Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

JEANYLASER

where is the signage of the new test track and can we some pictures of the new signage of the new test track! Does the new test track will have single rider and fastpass as well.:confused:

Californian Elitist

Don't agree. The FP issue out west is mostly space.. combined with lack of demand. Simply put.. DL lines are shorter than WDW.. almost universally. DL's cramped spaces makes FP a significant burden.

I would also make the distinction between 'average' and 'dominate'. The average as in 'model customer' is generally the same.. in fact in many ways has lower expectations than a WDW guest. They aren't expected that 'end to end' experience of the WDW resort.. they treat DL as a day or two thing.. they don't plan their trips out months in advance, etc. That is not the same as the DOMINATE by volume customer.. which is that 'I've been to the parks more times than I can count..' AP who grew up with the parks.

The model customer and dominate customer have different views on FP.. and generally it's because the 'hit the park for a few hours' guy has more negative than positives from FP. FP's implementation out there is mostly a function of form and lack of demand there. 45mins is a 'major' wait to DLR. The dominate demographic makes it so waits don't generally swell up because they just pass over the ride.. so lines rarely get huge. Without major lines.. FP has less value to the park. DL hasn't held back on FP because they are afraid of APs maxing it out... they simply don't want the hassle of it.

DL isn't afraid of that 'average' (by volume) AP customer abusing FP... its just in less demand out there due to the lower average waits and the hassles are significantly more for them. Why go through all the hassle when your dominate population doesn't really need it?

The expectations are different. When RSox mentioned our (Disneyland guests) expectations are high, I believe he/she was talking about the actual product, rather than the overall experience. It seems that WDW fans for the most part expect their overall experience to be a great one, while DLR fans for the most part expect everything offered in the parks to be in tip top shape.

flynnibus

Premium Member
How is WDW The ugly stepchild when it leads all Theme Park attendance records?

Just because someone is your top performer.. doesn't mean you treat it as such. If favoritism were predicated purely on agreeable metrics.. it wouldn't be favoritism now would it? :)

DLR has the advantage of being local to the 'home base' of both corporate and WDI. It also holds a favored spot in many of the leader's hearts. So one is loved.. the other is milked like a asset.

misterID

How is WDW The ugly stepchild when it leads all Theme Park attendance records?
Raven24 and Flynn both answered way better than I stated it. ;)

Think of it like this: WDW is Cinderella; she's the prettiest, sings like a bird, feet that can slip into glass slippers and is far superior than her horse faced stepsisters. But she's still holding the broom, sharing a room with mice, while horse face gets all the gifts. All because of the stepmother.

Californian Elitist

Raven24 and Flynn both answered way better than I stated it. ;)

Think of it like this: WDW is Cinderella; she's the prettiest, sings like a bird, feet that can slip into glass slippers and is far superior than her horse faced stepsisters. But she's still holding the broom, sharing a room with mice, while horse face gets all the gifts. All because of the stepmother.

Princess Aurora is more beautiful than Cindy, and can sing better too IMO. You were joking when you mentioned "horse face", right?

misterID

Jessica....
You do know that he is no longer working on the Jungle Cruise right? He has been given new responsibilities. Including at WDI.

HELLLLLOOOO. Anyone there? :rolleyes:
Yes, and show me the awesome new Lasseter led attractions at WDW... A Potter Swatter... Anything? McFly?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom