Anyone else hate what they did to "Pirates of the Caribbean"

Susan Savia

The attraction is a light blending of the movie into the old attraction. The scenes are all basically the same. If you don't care for it, you certainly do not have to ride on it.

drossjr

I prefer the ride now.

7 A100 figures, better chase scene, music in the bombardment, improved music in the cavers, no talking skull, better lighting and audio, Davy Jones projection etc. Along with Auction, Old Bill, Burning Town and Jail scenes remaining unchanged.

Only two criticisms are the captain's dialogue in the well scene and not having the Wicked Wench be the Black Pearl (and that's one thing you apparently can't blame on TDO).

Agree! Having the black pearl just makes sense to me if your going to include Barbosa. It wouldve been cool if they added more of Barbosa's crew and maybe have and effect changing them from their human for to the way they look under moonlight???

Any reason Orlando Bloom and the girl didnt get added into the ride?:shrug:

irmonkey

I enjoyed the changes. Though it had been years and years (I was 4-5 years old the last time) since I rode PotC so I don't really remember the original version. Loved the Davy Jones hologram!

Courtney1188

Agree! Having the black pearl just makes sense to me if your going to include Barbosa. It wouldve been cool if they added more of Barbosa's crew and maybe have and effect changing them from their human for to the way they look under moonlight???

Any reason Orlando Bloom and the girl didnt get added into the ride?:shrug:

Well, just with a few small changes you already have people complaining that they 'ruined a classic'. And that's with minimum changes. So I can see why they didn't add anything else from the movie.

And no, I don't want to see Eddie Murphy in HM or Steve Guttenberg/Kirsten Dunst in ToT either.

Well, let's see...Pirates of the Caribbean films have made Disney 2.7 million. HM made about 180 million, and ToT was a made for TV movie, so I really doubt it has made them much. You can't really compare Jack Sparrow being put in PoC to those two examples.

C&D

I was more upset (and really upset is an exageration) when they switched the women chasing the pirates (as opposed to the pirates chasing the women) than the addition of the 'pirate movies' influence, which I thought was well done.

lazyboy97o

The what?
The Western River Expedition Intended for the site of Big Thunder Mountains, it was a grand attraction on the scale of Pirates of the Caribbean, but with cowboys. It would have been part of a larger Thunder Mesa complex, that would have included a runaway mine train roller coaster. The Imagineer who came to head the mine train coaster, a young Tony Baxter was successful in pitching that attraction as a cheaper, stand alone attraction in the late 1970s, much to the chagrin of Marc Davis.

Mouse Man

I have loved POC since I was a little boy. It was the coolest ride ever and to me still is. Actually I love the few changes they made to the ride and I can now relate to the movies (My Favorites) to the ride even more. Like seeing Captain Jack and and love what they did introducing you to Davy Jones. I guess for some this is not a ride to change, but for me, it just gets me more acting like a pirate and letting my imagination and inner boy set loose and be free.

DisneyNut7578

Hate? No. One of the better updates out of Glendale. And it isn`t a hologram.

As we said 3 years ago.
I agree. This has been one of the very few updates that actually involves an AA instead of a screen or hologram. Plus, they kept all of the traditional elements fo the ride intact.

Matt and Kelly

I really like the upgrades to include characters from the films. I've always been a fan of the ride, but I can admit that I don't really remember the original version all that well.

I still like DL's version a lot more but I'm a big fan of what they have done to the ride since the movies came out.

cmatt

You spelt $*** wrong :ROFLOL:

I like it.

STOP COMPLAINING PEOPLE!!!! Im pretty sure thats all people do on here.
We are lucky that we have been on the rides to even complain about them. Some people will never get the chance to go.:king:

don't mock the afflicted... he cannot help being scottish :lol::lookaroun

Hate? No. Dislike? Yes. I find the Johnny Depps distracting and unecessary to be in more than one scene. The last one in the treasure room area is ok but the others, I try to ignore. But then again, I'm not really a fan of the POTC movies or Johnny Depp.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom