come to EXACTLY this. So I guess I'm not a true Disney fan now.:rolleyes:

jakeman

I knew it would come to EXACTLY this. So I guess I'm not a true Disney fan now.:rolleyes:
Oh no, we all know that true fans berate the product every chance they get under the guise of "caring".

If you actually like something that Disney does, then you are "high on pixie dust".:rolleyes:

GymLeaderPhil

From the sentimental letter (i.e.,this club is for anyone that finds themselves wishing on stars)... Anyone that is a TRUE Disney lover is in heaven right now!
http://wikiatic.com/wikisearch/sear...e my husband to take me to the expo! [/quote]:hurl:

When I was seven years old I became a member of the OFFICIAL Power Rangers Fan Club for $5.

• Official Certification Certificate.
  • Junior Power Ranger Identification Card.
  • VHS Tape and Special Newsletter.
  • Six Power Ranger Dollars (towards more merch.)
Man. This sounds familiar.

For $75 dollars I expect an autographed 8x10 of Robert Iger giving me the middle finger while in a pool full of money. Not the satisfaction that I'm part of an elite cult of TRUE Disney lovers who "wish upon a star" and probably purchase ShamWows at 2am on QVC.

Wilt Dasney

First post. :lookaroun

003%20Structure%20of%20a%20plant.jpg

maggiegrace1

:hurl:

When I was seven years old I became a member of the OFFICIAL Power Rangers Fan Club for $5.

For $75 dollars I expect an autographed 8x10 of Robert Iger giving me the middle finger while in a pool full of money. Not the satisfaction that I'm part of an elite cult of TRUE Disney lovers who "wish upon a star" and probably purchase ShamWow's at 2am on QVC.
I prefer Slap Chop...:D:D:sohappy:

:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Oh no, we all know that true fans berate the product every chance they get under the guise of "caring".

If you actually like something that Disney does, then you are "high on pixie dust".:rolleyes:
Not at all!

I just dislike the fact that people feel "elite" with this. A true Disney Fan is happy to pay more money?

No, a true Disney fan loves the parks, the movies and the history behind it. Not just paying into a club.:shrug:

Just the way I see it.
http://wikiatic.com/wikisearch/sear...e my husband to take me to the expo! [/quote]:hurl:

For $75 dollars I expect an autographed 8x10 of Robert Iger giving me the middle finger while in a pool full of money. Not the satisfaction that I'm part of an elite cult of TRUE Disney lovers who "wish upon a star" and probably purchase ShamWow's at 2am on QVC.

:sohappy:

Exactly. Remember the Magic Kingdom Club?

jakeman

I prefer Slap Chop...:D:D:sohappy:

:lol:
He is nowhere near as excited about the Slap Chop as he is about the Shamwows.

Funny side note, I bought a Slap Chop at Williams-Sonoma before they were Slap Chops. Paid way too much for it since it was a "professional" kitchen tool. There was only one Tool in that store that day.

jakeman

Not at all!

I just dislike the fact that people feel "elite" with this. A true Disney Fan is happy to pay more money?

No, a true Disney fan loves the parks, the movies and the history behind it. Not just paying into a club.:shrug:

Just the way I see it.
Why does the way other people feel affect you? If they get their jollies off of ponying up money, then so be it.

EPCOT Explorer

He is nowhere near as excited about the Slap Chop as he is about the Shamwows.

Funny side note, I bought a Slap Chop at Williams-Sonoma before they were Slap Chops. Paid way too much for it since it was a "professional" kitchen tool. There was only one Tool in that store that day.

:lol::lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom