Anybody else excited about Magic Bands?

Tomi-Rocket

Original Poster
All I see are complaints and people who don't want any part of the new Magic Bands while I'm excited about the prospect! Now, I am waiting to see what some true reviews say (like from WDWmagic fans) not what Disney releases before I decide whether or not we'll try them on our trip later this year (if offered by then). If reviews are bad we'll wait but if they're mostly positive we're in. I want purple.

But are there any others like me out there?

WDW 3

No! I'm not a fan of FP+. Yet. I don't know how it'll impact me. We stay at Shades of Green and can only get our tickets in person... on arrival. How will a lot of people prebooking FP effect me??

SyracuseOrange

While I'm potentially disappointed (since I haven't experienced it first hand yet and I hate how everyone on this boards claim they hate something before even trying it...) that I will be limited in my FP strategy, I'm still kind of excited. I'm a huge fan of technology, and I think once this is implemented on a wide scale, they are building something that can really grow & benefit the company.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
First of all - Love this comment:
I'm so excited I want to pay Disney to let me wear a tshirt to promote it before it even comes out. How's that for excitement!

To answer the OP's question: Not me.

Why?

Well it has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that Magic Bands come along with this little piece of skullduggery called FastPass+ which as we all should know by now, has this even bigger piece of skullduggery attached to it which limits you to 3 fast passes per day per park. I'm trying like he!! to wrap my mind around this concept and how they came to this "3" number and why they're trying to stick it to folks who park hop, but I can't seem to grasp it just yet.

All the other things that go along with Magic Bands, the RFID, the having to plan things 6 years in advance, even the RIDICULOUS t-shirt promotion (well maybe not that)...I can deal with.

The limit on fast passes with FastPass+ not soo much.

LizC

I'm excited about it. I am always interested to see/do something new when I visit WDW. While I may have chosen a few things over Magic Bands, I'll take it. I am a big planner when it comes to Disney, like I make spreadsheets, I know so sad, :rolleyes: so having more to plan will add to my fun.

Although, I do have some worries like not being able to get regular fast passes anymore since I park hop almost every day I am at WDW.

For now I will be excited for something new. :)

PrincessMia

I'm really excited about the MagicBands. That said, I will be severely disappointed if we can only get 3 FP/day. I already have my vacation planned out, and will only be in the same park for the entire day once the whole time. We're big on park hopping. I've read that some have been able to pre-book 3 FP/day, then get additional FP in person. This is what I'm hoping for. Please, please, please.

PUSH

I've gotten over the MagicBand itself for the most part. As well as MM+. The part I have major issues with is FP+.

Now given the choice would I rather have a card or a band? I'd definitely choose a card.

JIMINYCR

First of all - Love this comment:

To answer the OP's question: Not me.

Why?

Well it has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that Magic Bands come along with this little piece of skullduggery called FastPass+ which as we all should know by now, has this even bigger piece of skullduggery attached to it which limits you to 3 fast passes per day per park. I'm trying like he!! to wrap my mind around this concept and how they came to this "3" number and why they're trying to stick it to folks who park hop, but I can't seem to grasp it just yet.

All the other things that go along with Magic Bands, the RFID, the having to plan things 6 years in advance, even the RIDICULOUS t-shirt promotion (well maybe not that)...I can deal with.

The limit on fast passes with FastPass+ not soo much.

I park hop AND I utilize FP's. So limiting me to 3 FP :mad: in a day really is going to cut deep into my attack of the parks. I get to the park early and stay late, so under the new guidelines I'll either stand in the standby lines a heck of a lot more or I'll try jumping on the single rider lines. And no way am I going to get sucked in to buying accessories :confused: to put on the silly darned thing.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I park hop AND I utilize FP's. So limiting me to 3 FP :mad: in a day really is going to cut deep into my attack of the parks. I get to the park early and stay late, so under the new guidelines I'll either stand in the standby lines a heck of a lot more or I'll try jumping on the single rider lines. And no way am I going to get sucked in to buying accessories :confused: to put on the silly darned thing.

It's pure madness....on a slow day 3 fastpasses wouldn't come close to cutting it.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'm excited for it, though I'd prefer it if they kept the old style of distribution (unlimited for any park). Who knows what they'll do with it in time; the Magicbands have SO MUCH potential for being used well, so... we'll see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom