Anyone ever met others in WDW from your part of the world?

YodaGirl

We were sitting outside Pecos Bill's in the MK, and we saw our dentist walking down the street. We stopped and talked for a little bit. We always thought that was weird.

westie

On the Disney Cruise they bring you into the theater and give you the low down on the cruise they give a little shout out to people and where their from. They yelled out some family from our town and they were sitting almost right next to us! Freaky!! I was thinking,"Hey! I came here to get away from you people!!"

JiminyandTink

The closest thing I have was on my honeymoon last year and we met another couple from Canada in line at IASW.

We are from Ontario and they were from Alberta which is obviously very far away, but the funny thing was that they were also on their honeymoon and got married on the same day.

So they weren't exactly from our neck of the woods but it was still pretty weird coincidence I guess.

lilclerk

The CM who sat us the first time we rode Soarin' was originally from the next town over from ours and she sat us in the front row :D

This past trip, after exiting Maelstrom we met a family who was from CA and was considering moving to RI. We all talked for quite a bit, they were very nice.

MAGICFLOP

Also, several years ago my brother went to Disney at the same time as their babysitter. They did not run into each other. However, when they got back they were showing the babysitter the pictures and the babysitter saw themselves in a picture of them walking down Main Street.

This is the best story that I read. I always look at the photos I see in here. I am looking to see myself or someone I know.

DivineMadness7

Once in Animal Kingdom, we were walking through the open area by the main shop and ran into a family we know from our town. No idea they were going to be there, it was very cool to see them.

The best though was several years ago, we were sitting outside of the ABC Commissary, my mom had gone in to get us food. She had trouble bringing it back to the table and a nice CM offered to help her carry it. When he came out with her, we noticed on his nametag that he was from our hometown! Being from a small town in Pennsylvania, this was a big deal to us! We all jumped up and down, and after talking to him, my dad knew his dad. Small world, eh?

Mystic

My mom and I did the Dolphins in Depth tour a few years ago. There were only 8 of us in the group and it turned out everyone in the group was within about a 2 hour drive of everyone else. It was a completely Canadian tour group. None of us knew each other prior to the tour either.

OilSlinger822

Just about every year my family went to Disney World, I ALWAYS ran into my old preschool teacher somewhere...this past trip in May I had expected to see her lol, but I didn't... We never knew the other was going. I think we saw her on a total of like 5 trips..crazy:shrug::ROFLOL:

abbeysmom

On a trip a few years ago I had retreated to the concession stand area to get out of the heat at a Braves Pre-season game and sat down in a corner. It wasn't long before a man and his young child came over and sat down too. We proceeded to talk about how hot it was (I actually started having chills I was so overheated and the game had not even started???) and that we needed to get out of the sun. I asked him where he was from and he said a small suburb north of Atlanta. I replied me too... where........ wouldn't you know we were both from Dacula Ga.... How weird was that.. Neither one of us could believe it. Different subdivisions about 5 miles from each other. :lookaroun

Greenlawler

We used to live in a very small town in Kentucky. It shocked us just how many people from our town were there every year. For five consecutive years we saw multiple people from the same town. One year we saw 20 or so the same week. To make things even more bizarre we went to very small church in Kentucky and we saw ten people from our church about three years ago. One year the first person we saw upon entering the gates was a lady my wife taught with in Kentucky.
One year we were waiting in line to meet Uncle Scrouge at the Christmas party and we were chatting with the family in front of us. We had a long wait and we really clicked with them. We were talking about our mutual character obsession and we asked them where they were from...you guessed it our little Kentucky town, crazy. How we did not already know them was beyond me.
Last year after moving to a larger town in Tennessee we knew we would not see anyone from there, after all we did not know hardly anybody from Columbia, TN yet. Of course as luck would have it, we began talking to a family in front of us at Fantasmic and low and behold they were from our new hometown.
I guess it only goes to show you, you should always expect to see someone you know.

jonnyc

I actually ran into my friend on the plane going to the world, and on that trip we must have seen about 10 people from back home.

wdwmomof3

My sister ran into a family that they knew two years in a row, and it was the same family. So far, it hasn't happened to me. :(

PrincessK

One morning while waiting in Adventureland for the rope drop, I noticed a CM's tag said Boston, MA on it. I struck up a conversation with her. For the most part, people from MA who live in small downs just say they live in Boston. She asked me where I was from, and of course I said "Boston." She asked "Where? North Shore, South Shore?" I told her the name of my tiny South Shore town. Turns out she lived there for years before she and her husband moved to FL. We talked about the changes to the town and new gossip. I never would have dreamed of finding a CM from my tiny town.

DH and I went to Tony's one night and our waiter graduated from high school with DH. Another small world!

My mother and I are taking a girl's trip in October. After talking randomly with a bunch of friends, it turns out there are about 15 of us who will be there at the same time. We didn't know it until we started talking. :ROFLOL:

drantis

When I was in MK last Labor Day, the greeter at the Plaza was from my part of CT and had noticed my Patriots hat. It was really nice to meet someone from my area because I was there on my first solo trip and felling a little lonely that first day.

PrincessK

When I was in MK last Labor Day, the greeter at the Plaza was from my part of CT and had noticed my Patriots hat. It was really nice to meet someone from my area because I was there on my first solo trip and felling a little lonely that first day.

You can always tell the New Englanders by their sportswear. Red Sox, Pats...

:wave:

mandylo

This happened to us a few years ago. We ran into a friend of my husbands whose brother-in-law played for the Atlanta Braves at the time. I think they said they were visiting him during spring training.

Sulu

My family was eating breakfast at POP a couple of weeks ago and in walked a former student of mine and his family. I called his name and his eyes were as big as quarters. He was like, "What's my kindergarten teacher doing here?" It was neat to see him there and see his excitement. We didn't just bump into them, but some really good friends of ours were there the same week we were so we got to spend some time with them in the parks and at the resort. The neat thing was our kids didn't know the other family would be there. It was a fun vacation!

Scott M

I was born and raised in Buffalo, N.Y. but now reside in Massapequa (Long Island), N.Y.

Last November, while purchasing a beverage at the Rose and Crown outdoor beer concession, I noticed that the CM behind the counter had "Massapequa, N.Y." printed on his nametag. As I struck up a conversation with him and mentioned my upbringing in Buffalo, the couple behind me joined in the conversation and told me that they were from Buffalo.

It was kind of a "small world" moment, as I enjoyed discussing familiar places both past and present with friendly people. This, while enjoying a fine ale on a beatiful autumn day in Epcot certainly made for quite a memorable experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom