Anyone seen Tink's line short???

need2go2wdw

Original Poster
We've been to the Judge's Tent in TT to try to get pics with Tink and her fairy friends countelss times and have ALWAYS seen it be 45 minutes or more. We've lucked out and the Princess line was usually 15 minutes each time. With a 2 year old girl, meeting Tink would simply light up her day like nothing else, but waiting in a 45+ minute line first might get ugly :dazzle:. The only time we've waited for a character meeting that long before was waiting for Mickey and friends at the Epcot Char Spot and luckily we've had friends with us who had a youngster themselves so they could occupy each other. We're going in May and I'm determined to get her pic with Tink, so any tips on when we can sneak in without that daunting wait???

ABigBrassBand

We've been to the Judge's Tent in TT to try to get pics with Tink and her fairy friends countelss times and have ALWAYS seen it be 45 minutes or more. We've lucked out and the Princess line was usually 15 minutes each time. With a 2 year old girl, meeting Tink would simply light up her day like nothing else, but waiting in a 45+ minute line first might get ugly :dazzle:. The only time we've waited for a character meeting that long before was waiting for Mickey and friends at the Epcot Char Spot and luckily we've had friends with us who had a youngster themselves so they could occupy each other. We're going in May and I'm determined to get her pic with Tink, so any tips on when we can sneak in without that daunting wait???

Nope, its always been 45 minutes. I don't want to wait that long just to see characters >: (

jonimcd

We have a two year old as well and tried the 45 minute line, and as you can imagine, it was not worth it! (When we got in line, it said 20 minutes, but the line didn't move for 30 minutes.) The cast member told us that the best time is to be at the front of the rope drop into Toontown and RUN (as much as you can in a crowd) to get in line.

We tried the next morning. We were about 10-15 people deep in line and by the time we got through Toontown and parked the stroller, the line was just as long. We gave up and got in line to see the princesses.

BrerFrog

Nope. My CP program was in Toontown and even early in the morning the line will be very long for a very large group of people is always at the land's entrance waiting for the rope drop to visit Tink. It's just insane, if you get there 10 minutes after it opens you will already find a very long line.

On a sad note, it is very common to see a large group of people swarming towards Pixie Hollow while Mr. Mouse gets no visitors. :cry:

Future Guy

I noticed this when we were there in early January, and it kind of mystified me. After all, the princesses are generally better-known. Outside Tink, your average park guest would be hard-pressed to name one other fairy. I know I can't.

My wife and I stood in the line, though, because we were there during that ridiculous cold snap when temperatures hovered around freezing all day, and frankly we would have stood in line to hear Larry The Cable Guy read War and Peace in Slavonic, as long as the queue area was inside a warm building.

Flower'sChild

I have been in the TinkerBell line was it was short. Like a 10 or 15 minutes wait. At times later at night when it was like 40 minutes or less when they would close the TinkerBell line that line could be very short. Also I believe right when they opened the line it could sometimes be short. Also it seems like at times during the day (long after park opening and long before park closing) the wait would be like 20 or 30 minutes.

NewfieFan

I've never seen it less than 60! :eek: But the thing that bugs me is when they open Toontown earlier than posted. I've been to TT twice right on at 10am and the place is already open and the line for Tink is already at 60 mins! I was always under the impression that TT opened an hour later than park opening. Apparently I'm wrong! :shrug:

DizneyPryncess

I waited 1 hour 15 minutes for Tink, and the Princess line was only 10-15 minutes. This was last May though.

As far as running to Toon Town at rope drop, I don't know if that's a good idea. Last time I was there, the meet & greet's didn't start with the Fairies until an hour after the park opened. So if we had run there at park open, we would have been waiting an hour anyways just for Pixie Hollow to open. Check the times guide, because that might change from day to day, or might be different from last year.

NASAMan

I worked front of the line for the Princesses and Pixies on Saturday. Though the park was advertised as closing at 11:00PM, we remained open until midnight. The last hour I was walking to the playground practically begging families to come in to see them. No wait on either line. It does happen.

Rule of thumb: 45 minutes for the fairies is normal and you should not hesitate joining the line. The line seems to move incredibly slow, compared to the princess line beside it. Hang in there - you will get to the front! If you see less then 45 minutes you are cooking with gas. Also, go in the evening during parade/fireworks and you will usually find shorter lines.

Azerin

The best times are normally right at open or late at night... with late at night being better normally... unless you are waiting for a awhile before it opens in the morning and that defeats the purpose of trying to find a short wait time :p they typically close the line an hour before the park closes and sometimes the line can be quite short then... the sign may still say 45mins but it is more like 20mins at least when we have been... and this was during some pretty busy times of the year.... you just have to look to see how far back the actual line stops

Dwarful

When we last June we had about a 5 minute wait...once we were inside TT. But we went on an early entry day, then we headed over to TT around 9:45 (15 mins. prior to TT rope drop). We were in the front of the line and went directly to Tink and friends. So really we waited about 20 minutes including our wait outside of TT.

sweetpee_1993

In January 2009 we were at MK's rope drop, walked straight back to TT's rope, and waited. It was right at 10 that the CM's came out, did a little ceremony, then walked the herd back to the fairy meet line. One Dad tried to make his little girl run out in front of the CM who was walking with us but she sent the girl back. We ended up being first but we made the other nice young lady w/a young daughter that waited with us that whole hour go ahead of us. The little girl was so sweet & excited that she got to be first. Technically, I guess you would say we waited an hour but our wait was at the TT rope, not the regular line. :wave:

I've waited for Tink 1 hour and then at another trip I waited about 20 min.
I have to say it is well worth the wait for any adult who loves Tink or the Princess' and especially for any child. They are such sweet Cast Members and really spend time with each person. :)

need2go2wdw

Original Poster
Okay, what confuses me is that both times we waited for Princesses, it was only a 15 minute wait while Tink was 45. The ends of the lines were at the same point! Since I've never waited to see Tink, what I want to know is this...is there more line beyond the front of the two lines at the CM with the rope for Tink and not for Princesses? If not, why, if they have roughly the same amount of people in each line, is Tinks so much longer of a wait?

muteki

We walked right in in the evening during Wishes. Did both the Fairies and the Princesses in about 10 minutes. Definitely the way to go.

protiius

Did anyone else see the title of this thread and thought it was relating to a malfunction with Tink's zip wire effect in Wishes? :shrug: :lol::lol:

keithj4

My little one was afraid of the fireworks so I had to find somewhere to take her inside . We happened into the tent and got to see Tink with zero line. I don't know if we were just lucky or if there is no line during the fireworks. Maybe you can give it a try! Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom