Anyone ever met others in WDW from your part of the world?

DisneyDellsDude

Original Poster
Two years ago, our first time at Coronado Springs, while checking out and loading onto the Magical Express for our return trip to the airport... There was an older guy who worked at the little luggage hut there. He was from our area (a bit south from us) but always said he stoped at our local Fish/Chips restaurant whenever he headed up north. Anyways, the next year (this past December) sure enough, he was there again and remembered us!:)

Even wierder... Near the Fountain of Nations at Epcot two years ago, we ran into our neighboors that live 3 houses down from us. We had no clue that they were going the same time as us and vice verca!

And then we have had some planned meetings. My sister's friend was going the same time as we were, so we rode TT at Epcot with their family one evening and then watched Illuminations together.
This year we plan on meeting up with our direct neighboors for a few days this Thanksgiving.

I always love spending time in WDW with direct family, (especially when you don't go more than once a year) but meeting up with friends is always a blast!!:)

xsupaxmanxsfnex

Well we met people we knew there. We used to live in Tampa and we have always been friends with a family we met when we lived there. So we lived in Ohio and they still lived in Tampa so they came and stayed at the same off site hotel as us and came to the park with us for two days. It was fun finally going together when we were a little bit older.

Sassagoula-Rvr

Met somebody at Test Track right before we were loading. you know how both FP and standby mix together before loading? While these people were in the standby line and we had Fastpass's. And right as we were getting in the car they saw my T-shirt which had a local college logo and said something about their Basketball camp. they asked if that was the one near where they lived. Turns out they live about 10 miles away from us and I couldn't believe that coincidence. 1,500 miles from home and in the same ride car you run into somebody from your home area.

Oh and at Disneyland one of their survey people came up to us and it said she was from Iowa and I was like what are the chances of you walking up to us randomly? No one in our group had Iowa clothing on, she too grew-up about 15-20 miles away.

the-reason14

I had met some kids back in Dec. 2004 on Space Mt., they said they were from H-town too, I was like for real, and they was like yea, and I said I live there too. It was pretty cool, we claimed we were gonna try and meet up somewhere at home, but it never worked out, but it still was cool though.

krankenstein

I was in the WoD store at DtD and ran into one of my best friends. I didn't know she was going down to the World that week, so it was a bit of a shock. Unfortunately it was our last night and there first night so we didn't get to spend anytime together. :(

EpcotGrl

While I was on my CP, I was ringing up a guest one day when I noticed their license said they lived a street over from my house back in Texas. We had a good laugh, and he promised to walk over and say hi to my parents for me :) Also had some guests notice my nametag and ask me which high school I went to in town (there is a weird, giant rivalry between 2 of them). Once I told them I got high fives and hugs :lol:

AEfx

A couple of years ago my family ran into another family from our town we had known well for years. Had no idea they were there as well, but the funny part was that we ran into them on "It's A Small World", hehe. ;)

AEfx

peachypear14

On the Great Movie Ride our "guide" lady (what do you call them?) asked where we were from. When we said Cincinnati, it surprised us when she said that she was from the same place! We certainly didn't expect to have a conversation about Skyline Chili in the World!

tmp

I ran into a customer of mine through work last Sunday in AK. There is nothing like being on vacation and being reminded of work.:brick:

xsupaxmanxsfnex

On the Great Movie Ride our "guide" lady (what do you call them?) asked where we were from. When we said Cincinnati, it surprised us when she said that she was from the same place! We certainly didn't expect to have a conversation about Skyline Chili in the World!
I used to live in Cincy! Well, Mason. We went to Goldstar more than Skyline though.... don't hate me.:D

NewfieFan

This story happened about 15 years ago but still amazes me!

My father took us up to a balcony in the Contemporary (would this be the one off the restaurant?) to watch the fireworks one night. We got talking to an older couple and sure enough they were from Newfoundland (and Newfies love meeting other Newfies)!!! Anyways my parents talked for a bit and then we said goodbye and that's all we thought of that. A couple nights later we were at Epcot and my parents started looking for a spot to watch Illuminations (or whatever it was called back then). They decided on a spot near Canada and sure enough, guess who's standing next to us... the same couple we had met at the Comtemporary! It was quite the coincidence!

LuisT

Well, back in 2003 or 2004. ( I can't remember) I transfered to a new school, and then I went to wdw for a spring break. We got a spot for the parade and look who it is! It was one of my classmates. It was crazy, =). We just said hi and had to continue without them.

kc1296426

I was going to get an ice cream at a snack cart near the Mickey Hat at DHS (this was actually like 2 weeks ago) and I saw my soccer coach there with his family! :eek: He called me by my name and I turned around and saw him. Really funny incident, and the days prior to that I saw his flickr page online.

CAPTAIN HOOK

On our first ever visit - we were in MK sat on the walls of the central hub waiting for the 3pm parade. A lady and her daughter sat next to us - turns out they lived a couple of miles from where my wife used to live

Hrudey3032

I was at Sea World in 2002 leaving as the park was closing and heard a girl calling my name.I looked up and seen a girl I worked with who had been in FL. for 3 months on a internship at a hospital.I had never had anything like that ever happen before but was cool as we made plans and hung out afterwards.

Tinkerbella16

It so weird running into someone you know when in wdw because I feel so far away from the real world whenever I'm there.

In 2005 me and my sister took a trip, our second day we got in line for the bus to MK at Pop Century. We saw our neighbors who live right across the street from us at the same bus stop. It was just weird. Then, on the same trip we were shopping on Main Street, and ran into our stepmothers cousins (who are basically family to us) at the Emporium giftshop. Too weird.

This years trip in November, a friend of mine that I work with is going to be there the same week as us. SO im sure we will be meeting up.

digger1977

on my first eveing at the world on my last trip in may, i was exiting off the boat at the MK, and standing a few feet infront of me was a guy and his family i reconised from my local store. i said hello and he asked what i was doing there ( silly question if u as me ) .
i kept bumping in to him all throughout my trip.

we r both from Aberdeen , Scotland.

Disney05

Haven't met anyone yet, but that will change this year. Between my wife and I, we know about 8 other people going the same week we are this October.

BrennaRN

Yeah about 4 or 5 years ago we were coming out of Pirates and heard my dad's full name. Turned around and it was a family friend behind us in the ride. We kept seeing him and his family all over the parks that entire week. It's funny how truly a small world it is sometimes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom