Are you 23?

WDWFigment

I wonder if you can use the disney visa discount it is 15 percent off disney shopping this month.

I already tried, you can't. I'm not sure if we'll be joining at this price. Seems like the money would be better spent elsewhere.

We want Disney to cater more to hardcore fans, and they answer by selling us into an "exclusive" fanclub. Not quite what I was hoping for, but it's what I expected.

Phonedave

WhatJaneSays

All things considered $75 isn't a bad price, especially including 4 issues of the magazine (that's $68 of the price right there). I was likely to splurge and get the magazine anyway so I might just join up.

To bad the "Expo" is out in California. If it was around ComicCon time I might have gone.

Matpez

How about this...

Is the D23 Web site for D23 members only?

No. All Disney fans have access to Disney.com/D23, but only D23 Members can access member-exclusive merchandise and special event opportunities.

hbkrocco1

D23 Expo
What is the D23 Expo?

It's the ultimate Disney fan experience, taking place at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California (across the street from Disneyland), September 10-13, 2009. This four-day can't-miss event will feature incredible speakers, celebrity appearances, breathtaking exhibitions, sneak peeks, film screenings, one-of-a-kind merchandise, and so much more! There will be something for children of all ages, fans, the whole family, and friends.
When will tickets go on sale for the Expo?

Tickets will go on sale this spring. Check the D23 Web site for more information. Members will be alerted the day tickets go on sale.
How much will the Expo cost?

General Admission:
Adult 1-day $37
Child 1-day $27
Child 4-day $81 (4th day free)

D23 Member Admission (D23 members may purchase up to four discounted tickets per membership):
Adult 1-day $30
Adult 4-day $90 (4th day free)
Child 1-day $22
Child 4-day $66 (4th day free)

Phonedave

I already tried, you can't. I'm not sure if we'll be joining at this price. Seems like the money would be better spent elsewhere.

We want Disney to cater more to hardcore fans, and they answer by selling us into an "exclusive" fanclub. Not quite what I was hoping for, but it's what I expected.

I am debating it. Most likely I will pull the trigger.

As somone else said, I would have bought the quarterly mags anyway.

So at 4*16 = $64 thats really only an $11 up charge for the membership.

-dave

hbkrocco1

I would wait a month at least because I feel that the Disney Visa card will give us a discount soon. That's what they did with the Yearbook a month after it came out.

WDWFigment

I am debating it. Most likely I will pull the trigger.

As somone else said, I would have bought the quarterly mags anyway.

So at 4*16 = $64 thats really only an $11 up charge for the membership.

-dave

I really do want the magazines, too. The problem is (even though I've read great things about their quality) that I don't consider any magazine to be worth $16, so it's not $75 - (16 * 4) for me. I'd probably pay $7-10 for each magazine, so it's $75 - (8.5 * 4). I'm not sure membership is worth $41 to me. Too bad that coupon doesn't work! :lol:

imamouse

From the D23 membership link:

"Join by December 31, 2009 to be a D23 Charter Member"

*waits to see if worth it - especially if the only expo/fan event in 2009 is in Anaheim*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom