AP Rates!!

Pecos Bill1201

Has anyone else read the article on Mousesavers.com?? The operator says that there is a possability that they are phasing out room only reservation discounts in exchange for huge discounts on packages? Now I know that the mouse will not completely do this but what do you think this is spelling for the future? Any connection to "Magical Gatherings"? Since most large groups will naturaly buy packages? When are those rates coming out? I heard a rumor on another thread of 8/17? Any conformation?:veryconfu

Supermatt70

WOW!!!

I was just told about all of this stuff! I hear it was REALLY bad this morning and still right now @ DRC. Make sure you guys are nice to them! :animwink:

Rooms are REALLY going quick. If you don't get anything today, keep trying. Call back tomorrow or next week. Everything is in flux. You're gonna be on hold for a while too--so be ready for that.

I'm glad that a lot of you guys got rates/rooms for your trips. Maybe I might see some of you here! :wave:

Does this now mean that I'm getting a "rep" on my fave Disney board as a "source?" :lookaroun

It's a bad day here in my office--so I'll see you guys tomorrow.

Upvote 0

RPMdfw

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
Folks, as previously mentioned on this posting CALL As soon as possible. The dates for October are going incredibly quick!!! I had to monkey around with the dates of my trip to get into a Moderate.....any Moderate!! It was tough!!! Good luck to all!! Belle

Yep. All of the moderates and all of the All-Stars were booked over our dates when we called (about 8:30 central time). So we decided to stick to the rate we got at the Hotel Royal Plaza.

Upvote 0

RPMdfw

Originally posted by kellydisney
Yeah I didn't think of that... well we will have a rental car, bf wants one I could care less either way and we will be going out to dinner most nights and we love the sizzler breakfast so we probably won't need those amenities. It's all about the room and location. Ya know? It must feel amazing to wake up at CBR or POR because they are themed so beautiful! We've never stayed on property so it's a big deal to us this year :) I really cant' wait no matter where we stay! I just wonder if POR will open up for the rates maybe or maybe someone in a regular standard room will back out of their reservation at CBR. We'll see, I hope so!!

You must be getting excited. work today is SO HARD cuz i'm too excited!!!

You'll love CBR. We stayed there in June. And give the food court at CBR a try. We really enjoyed it. (And discoverd they serve the same Tonga Toast as the Kona Cafe at the Poly. :slurp: )

Upvote 0

disney1981

We had made resses at CBR 6 weeks ago just so we would have a room for our trip Nov. 13-22, 2003 for $1068.00 (AAA discount). We were sweating along with everyone else here and were glad to hear the news from Supermatt. I was on hold this AM for 1/2 hour til work time. I had my travel agent call and get the AP rate and now our stay will be $733.00.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

s25843

Originally posted by Supermatt70
WOW!!!

I was just told about all of this stuff! I hear it was REALLY bad this morning and still right now @ DRC. Make sure you guys are nice to them! :animwink:

Rooms are REALLY going quick. If you don't get anything today, keep trying. Call back tomorrow or next week. Everything is in flux. You're gonna be on hold for a while too--so be ready for that.

I'm glad that a lot of you guys got rates/rooms for your trips. Maybe I might see some of here! :wave:

Does this now mean that I'm getting a "rep" on my fave Disney board as a "source?" :lookaroun

Matt,
Once again

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

maelstrom

Originally posted by RPMdfw
And give the food court at CBR a try. We really enjoyed it. (And discoverd they serve the same Tonga Toast as the Kona Cafe at the Poly. :slurp: )

CBR has *the* best food court!! I wish I could take the Italian food section home with me. :slurp:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I was especially sweet to the two young ladies who helped me!!! Those poor people!! I can just imagine there will be much aspirin taking and Ice packs on foreheads this evening!!! Once again Super Matt, I thank you for all your help on this issue, You are a sweetie. And as so many of us have said, it helped just to have a firm date to bank on!!! If you are in the World Oct 24th -30th or December 3rd-10th Id love to see you there. December we are having a meet and greet from the boards, are you interested?? Let me know! Belle

Upvote 0

katiesmom

Originally posted by Supermatt70
WOW!!!

I'm glad that a lot of you guys got rates/rooms for your trips. Maybe I might see some of you here! :wave:

Are you saying that you think there may be more rooms opening for the AP discount? My husband called this morning at 6:59 am and got a cast member with no wait. He asked for the discount for our stay from Nov 4th to Nov 9th at the Yacht Club. He was told that there are no discounts available at the Yacht Club, Beach Club, and the Boardwalk for that week, because the resorts are sold out?!?! I really don't understand why that week is so busy, it seems to be off peak time to me. Any insight would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

s25843

Originally posted by katiesmom
Are you saying that you think there may be more rooms opening for the AP discount? My husband called this morning at 6:59 am and got a cast member with no wait. He asked for the discount for our stay from Nov 4th to Nov 9th at the Yacht Club. He was told that there are no discounts available at the Yacht Club, Beach Club, and the Boardwalk for that week, because the resorts are sold out?!?! I really don't understand why that week is so busy, it seems to be off peak time to me. Any insight would be appreciated.

I Spoke to an Agent tonight when I booked who explained that Oct-Nov has generally been sold out (Due to the FTP) for about a Week now, which is why they are showing no rooms for Oct-Nov

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey Katie's Mom I would suggest that you try again in a week and so on and so forth periodically. People make ressies then dont pay the deposit on them or cancel them etc. From what I can guess there are only a very limited number of rooms available at the AP rate at each resort, but keep trying or use our buddy, Kingdom Konsultant to try for you!!! She may have better luck as she would be in contact with Disney more often probably than you might have time to do!!! Good luck!! Belle

Upvote 0

Supermatt70

I'm only saying not to give up. Things are very fluid right now. As for your dates being sold out---well it is Super Soap Weekend, Food & Wine and Festival of the Masters that week. Sorry, but that's a huge week. :(

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

I called disney reservations around 6:30 pm EST trying to book 4 nites during the food an wine fest in November. Got into Coronado Springs king size for $397 for 9th-13th.

We tried getting rooms at WL for that time. Only had courtyard for 9-13. Earlier was totally sold out. We didn't try to find anything more pricey that that.

Our reservations rep told us that PO-Riverside and AKL were still open for that times.

Upvote 0

katiesmom

Thanks everyone for the good information. We will keep trying, but I'm a little discouraged right now. We set up a backup plan - the Portofino with a 50% discount. Hopefully we will be able to split our time between the Yacht Club and the Portofino, as orginally planned; but it's really hard to pay rack rates when I have a 50% discount at another hotal.

Upvote 0

s25843

Thanks everyone for the good information. We will keep trying, but I'm a little discouraged right now. We set up a backup plan - the Portofino with a 50% discount. Hopefully we will be able to split our time between the Yacht Club and the Portofino, as orginally planned; but it's really hard to pay rack rates when I have a 50% discount at another hotal.

Have you considered checking out Other Deluxe Resorts? (Ploy, GF, Contemp etc) or even the Swan/Dolphin with their AP rate that they have going on now...

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Katiesmom, if you're really trying to get in the epcot area take a look at the swan and dolphin. they aren't quite disney, but they are short walks to either boardwalk or Y&B. And for $139 its a great deal!

Upvote 0

katiesmom

Thanks for all of your suggestions... but I already tried the Swan and Dolphin, and they are completely booked for the time we are going. And we checked at for ANY AP discounts for the week of Nov 3rd, the only hotal that was offered was the All Stars. I guess the week we are going, is going to be a VERY busy week at Disney :cry:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I still wouldnt lose all hope....as Super Matt has said many reservations are cancelled or not paid on deposits so there are always stuff opening up etc. Plus I was talking with another friend of mine who thinks that a VERY limited number of rooms were put out at this rate, but as we get closer and they dont sell as many full price deals or Winter Dream Maker Specials, more rooms at all of the resorts may become available. What do you think SuperMatt?? Belle

Upvote 0

frazierle

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
I still wouldnt lose all hope....as Super Matt has said many reservations are cancelled or not paid on deposits so there are always stuff opening up etc. Plus I was talking with another friend of mine who thinks that a VERY limited number of rooms were put out at this rate, but as we get closer and they dont sell as many full price deals or Winter Dream Maker Specials, more rooms at all of the resorts may become available. What do you think SuperMatt?? Belle

I have a friend who is supposed to have contacts at Disney and that's exactly what they said is going on. As the dates get closer to your actual arrival Disney will (depending on crowds) make available more rooms. He had indicated that Disney looks at AP discounts as a method for filling vacant rooms for the immediate time frame. Spur of the moment type trips. They do not want to make available too many rooms too far in advance because they make more money on the package deals. I'm like most AP holders wondering if I will renew when the time comes, its a gamble.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom