Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

jumblue

TT is my wife's favorite ride and thats why we originally pushed our trip to the first week of food and wine when they originally said it was to be completed. Now Dec 1st...what's taking so long!!!!!!!!

Well, considering the ray Flynn used to get into 'the Grid' could only zap one person at a time. Probably going to take awhile to upload all the props...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
TT is my wife's favorite ride and thats why we originally pushed our trip to the first week of food and wine when they originally said it was to be completed. Now Dec 1st...what's taking so long!!!!!!!!
In all fairness there was nothing official saying October. Just rumours.

As it is, I'm told Christmas will be a push.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Sometimes I think if Disney announced today they were breaking ground on a new Florida park that people would complain next week that it wasn't finished yet. o_O
Of course they would. After all, an Olive Garden restaurant can be built in 15 minutes so there is no reason that an entire theme park could not be built in 5 days.:rolleyes:

rle4lunch

I'd rather just head out to Anaheim and ride RSR, which is still going to be 1,000 times better than whatever they do to TT. It just isn't an exciting ride concept ... but those Racers ... and Ornament Valley, that is the best (without seeing in person yet) work I've seen in a Disney park this side of TDS.

I'll let everyone know how it is. I'll be heading up from San Diego there in a couple weeks to check it out.

t3techcom18

The word right now (and what is being told to CM's everywhere in the park) is Turkey Day, but whether it'll happen by then is debatable until further news comes down the pipeline...let's just say it would be EXTREMELY beneficial for WDW to have it open by then....

Gregoryp73

Based on the videos of RSR @ CA...i'm positive we will see the Mirror overlay technology on this ride (like the HM head switching). I'm thinking in multiple places as well. I'm looking forward to the upgrade inside the grid :)

WDW1974

You been smoking' some pixie dust, son?

Nope, I stopped over a decade ago. I CAN handle the truth.

But I give credit where it is due and RSRs and really all of Carsland and Buena Vista Street look to be detailed to a TDS level. It really looks great. I likely won't be able to give a first hand report until September.

HMF

Tis true, and honestly RSR is in every way better, I'm just trying to stand up for good old Test Track. But good thing Test Track is getting an update, especially the preshow video haha
Whether RSR is a better ride or not is irrelevant as far as Test Track is concerned since the Cars theming would be inappropriate thematically for Epcot. If WDW gets RSR it should be in DHS.

jt04

But I give credit where it is due and RSRs and really all of Carsland and Buena Vista Street look to be detailed to a TDS level. It really looks great.

Finally dawning I was right huh?

Man I hope and pray WDW gets RSR. It looks to be one of the best rides WDI has put out in a while. The Dark Ride portion looks INCREDIBLE!

NO RSR AT WDW PLEASE! It is just a short plane ride to experience RSR so why clone it in the states? I can see clones of lesser attractions but not something like RSR and Carsland. It is much better to get an entirely unique one of a kind major addition when talking about a land and attraction of this magnitude.

How about Star Wars on a CarsLand scale? Or LotR? Or Avatar? Oh wait, I guess we are getting that. Or Discovery Bay? Or Tomorrowland on a CarsLand scale? Or WRE? Unlimited possibilities.

janoimagine

But I give credit where it is due and RSRs and really all of Carsland and Buena Vista Street look to be detailed to a TDS level. It really looks great. I likely won't be able to give a first hand report until September.

Carsland and Buena Vista street are truly Old School Disney. Pictures do not do them justice, and radiator springs racers is everything a Disney E-Ticket use to be and more. My only complaint is Luigis Flying Tires ... I understand where it came from, but they couldn't get it to work in 50's and to be honest it hasn't changed all that much today.
Its an incredible addition to a now incredible park. I just wish some of this old school magic would make its way to the South East part of the country.

You are going to love it.

montyz81

Carsland and Buena Vista street are truly Old School Disney. Pictures do not do them justice, and radiator springs racers is everything a Disney E-Ticket use to be and more. My only complaint is Luigis Flying Tires ... I understand where it came from, but they couldn't get it to work in 50's and to be honest it hasn't changed all that much today.
Its an incredible addition to a now incredible park. I just wish some of this old school magic would make its way to the South East part of the country.
When they announce a $1.1 billion (Number used for California Adventure's redo) investment into Epcot, I bet you will say the same thing about all the rides there... Until that happens, there isn't much we can do about it.

misterID

DLR is Lasseter's own personal playland, WDW isn't. They have so much stuff in the pipeline it's ridiculous. WDW is still the ugly stepchild. The only way we'll get change: Stagg's moves to Florida and brings Lasseter with him.

RSoxNo1

Finally dawning I was right huh?

NO RSR AT WDW PLEASE! It is just a short plane ride to experience RSR so why clone it in the states? I can see clones of lesser attractions but not something like RSR and Carsland. It is much better to get an entirely unique one of a kind major addition when talking about a land and attraction of this magnitude.

How about Star Wars on a CarsLand scale? Or LotR? Or Avatar? Oh wait, I guess we are getting that. Or Discovery Bay? Or Tomorrowland on a CarsLand scale? Or WRE? Unlimited possibilities.
I know most people have you on ignore at this point, so I'm not sure if my response will even show up for them. I do agree with you though regarding RSR. I haven't been on it, it looks incredible, and I would ride it if it was in Florida. Having said that, I would much prefer something unique in Florida. Based on early response, I would think a Carsland in Florida would probably be RSR and Tow Mater's but no Flying Tires. I also think that it would have to be substantially less detailed than DCA's version. It would seem silly to clone absolutely everything.

What happens to fanboys is that they want they know. Historically, Disney excelled by bringing us stuff that we didn't know we wanted. It's been a problem for a while now that this has changed. "Oh, this is popular here, let's reproduce it here people will love it!" In many cases, this approach is successful but it doesn't make it right. Rehashing the same concepts is the quickest way for something to become stale.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom