Anyone ever met others in WDW from your part of the world?

OneLuckyMom

I adopted my daughter from a small orphanage in China (not one of the "big" orphanages that do most of the international adoptions in China). I once ran into another family who had just adopted from the same orphanage waiting for them to drop the ropes at Epcot one morning. We even knew each other from an online chat group, for parents with children from that orphanage!

So I was at MK 2 years ago for Mickey's Christmas Party. I was the lucky one who got to save parade seats on Main Street while my mom and sister went to get food. :lookaroun Anyway, I was a llittle bit tired and was just dazed out watching the "snow" fall when I heard "Hey You!!" , and I look up to see my hair dresser since I was 3 and her family. We had no idea they would be there.

fernix

Last October I saw my son's friends Grandma in Publix supermarket, then again a few days later on the friendship boat from Boardwalk to Epcot, purely by chance.

The same trip we were talking to a family in line waiting to go on Mummy in Universal and then saw them again on the plane going home a few days later.

pacochran

We've had a few times.

One year I saw at a distance but didn't get a chance to talk someone from my work.

Another time was walking thru AK when we ran into someone from work. We didn't know that we were going down at the same time.

Also my wife works for a local college and I have a few T-shirts with the name on it and have worn them down to WDW, and have had a few of the CM's make comments about it, and that they were from our area or had attended the college.

Though not WDW, last year we wanted to spend a few days in Tampa Bay and so my wife made reservations with Holiday Inn Express, and when the clerk asked our zip code and my wife gave it to him mentioned our home town and he was from the next town over.

It really is "A small world after all"

Ivan72

Our family was in Siesta Key, Florida for a Winter Escape back in 1988. We decided to take a day trip to Magic Kingdom. We were walking down Main Street and turned down a side street. This was before The Emporium was one large continuous building. At the end of the side street we ran into my Aunt and Uncle who were in Orlando for a conference and on a spur they decided to visit the Magic Kingdom. Niether of our families knew the other was even in Florida let alone the Magic Kingdom.

Disney_Belle

Our family has had it happen many times.

-While in WDW in 1999 we ran into one of my Dad's friends. That was the first time we bumped into someone in WDW that we knew. I thought it was so cool lol.

-We had called Mears to bring us to Sea World in a shuttle on another trip. Our drive and my aunt's boyfriend got to talking. Turns out, the driver and my aunt's boyfriend lived 2 houses down from each other when they were kids, but for some reason didn't realize it right away lol.

-On a plane ride home in 2004 my brother ran into a friend at the airport who was taking the same flight home as us.

-in 2006, my cousins, aunt, aunt's boyfriend and i went to wdw for 10 days. When we returned home, my cousin went back to school (She was a freshman). One of her friends said he saw her and her family in Disney World, and he tried getting our attention but we couldn't hear him, so instead he took a picture of us looking at maps in MK near the bridge to Liberty Square. kinda creepy:lookaroun

I also saw a woman I used to work with at a local auto auction my parents go to for their auto business. I wasn't sure it was her, and saw me but wasn't sure it was me, but turned out, it was and we both didn't say hi to each other because we didn't want to sound crazy if it wasn't lol.

dmbouton75

Several instances for me:

Saw a woman my husband & I both worked with at MK with her husband & daughter, but they were too far away to say hello to.

At Cosmic Ray's--I saw a former manager I had worked for having what looked to be a very miserable time, sitting at a table with his family. I felt so sorry for his kids--he was not a nice man. Needless to say, I did not approach them.

My husband & I got to talking to a young man on the bus back to BWV and realized my in-laws and his parents went to the same church.

2 other instances, but not at WDW:

Shortly after take-off while flying to Las Vegas, I jokingly asked the woman next to me if she could see the town where I lived. She was originally from the same town and had friends just a few doors down from us. While visiting her friends, she had watched us build our new house.

While taking a shuttle bus to a rental car place from the Ft. Meyers airport, I struck up a conversation with the woman sitting next to me. She had relatives, whom I knew well, from my home town.

I believe it really is a small world after all...:)

Jimtheboy

Repeated coincidence

1. We were in MK, right after Laugh Floor opened. I txted a joke (how cool is that whole concept?). We're in the show, and they read my joke, turns out, i wasn't the only one that txt'd the SAME joke. They announced my name and 2 other girls, both from 1 town over from me on Long Island. As we exited, we overherad the two girls talking abuot how weird it was that the "other guy" was from Long Island too. We introduced ourselves, had a qucik laugh, and left.
After that, we saw them at least 2 other times during the trip, AND they ended up on the same flight home as us, 2 seats away.

2. While struggling to read the MK map, a "gaggle" of people coming the other direction passed me, and proceeded to scream my name. They were season subscribers to a local theatre at which I perform regularly. They were screaming "Airport playhouse guy.....we'll see you next friday night!!!!!!" It was too crowded to turn around, so we waved and kept moving.

3. Went to watch the Voices of Liberty, 2 mins. in, I recognized one of the singers. We had done a teen version of Little Shop 16 years ago. I worked my way forward, and halfway through the song, she glanced over and reallized who i was. So nice to catch up with her.

I love when weird stuff like that happens!!!!!! :)

ChuckFromCanada

Parrothead & Disney Fanatic.
TWICE!!! almost three times believe it or not.
1) On a resort bus to POP I ran into a childhood friend I hadn't seen in about 15 yrs, they had left the bus lights on and I told my DW that that guy looked like a guy I played with as a kid...yada,yada,yada, I had to ask and low and behold it was him.
2) We ran into my DW's Uncle and Aunt at MK and we had no idea they were going as we don't speak regularly, we were walking in frontierland and the wife said 1 min and ran off ,I waited and saw her talking to someone,I thought maybe they had dropped something and went to see and it was her Aunt and Uncle.
3) At the Canada Pav. at EPCOT someone we know thought she saw us but by the time she went to tell her family where she was going we had ducked for cover inside the 360 show due to rain, when we got home she asked us if we were at WDW and EPCOT before the storm and we were amazed at how small the world really is..... they should make a ride and song based on that fact....:lookaroun.

Many moons ago I was standing in line with my family at Living With the Land and we spoke to an older couple from a town about 25 miles west of my hometown...the crazy thing is that the town's population is about 200 so you don't usually expect to see two people at WDW from that small town. Everytime I pass through the village I think of seeing the couple at WDW years ago.

Disneykidder

I've seen students from the school where I teach while I was in the world. It's kind of weird being reconnized while I am there.

scpergj

Yup...happened twice to us...

A couple of years ago, we ran into one of my sisters friends and her family. We knew we were going to be there at the same time, but with four parks and tens of thousands of people...

This year, over Memorial Day weekend, we were at MK and ran into one of our son's friends' and family. Again, we knew they would be there, but amazing we picked the same park on the same day, and happened to be in Tomorrowland at that same time!

Kevin

maryszhi

omg, i have so many, but this is the funniest
i saw a nun from school waiting for the tower of terror. she was in full nun apperal with a bunch of nuns who were in for a convention. after talking about how our trips had been so far, and if i went to mass on sunday. after she asked how my father could have let me out with an a&F t-shirt with a minni skirt(that had shorts underneath) and crocs. She asked if i wanted to go shopping with her for appropriate vacation cloths. i saw her again at the beach club pool ( that were we and the nuns coinsidently were staying) and asked how my dad allowed me to wear a bikini that showed my belly button. she handed me a towel and demanded i cover it up. i got up, ran away, and when i saw her again, i just ran away. Now during our winter, spring, and summer vacation assemblies, she gives us the lowdown on what is and isnt appropriate vacation apperal. to make matters worse she uses me and example(with out my name)

CinderALLIE

That's kinda funny. Your on holidays it shouldn't matter what you are wearing. A few years ago when I was in school, my friends and I actually got told our skirts were too long by a teacher. They were 3/4 length and were supposed to be knee length.

Anyway back to the question, I once saw someone from Australia at Magic Kingdom while standing inline for Jungle Cruise. Most people from Australia are lazy and only go to Disneyland cuz it's closer and cheaper flights. They were from a diff State though.

MKCP 1985

lotta people from this part of the world go to WDW during the week of Mardi Gras.

A few years ago, we went to Universal, stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel, but decided to go over to Downtown Disney one night, and ran into a good friend and his wife from my church.

Completely unexpected - each had no idea the other was there.

Fortunately, we were both there with our respective wives. :D (of course we would be . . . I'm just saying it would be a very bad thing if we weren't. And some people sometimes aren't. :lookaroun )

Mikester71

Our first trip back in March of 2005, after checking in at Pop Century, we decided to take a stroll around the place to check it out. While walking along one of the sidewalks towards our room, somebody stops me and says "You're from Sarnia, right". I was about floored until she points at my t-shirt, which happened to be our local college here in Sarnia. Still, cool to run into somebody that far away from home who happens to know where you are visiting from.

Tinkrbell

We have met several cast members who were born & raised within about 2 hours of where we live. We also met a cast member who went to high school about 2 miles from our house.

I have seen a girl from my school while waiting for the ferry from TTC to MK. I only knew she went there because she was wearing a powder puff tshirt that said our school name on it. I had a class with her the next semester.

I have worked at a girl scout camp during the summer for 3 years & I have had a camper who has autism in my group at least once both of the first summers I worked there. While I was getting off Soarin in October, I noticed a girl who looked a lot like her leaving the ride at the same time. She kept looking over her shoulder at me, giving me a kinda wierd look. I got a good look at her before I went outside & it was my camper. She was at camp this week & she said she thought she saw me at Disney World.

It wasnt at Disney World, but it was after a Disney trip on the plane on the way home right after this past new years. I was in one of the first groups to board the plane & I was watching everyone else get settled when I see a woman that looked familiar. As we were standing at baggage claim in Milwaukee, I realized that it was the human resources person for the girl scout council that owns the camp I work at.

Im guessing I'll be running into some people that I know while Im there for 5 months for CareerStart.

CBug88

I am from a small township about 35 mins north of Cincinnati...I remember one visit several years ago, approx 1996, my sister and I were swimming with our parents at CBR. I remember looking across the pool to see a friend I went to school with swimming with his parents! Talk about ironic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom