Are you 23?

jakeman

Disney claims to be reaching out to the fans with this program/club, but it ironically does not satisfy anything of the numerous complaints fans have specifically stated disliking about TWDC or wanting them to do something about.
As I stated before, perhaps the fans that are here are more trouble than their worth and don't make up enough of a percentage to be considered.

I know no one wants to think about that, but it has to be consider. Maybe we just aren't that important.

EPCOT Explorer

As I stated before, perhaps the fans that are here are more trouble than their worth and don't make up enough of a percentage to be considered.

I know no one wants to think about that, but it has to be consider. Maybe we just aren't that important.

DL's Fanbase is quite influential, why can't we be?:shrug:

Also, if we were not THAT important, why would Disney even attempt to make a Fanclub?

jt04

Your not, its only the folding stuff you have access to thats of interest, no mater how insignificant. Thats how how it works in a capitalist economy I believe.

As opposed to collectivism where the individual is paramount........oh wait. Nevermind.

~feel like a number~

jakeman

DL's Fanbase is quite influential, why can't we be?:shrug:

Also, if we were not THAT important, why would Disney even attempt to make a Fanclub?
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't a WDW fan club. It is a Disney company fan club. To assume that D23 is supposed to be for, or cure what ails WDW is highly suspect.

Your not, its only the folding stuff you have access to thats of interest, no mater how insignificant. Thats how how it works in a capitalist economy I believe.
That's what I meant. You just put a little finer point on it for me.

EPCOT Explorer

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't a WDW fan club. It is a Disney company fan club. To assume that D23 is supposed to be for, or cure what ails WDW is highly suspect.

Same thing in my eyes. This is them reaching out to ALL fans.

It's just a Merch Club.:shrug:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Which is ultimately why this sort of thing will always be down to the individual and their value systems. In this case this offers nothing of interest that I cant find for free elsewhere. And besides Im already in the ultimate Disney World cash drain fan club and thats burnt me for the next 40 odd years :drevil:

jt04

Same thing in my eyes. This is them reaching out to ALL fans.

It's just a Merch Club.:shrug:

I have this feeling that in a year or so people might be asking themselves, "oh man, why didn't we become charter members, this is so much more than a merchandise club and those charter members get all the best benefits"?

jakeman

Which is ultimately why this sort of thing will always be down to the individual and their value systems. In this case this offers nothing of interest that I cant find for free elsewhere. And besides Im already in the ultimate Disney World cash drain fan club and thats burnt me for the next 40 odd years :drevil:
I can definitely understand that. I bought that sovenier also.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I have this feeling that in a year or so people might be asking themselves, "oh man, why didn't we become charter members, this is so much more than a merchandise club and those charter members get all the best benefits"?

Do you know I have a pin somewhere that says Im an inaugural member, cant remember what of but it says Disney, and it folded before all the benefits came to fruition :animwink:

Not Im not saying anything but...............................................

krankenstein

I have a feeling I won't. :lol:

I'm perfectly happy with my AP, WDWMagic and my podcasts.

Now, if they started given D23 members extra magic hours or their own gate at each of the parks, I would change my mind.

EPCOT Explorer

I hope not...Disney should tell us what's going on. If there are more benefits, that make it WORTH the 75 bucks, I'm down.

jt04

I hope not...Disney should tell us what's going on. If there are more benefits, that make it WORTH the 75 bucks, I'm down.

Well I think they will have to offer more because they will want to keep people hooked. I think it will evolve into other features just like the theme parks. And it's quite possible that charter members will be at the front of the queue for those perks. Kinda like AP renewals are cheaper than buying an AP on the spot.

I think travel, entertainment and other discounts may be a part of membership in the long term. Also I would think you will someday earn "points" on purchases like many credit cards have. Just speculating though.

jt04

I have a feeling I won't. :lol:

I'm perfectly happy with my AP, WDWMagic and my podcasts.

Now, if they started given D23 members extra magic hours or their own gate at each of the parks, I would change my mind.

I like the D23 gate idea. And of course a D23 lounge with free snacks at each park seems in order.

EPCOT Explorer

Well I think they will have to offer more because they will want to keep people hooked. I think it will evolve into other features just like the theme parks. And it's quite possible that charter members will be at the front of the queue for those perks. Kinda like AP renewals are cheaper than buying an AP on the spot.

I think travel, entertainment and other discounts may be a part of membership in the long term. Also I would think you will someday earn "points" on purchases like many credit cards have. Just speculating though.

I think they are doing this the wrong way, then...Let us know now, let us see what they TRULY want D23 to be. Honsetly, if they were to make it worth the 75$ and I really wanted to join, I would be thrilled.

Animaniac93-98

Just speculating though.

And that's all it is unfortunately. Disney can't even be bothered to tell us what the membership sculpture is, never mind what might be offered later if the concept works. This club has had enough secrecy followed by let down as it is, it doesn't need more.

It's almost as if Disney isn't even sure what they want to offer us. If that's the case, why bother starting now? Why not wait until you see what potential experiments with polls, surveys and experiments might bring? Hell, at least the they might start listening to us.

jt04

And that's all it is unfortunately. Disney can't even be bothered to tell us what the membership sculpture is, never mind what might be offered later if the concept works. This club has had enough secrecy followed by let down as it is, it doesn't need more.

It's almost as if Disney isn't even sure what they want to offer us. If that's the case, why bother starting now? Why not wait until you see what potential experiments with polls, surveys and experiments might bring? Hell, at least the they might start listening to us.

What better place than this to express what you would like to see from the club.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No

Who said it was a sculpture?

From the list of membership benefits:

Surprise Collectible Gift: A collectible just for D23 members. You'll receive a gift you'll cherish from the new Walt Disney Archives Collection.

If you look at the picture of the D23 display at One Man's Dream posted by EpcotServo:

RandomMar2%20115.jpg

The case with pins in it says "Walt Disney Archives", it's conceivable that the "collectible" will be a pin or pins...

SoccerMickey

What better place than this to express what you would like to see from the club.

For starters, I would like to have more a feeling of a club. For starters, when you pay the membership is it for an individual, or a family? So if we decide to go to the Expo, do I get the discounted tickets and not my partner, or do we both get the discount?

Besides the discount and a magazine subscription, what else do we get for $75?

Also, the website seems to be for public viewing, which is fine, but where is the member login, or content on the website that is exclusive for members? And what kind of content would that be?

It seems like everything is geared toward Disneyland and California residents. The first event is in Disneyland, the EXPO is across the street from Disneyland, and the screening for Up is in L.A. What about the rest of the country?

If there are benefits for Charter Members, why wait so long to announce them? I agree with most of the posters on this board that this is a disappointment but I am keeping optimistic that good things are to come. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If there are benefits for Charter Members, why wait so long to announce them? I agree with most of the posters on this board that this is a disappointment but I am keeping optimistic that good things are to come. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
From the Terms & Conditions:

"If you enroll in the Program before December 31, 2009, you will be enrolled as a D23 Charter member and may receive additional benefits available only to Charter members (the "Charter" year of the Program is the calendar year 2009)."

Perhaps they won't announce any specific "Charter Member" benefits until it's too late to join to get them. Then it's a reward for demonstrating faith.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom