Anybody else excited about Magic Bands?

DDuckFan130

I go several times a year, so I'm lucky if I get 3 FP's during one trip lol. We do standby and if not, we FP, and if not we just skip it. So yes I'm excited. No biggie for me on the restrictions. But I guess we shall see.

CP_alum08

I can't give a full judgement on it until I get a chance to try it in a non-testing environment. As for the physical bands...I do like all the fun ways to dress them up.
Yes. So far I can't have too much judgment because I haven't tried it for myself yet. Right now it seems like its still an option whether you want to "opt in" and as long as it stays an option I think I'll be fine with it. If it becomes mandatory I think I will have more issues with it.

Also, we just recently moved and are no longer AP holders, which means our way of touring the parks will change as well. 4 months ago I would've hated the idea of losing sponteanitity for planning, but now our trips will require substantially more planning as a whole so maybe I will be more interested. Again, can't say for sure until I try it out.

jw24

The bands don't really concern me.
The FP+, on the other hand, does. Granted I get to the parks early and ensure I don't miss out on my favorite rides that happen to use the FP to begin with and ride those first. But I'm not loving limiting it to one park a day. Granted, I've never done park hopping myself but it's really inconvenient for people who do park hop for whatever reason. By accepting FP+, you need to have a set schedule for a set park every day. If you scheduled a FP+ for a certain day and you're really bothered by the rain or closes early by chance, you're out of luck in a way and feels like a wasted day. In the past, I've often planned my park visits based on the weather conditions and I've been fortunate they've turned out alright for the most part. But by using FP+, It almost feels like I need to plan my vacation earlier and put my trust in the weather report weeks in advance as opposed to a couple of days beforehand. In other words, if it happens to rain and I'm already booked at the MK on that exact day (A park where I'm not intrigued to visit in the rain for aesthetic purposes!), I'm toast. In this bizarre country, the weather can change in an instant. So it doesn't look like you can make last minute changes because of the freaky weather. Maybe you can, but from what I've read about the details, it's unlikely.

And like everyone has said, 3 a day seems too few. We've seen how rides frequently break down because of the crowds. If you've set a specific ride time and the ride happens to be closed or break down, what will be the policy? Same as before or something else? That hasn't been addressed, at all. Not everyone has a capable phone that can work the Disney World app that keeps all the latest up to date wait times and stuff nor do they have the app because they can't afford it.

I did read some very thoughtful comments about some FP+ drawbacks that were posted on earlier theads.
From @wdisney9000: "Simply being handed a FP by a CM that I can use for any attraction seems much more convenient and faster than having to go on my phone, open the MDE app and choose what ride I would like a FP for, especially with the spotty wi fi reception most phones get in the park. Who knows how long it will take for the app to process that. We don't even know how the MDE app will handle it. Will it give you a FP good for any ride or will you have to choose an attraction that still has FP's available? I would be upset if I had a FP for Splash Mtn for 6:30 pm and the ride gets shut down and now the MDE app will only let me change it to an attraction that still has FP's left for the day, (i.e. CoP or IASW.)"
From @Glasgow: "That can be very frustrating when multiple rides are broken down, not just from a capacity and crowd standpoint, but also from a planning aspect - you're always trying to catch up the rest of the day. Obviously it's easier for locals or people that go more often because they are more flexible, but for those that only go once a year or less it can be pretty tough to take .. the only thing you can do is try to stay patient"

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Been looking forward to them since I first read the first rumors about them a couple of years ago. So far the only thing about FP+ that I don't like is only being able to get them at one park per day and the current limit of 3.

draybook

Not that it really bothers me, but I'm confused about the FP+ part. I've seen many people on this board say they wish they could go back to pre-FP when the lines were constantly moving. Now, I know that 3 per day isn't exactly ridding it, but it's much less than the average family uses. Isn't that part of what they might be trying to do?

CP_alum08

Not that it really bothers me, but I'm confused about the FP+ part. I've seen many people on this board say they wish they could go back to pre-FP when the lines were constantly moving. Now, I know that 3 per day isn't exactly ridding it, but it's much less than the average family uses. Isn't that part of what they might be trying to do?
What?! Can't be, that would be WAY too logical :)

PUSH

FP+ is also extending to several other attractions, increasing the wait times for more stand by lines (ie: HM). So even if this does speed up lines, it's going to slow down others.

Who knows what's going to happen.

stevehousse

I like everything the bands do, but FP should have never in any way shape or form been packaged together with these bands!

The entire process seems so complicated! Reserving 60 days in advance, changing passes at the park and not being park hopper friendly are huge issues.

If fast pass wasn't apart of this, these bands would already be out in full force, but there are so many problems with it. Not to mention the wifi in the parks is awful!

And folks, once FP+ is fully operational, regular FP is going away! They will now have FP Hubs across the parks, so instead of waiting in long lines for rides, you will have to wait in long rides to obtain fast passes if u don't reserve them early before your stay.

I like how the bands act as your ticket and room key and payment option and dining credits that it keeps track of! That's nice not to have to worry about loosing a flimsy paper ticket, which was always my worst fear! I don't understand why they couldn't have kept the current FP version and allow just a swipe or your bracelet that can access your entire groups passes.

Tom Morrow

I really hope so. Its reached the point where the Fastpass line IS the "normal line", and almost everyone riding the FP attractions during busy hours is entering through Fastpass.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
And folks, once FP+ is fully operational, regular FP is going away! They will now have FP Hubs across the parks, so instead of waiting in long lines for rides, you will have to wait in long rides to obtain fast passes if u don't reserve them early before your stay.
I so hope this is right.
we didn't use 3 fastpasses a day for our entire vacation and hopefully it will eliminate the crazy run for FP that has become so common at a lot of the parks.As for the whole "not wanting to plan what you are going to ride 60 days out" I don't want to plan where i am going to eat 180 days out (sometimes i don't even know where i want to eat that morning) yet i have to..The only thing that i see as a negative is the one park per day rule thing.there are was around that though.
FP for MK in the morning 3 busy attractions on a busy MK day then head over to a quieter park for the afternoon,maybe ?

lilclerk

I'm torn. I like the idea of the band in theory, but I'm not sure how much I'll enjoy actually wearing it around.
I'm not excited at all for FP+, that's a whole different beast of failure.
I'm probably alone in this, but I'm also not excited for all the new interactive things/knowing my name stuff. I prefer anonymity, especially since I go solo sometimes. It's a bit creepy to be called out, IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom