Are you 23?

imamouse

I have some information I can share with everyone. From what I have been told this is going to be an on-line fan community. I really don't have many details but it seems that Disney is trying to make one central location for all of the Disney fans to come together. From the sound of it they are going after us directly, the Disney internet fans who really have very little use for Disney.com as it is today. I don't have many details beyond that except that the 23 simply refers to the year The Walt Disney Company was founded 1923. On March 10th the full details will be revealed.

Thanks for sharing this :wave:.

puntagordabob

Cool...another place I can post on occasion that they Please consider bringing the DL version of The Enchanted Tiki Room to WDW-MK :)

Hopefully their intent is to expand our interaction with Disney, and not a plan to curtail the popularity of sites like WDWMagic over time.

Kamikaze

Does this mean 23=a semi-replacement for VMK (without the non-disney enthusiasts)?

Not really. It isn't an online game.
Think about his post this way: They keep their online communities limited to a certain format (the mom's panel, for instance) so that they can limit how much work they have to do as well as limit the things that happen there.
While '23' probably has an online component, it isn't online only.

Rosso11

While '23' probably has an online component, it isn't online only.

Yeah I'm pretty sure your right. The online part is only a piece of "23" Unfortunatly I was only given some information about this part of it. The person I talked to about 23 seemed very excited about it but unfortunately kept the details pretty vague.

Chroniq

Heres some good information.....

These are the websites that Disney has registered regarding D23

d23expo.com
disneyexpo.com
disneystwentythree.com
disneystwenty-three.com

These were registered on 10/23/08..
So a club plus an expo/convention?

Disneyson 1

A... Disney expo? Not unlike the one that I saw in New York for science week? When they brought Lucky out for Meet n' Greet? Hmm... sounds like a larger version of this...

Chroniq

Some more information

Disney filed for two trademarks in late March 2008
The are "D23" and "Disney Twenty Three"

They filed a number of numerous classes of trademarks for general merchandise. (clothes, pins, etc.).The last filing though is the most interesting..

"Word Mark D23
Goods and Services IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Education and entertainment services, namely, providing information in the field of children's entertainment, theme park service, animated and live-action films and television programs, books, magazines, music and music performers, ice shows, stage productions, consumer products history, history and news concerning the entertainment business; fan club services; providing information via global computer network in the field of entertainment and history; fan club services; providing information via global computer network in the field of entertainment and history"

This was the last one posted for opposition on February 10.... Also I could not find another trade mark filing where Disney as a company filed under this Goods and Services heading.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Wow. Kinda surprised they left an image like that in a place where it could be found early though...

That's how corporations "leak" information. That way they get more "buzz" going right before the "major" announcement,
without coming right out and telling EVERYBODY.

Chroniq

I doubt Disney wanted us to find out....

I found the registered websites using dailychanges.com . I essentially had to look at every single day one at a time to find changes in the dig.com (disney interactive group) name servers.

Also the trademark for D23 listing a fan club was "published for protest" at the last possible date (February 10). Since trademarks have a 30 day open dispute.

The pin image was found by a contributor to dizpins.com. They essentially find these images by randomly putting in number sequences to find unannounced pins.

My research took a couple hours, I couldn't even speculate if they don't have an automated script how long it took to find those d23 pins.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom