Anyone ever met others in WDW from your part of the world?

Laura

Premium Member
In high school, I actually ran into the same family on 2 different trips to WDW. One one trip I saw them at Universal Studios, and on another trip I saw them at MGM. That's quite a feat seeing as we were all from upstate NY and had no idea each other was going to Florida either time. It was my softball coach, his wife, his daughter (my teammate), and his son (my classmate). I've also seen other people from my hometown on several different occassions.

SCDizney

DW and I were on a quick weekend trip down to WDW a couple of years ago. We were standing in line waiting to get into EPCOT. Since I'm fairly tall I could see farther up the line. I saw an old friend who I hadn't seen since the last time we worked together, at least 8 years, standing at the front of the line. I ran up quickly and tapped him on the sholder. He was shocked to see me. We spoke briefly and then planned on meeting up later. It was weired to see someone I knew at my favorite place.:hammer:

SC Dizney

A few years ago, when I was in training for my first WDW job, I saw a little girl run by me who looked JUST like a girl I babysat for regularly in Seattle before they moved to a new state. I thought that was kind of funny, seeing a girl who looked just like her....when her little brother ran by too! Sure enough, I turn around, and there are their parents. I of course spazzed out and tackled them all for hugs (I had been their one and only babysitter as they grew up, so we were all really close.) They had no idea I even worked at WDW, they were so surprised, hahaha. They ended up treating me to a meal at Akershush that night, and I spent all of my free time in the parks with them the week they were there :)

Then, about three months ago, I when I was working at the Jaws ride at Universal Studios, I ran into a girl who I had gone to high school with, and ended up giving her and her boyfriend a boat tour.

Rogue21

On my last trip I struck up a conversation with a very tall gentleman while in line at The Mara. Turned out he lived one town over, about 10 minutes from my hometown.

On the same trip, while walking in Animal Kingdom, I saw a guy I had played in the same softball league with for years. I caught his eye (not literally, of course) and made a beeline towards him. He was there with family and I was doing Disney solo for the first time.

I see him at the softball fields every now and again and we always comment on our chance meeting at WDW.

Eyekimore

I'm a elementary music teacher in NJ. I teach about 750 kids in 2 different schools. We visit WDW 2-3 times a year. I ran into different students for a record 8 trips in a row. It's been a few years now since I've run into that many- but- I'm keeping my eyes open!

BTW- Leaving tomorrow for the world! Woo-hoo!

mickeypal1

We have run into two different groups of people that we knew at Disney over the years. One was a customer of my husbands and another was a student of mine. Both were several years ago. I now teach third grade and the last couple of years I tell my class that if I ever meet them in Disney that I will buy them a Mickey Ice Cream bar. My kids get very excited about this. I am sure that I will have to pay up some day!

Also, several years ago my brother went to Disney at the same time as their babysitter. They did not run into each other. However, when they got back they were showing the babysitter the pictures and the babysitter saw themselves in a picture of them walking down Main Street.

fauna

When I was in high school we ran into my homeroom teacher. That was a bit of a surprise. And ran into him about 2-3 more times over the course of the trip. Of course, it was only MK and Epcot back then.

Last year my husband saw a co-worker of his when he was in line to meet Goofy.

*Posting from beachfront deck, Ocean City NJ*
**I'd still rather be in WDW! :king:​

Ausdaddy

I used to live in Cincy! Well, Mason. We went to Goldstar more than Skyline though.... don't hate me.:D

I live just north of Mason (in a township, outside city limits). It truly is a small world. I'll forgive you for the Goldstar comment. Anyway, I went to Disney with some friends of mine and ran into my uncle (who lives in Cincy as well) and cousins. I was shocked. I also ran into someone that I worked with. Considering that we only had a team of about 20, that's pretty rare.

bgraham34

I always run into people from my neck of the woods in NJ. Almost every other trip I or my wife run into someone we know.

Sulu

Last summer my family was getting on TTA and we looked up and my cousin and his family were getting off of it. My cousin and I looked at each other and said "What are you doing here?" We had no idea the other would be there that week. It was our first day and their last. :)

eroyee

We were riding the boat from POR to DTD one day and only one other couple on board so we started talking. come to find out, they lived about 30 miles from us! Too funny......

popsicletrees

Two years ago we were having dinner at 50's Prime Time. Our waitress asked our family where we were from. We told her Cleveland, TN, which is a small town in southeast TN. She said, "Oh, so are the people at that table." The people from the other table thought the waitress had us up to it. So after a few exchanges of local streets and common friends, they believed us.

peachypear14

I used to live in Cincy! Well, Mason. We went to Goldstar more than Skyline though.... don't hate me.:D

I live just north of Mason (in a township, outside city limits). It truly is a small world. I'll forgive you for the Goldstar comment. Anyway, I went to Disney with some friends of mine and ran into my uncle (who lives in Cincy as well) and cousins. I was shocked. I also ran into someone that I worked with. Considering that we only had a team of about 20, that's pretty rare.

Apparently it's a very small world here on wdwmagic! I actually live in Mason, but it's always easier to say Cincinnati! And I didn't mean to stir up the Gold Star/Skyline debate! :p

I have a funny story. My cousin is doing the College Program and she had moved in but we hadn't heard from her. I havent seen her in 7 years because of family issues. So me and my mom were walking by China in Epcot and i see a girl who looks insanely like my cousin and then we head "OMG!" and then she runs up and hugs us etc. It was very funny because then we had to track down the rest of the family with us and had a family reunion. Must of looked funny to the rest of the people seeing us jumping around and hugging haha

Katybug

I didn't meet them in Disney World, but when we were waiting to load the plane I met a nice family. We sat by them on the way to Disney World. It was there kids first time. They stayed at the same place we did and when we got ready to leave they left at the exact same time.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Yes, bumped into old neighbours, who were good friends with my wife and a former team mate of mine. Spent a couple of days in each others company.

Brwneyedgirl72

I have bumped into someone I work with on two separate occassions at Epcot. The first time was at last year's F&W festival, I turned around in the Living Seas and he was right next to me. The second time was this past March when I was at the bar at the Rose & Crown waiting for a drink, and he stepped up to the bar next to me. Neither of us had any idea we would be there on each occassion and I think it is crazy that I bump into him twice at the same park. We both live in south Florida, so it's not like we are locals or anything. Crazy! :hammer:

Missymoe4

Last year while in the gift shop at Port Orleans, I ran into my student and her family. It was odd at first, hearing "Ms. K" in the middle of Disney. It took me a few moments to realize that someone was talking to me. LOL.

It was a nice surprise...just wasn't expecting it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom