AP Rates!!

Pecos Bill1201

Has anyone else read the article on Mousesavers.com?? The operator says that there is a possability that they are phasing out room only reservation discounts in exchange for huge discounts on packages? Now I know that the mouse will not completely do this but what do you think this is spelling for the future? Any connection to "Magical Gatherings"? Since most large groups will naturaly buy packages? When are those rates coming out? I heard a rumor on another thread of 8/17? Any conformation?:veryconfu

I think they are just trying to "throw us a bone" by saying yes, we had AP rates but only had a couple of rooms available for the discount. When my wife called early this morning, after waiting an hour, the nice lady said they had already had over 400 calls, and the rooms were already gone.:hammer:

Upvote 0

tiggerlover1971

I can believe it I was one of those people waiting a hour also :hammer: I got a different room like I said instead of King I now have a standard with doubles but who cares I am saving money and the only place in December left was All star sports ( we wanted movies) oh well beggars cant be choosers right

Upvote 0

tigger1968

Just got AKL SAVANNAH view for 10/19-10/25 for $1198 (tax included)! That's $199.59/night. Was told rack rate would have been $315 plus tax! WOOOO HOOOO!:sohappy: :sohappy:

FYI They were showing NO availability for any other premium resort for that time period! Or for Dixie Landings.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

Geez...I wanna start packing already!

Upvote 0
UPDATE UPDATE Wife just called again and talked with a very nice lady and got rooms at CBR for same length of stay and it was $200 cheaper than the All Stars. YOOHOO:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

It was the only moderate with AP rates left during our time of stay.

Upvote 0

spr0m

Got 2 rooms at Animal Kingdom lodge for 171.50 each including tax savanha view !!
Dec 5-7 then off to DVC at OKW for the rest of the stay..

I went through the Disney club line and got through in 8 mins. The CM said they were mobbed today and it's only 10 AM EST

I hope someone in marketing notes this and make discounts available more often

Thanks Matt for the heads up!!! My kids & Grandma are going to love it

RJM
Princeton NJ

Upvote 0

Sally_doll

We missed it. I called by 9:30 and by then everything was gone:cry: but luckily i did take advantage of the deal for canadians a few months ago and i will hope that there might be a few cancelations down the road.

Upvote 0

BitO'PixieDust

I finally got through to talk to a CM! I started calling at 6 am CST and was on hold for half an hour. I had to hang up to go to work. I got on my cell phone and finally got through after 50 minutes. But the wait was worth it.

We got the Contemporary (standard room) for $179 a night 12/20-12/24 and then off to the Polynesian for $199 a night 12/24-12/28.

What a deal:animwink:

Good luck to the rest of you...

Upvote 0

Becky

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
Wife just got off the phone and they said NO more rooms left for AP discounts at the All Stars.:cry: :cry: :cry:

They went very fast, was on hold for over 1 hour, looks like we are paying full price.:cry: :cry: :cry:

Trip: Oct 4 - Oct 12

Buzz, glad you got CBR with a discount:cool:

For those who still want ALL Stars if you have AAA or CAA try their site. I was able to book Movies at AAA rate (20% off) through the AAA site after being told twice by CRO that there was no room at the Inn (Movies).:sohappy:

The confirmation number is a WDW confirmation number so I know I am In at the INN:confused:

Upvote 0

kellydisney

We're trying to decide between staying at the CBR or Pop Century. The difference in price is pretty HUGE.

CBR - $1092.92
Pop Century - $601

This is for 11 nights and also the CBR is a waterview room. I just hate the themeing of Pop Century! I currently have reservations at AS Music but they are through my travel agent... I'm wondering if you can have them keep that reservation and just change the price?? I like Music. I really wanted POR but it's sold out. Opinions on this?

I am totally psyched we got the discounts at all! :)
:sohappy:

Upvote 0
Originally posted by kellydisney
We're trying to decide between staying at the CBR or Pop Century. The difference in price is pretty HUGE.

CBR - $1092.92
Pop Century - $601

This is for 11 nights and also the CBR is a waterview room. I just hate the themeing of Pop Century! I currently have reservations at AS Music but they are through my travel agent... I'm wondering if you can have them keep that reservation and just change the price?? I like Music. I really wanted POR but it's sold out. Opinions on this?

I am totally psyched we got the discounts at all! :)
:sohappy:

When's your trip?

Upvote 0
Wow that's a big difference in price. The themeing of Pop Century doesn't scare me. What would worry me more is the fact that it is so new and will they have any bugs (not literally) to work out. Like, the bus transportation, the food court, etc....

Upvote 0

kellydisney

Yeah I didn't think of that... well we will have a rental car, bf wants one I could care less either way and we will be going out to dinner most nights and we love the sizzler breakfast so we probably won't need those amenities. It's all about the room and location. Ya know? It must feel amazing to wake up at CBR or POR because they are themed so beautiful! We've never stayed on property so it's a big deal to us this year :) I really cant' wait no matter where we stay! I just wonder if POR will open up for the rates maybe or maybe someone in a regular standard room will back out of their reservation at CBR. We'll see, I hope so!!

You must be getting excited. work today is SO HARD cuz i'm too excited!!!

Upvote 0
Work:veryconfu , ooohhh, that's right. That's the stuff I do to get a paycheck to pay for the WDW trips. I guess I better go do some of the "work" stuff you are talking about.

But seriously, I really don't think you will go wrong at any on-property resort. It just depends on your taste and budget. You'll have a great time where ever you stay.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Folks, as previously mentioned on this posting CALL As soon as possible. The dates for October are going incredibly quick!!! I had to monkey around with the dates of my trip to get into a Moderate.....any Moderate!! It was tough!!! Good luck to all!! Belle

Upvote 0

maelstrom

I had my dad call at a little past 10a, he was on hold for about 15-20 minutes.. I knew I should've gotten out of bed earlier and had him call. We asked about the Contemporary tower and she said that the rooms set aside for the AP rates were already gone. :cry: So we got our second choice, the Polynesian (she said all she had for deluxe was Poly and Wilderness Lodge). For seven nights (December 4-11) it was $1327, I believe. We requested a room on the 3rd floor in Aotearoa. I'm so happy we managed to get a room with the AP rate. When I woke up this morning and saw how many people had already called, I got very worried. So we didn't get our first choice; I'll live. I know when I was there in May and staying at the Contemporary, I wanted to stay at the Poly. The only thing that breaks my heart is that I won't have that amazing view from an 11th floor room at the Contemporary. :( Oh well, I shall live. :D I'm going to Disney World!! haha.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom