Appalling state of the monorail cabins

rudyjr13

I would like to send an email to the person in charge of Transportation at WDW. Anyone have the appropriate email address?

Soarin' Over Pgh

Heh...food never really was a big issue. Neither were diapers (though, pull ups were a bane in the tubes, because...well, lets just say they don't contain solid waste very well and kids crawl through the tubes in one of a few ways...some crawl, some run in a squat, and others scoot on the butts. Use your imagination).

Sickness happened, but also rather rare.

No, you don't want to know what I (or people who have worked for me) have found in them, but I will say this, in stores I ran I was obsessive for a reason about the tubes being cleaned every half hour during peak, and at least once a shift during non-peak...and the pit being cleaned out twice daily, and the balls swapped and sanitized once a week (after the weekend rush). Things I've found are far worse than anything you've mentioned. I will spare you the details and just say...

There are reasons we decided to remove them altogether...and you didn't list any of them. :p

Its cockroaches, isn't it?

asianway

Are you saying the monorail is eventually going away or maybe just run between monorail resorts only to parks?
I am confident one day the MK monorail loop will be removed. No current inside knowledge but building extended bus stops at the MK is one more step in that direction. Maybe we will get Mark VIII trains one day, but if we do, dont expect a IX unless WDPR gets bought out by OLC or someone who actually gives a damn.

willtravel

I am confident one day the MK monorail loop will be removed. No current inside knowledge but building extended bus stops at the MK is one more step in that direction. Maybe we will get Mark VIII trains one day, but if we do, dont expect a IX unless WDPR gets bought out by OLC or someone who actually gives a damn.
That saddens me. To me, the monorail is like TTA. I enjoy just riding . Part of vaca at WDW..

asianway

That saddens me. To me, the monorail is like TTA. I enjoy just riding . Part of vaca at WDW..
I am very hopeful I am wrong, but to me the signs are there. Like the nonsense that closed the subs, Horizons, PI...close a high maintenance operationally challenging operation.

PMC0849

Meh, it's not that bad; no worse than the New York subway. Still I have to imagine a refurbishment is coming soon.

Bairstow

I wouldn't consider the bus depot expansion as evidence that Disney is cooling on the monorails. The previous MK transportation situation, with the monorails and boats, was utterly insufficient.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia

I hate to say it, but I've also thought this for awhile myself. Eventually there will come a time when the cost to maintain the aging system will become too high for TDO's liking and it will be cheaper to just get rid of it. I still think we're a long way from that, but I'd be surprised if it's still there in another 20 years. I hope I'm wrong.

sweetpee_1993

I hate to say it, but I've also thought this for awhile myself. Eventually there will come a time when the cost to maintain the aging system will become too high for TDO's liking and it will be cheaper to just get rid of it. I still think we're a long way from that, but I'd be surprised if it's still there in another 20 years. I hope I'm wrong.

Yep. The original beams will not last forever. At some point all those beams will need replacing...nevermind the troubling condition of the current fleet. I don't really see TDO being commited enough to replacing beams along the original loop...much less the Epcot line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom