Appalling state of the monorail cabins

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
Dave, you're right that a lot of things are on the guests, but what isn't are the things like the rust and chipped paint from wear that is on the interiors that I've seen in person. There is no doubt that people are rather disgusting compared to the past with a lack of decorum, but it's hard to honestly tell how much worse than in the past because Disney did such a outstanding job of cleaning and maintaining everything on a daily basis.
That really is the point. Yes guests can be animals, but that is no excuse for leaving the monorails to rot. If things are maintained properly guest behavior can be controlled and their impact negated.

PeterAlt

Tokyo Disney monorail:

2005%2008%2002%20Inside%20Tokyo%20Disneyland%20Monorail.JPG

gallery003.jpg

Disney World used to look like that. The 'Disney' in the name didn't denote cartoon franchises, but a place where everything was spotless, freshly painted, friendly and reassuring.
While I understand that in 2013 East Asia is First World and America is Third World, UNI still manages to have spotless transportation systems. Shiny and clean:

dscn5277.jpg
Okay, you talked me into it! I'm moving to Asia! Lol

bethymouse

It has been a very rainy season. The crowds are just outrageous! I'm not making excuses for Disney, but it has to be very difficult maintaining those things. Still, Disney needs to repaint, patch, do whatever it takes to make it look better!:arghh:

ParentsOf4

Your observations are spot on, but... how good does the inside of your 25 year old, constantly used for public transportation, car look?
You mean how does public transportation that is subsidized by my tax dollars compare to private transportation provided by a "world-class" vacation destination charging hundreds of dollars per night for hotel rooms with billions of dollars of annual profit compare? :D

It's all relative. :)

PeterAlt

If that were the case the new trains would have been purchased years ago.
It takes that long to get them on line? If Disney did place a purchase order for new trains years ago, I don't think there's a regulation in place that would require them to disclose this. So, who knows...

WDW1974

It's sorta cathartic on some level when you realize that a great portion of the fan community has awakened from its Pixie Dusted stupor and finally sees what you've been seeing since the late 90s.

On the other hand, it's also sad because few will do what is needed, which is embarass the company (preferably through real media, but also social media) and contact execs and do not accept a simple phone call back from a trained monkey named 'Joan' ... but keep pushing the issue (s).

WDW is simply run like the only thing that matters is getting every penny out of every guest by doing the very least possible to take it.

Oh, and before some naive spirit says 'Just don't go. Show them with your wallet!' let me explain that Disney doesn't want any guest who might notice or have an issue with the condition of the trains. They'd much rather exchange you for yet another Honey Boo Boo type. Your money means nothing. A movement and going after their image in the media, that they care about. That will get their attention.

The problem is the people running the parks and the company are not worthy. As we mourn the loss of Walt's daughter, that should hit home. Iger and his trained monkeys are not worthy of the titles nor the salaries they command.

I just sit back and think George Kalogridis is President of WDW?!??! Such an absolutely unremarkable individual. And he's far better than many others ...

WDW1974

It has been a very rainy season. The crowds are just outrageous! I'm not making excuses for Disney, but it has to be very difficult maintaining those things. Still, Disney needs to repaint, patch, do whatever it takes to make it look better!:arghh:

You ARE making excuses. That may not be your intent, but you are just the same.

There is no excuse, no explanation, no feel good reason that fans can cloak themselves in. Disney delivers a crappy product in Orlando because its leaders choose to.

Maintaining anything is tough when you let things go for years or decades ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom