Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

G00fyDad

Doing it all at once considering it reopens in November. What you said sounds silly.

Its not a silly statement. Its actually a reasonable assumption given the way they are opening FLE. Yes, yes, yes, I know. That is a "land" while this is an attraction. But you see the similarities.

Would they do this refurb in sections? Like, could they finish the ride portion first and open it up, and wall off the pre and post show? Or is this going to be a complete finish and then open.

Not likely. They will probably want to get it all done at once and just open it at the same time. They don't usually do that to an attraction. It might have seemed that way at times, like with the Winnie the Pooh ride still running with construction walls up all over the place inside, but they usually do not like to open a ride before it is done.

TP2000

Of course it's retro...it was used in an advertising campaign in the 1950's! I believe I've seen clips of Dinah Shore signing it when she was about 25 years old.

The song See The USA In Your Chevrolet is one of the most famous commercial jingles of all time. It premeired in 1952 and was sung by Dinah Shore in TV and radio ads. It then became the title song in 1956 on the Dinah Shore Chevy Show, a TV variety show, and the song was sung each week by Dinah Shore at the end of the show. It was also used in TV commercials extensively on other networks, and when the Dinah Shore Chevy Show went off the air in 1963, Chevrolet kept using the song in its advertising through the 1960's. It reappeared on occasion, or was referenced in other Chevy jingles, in the 1970's and 80's.

There were literally dozens of different TV commercials using the song for two decades, but here's a short clip of Dinah ending one of her TV shows in the early 1960's with the jingle and her signature "M-Wah!" goodnight kiss to the audience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkzGqzRLq4g

In 2011 the cast of the TV show Glee reprised the jingle in a big musical production commercial during the Super Bowl. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMSKBvaNLN0

It's one of the most famous jingles in American advertising history, in the greatest land of all. It would be fun if it ended up in the new Chevrolet version of Test Track!

Captain Neo

The song See The USA In Your Chevrolet is one of the most famous commercial jingles of all time. It premeired in 1952 and was sung by Dinah Shore in TV and radio ads. It then became the title song in 1956 on the Dinah Shore Chevy Show, a TV variety show, and the song was sung each week by Dinah Shore at the end of the show. It was also used in TV commercials extensively on other networks, and when the Dinah Shore Chevy Show went off the air in 1963, Chevrolet kept using the song in its advertising through the 1960's. It reappeared on occasion, or was referenced in other Chevy jingles, in the 1970's and 80's.

There were literally dozens of different TV commercials using the song for two decades, but here's a short clip of Dinah ending one of her TV shows in the early 1960's with the jingle and her signature "M-Wah!" goodnight kiss to the audience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkzGqzRLq4g

In 2011 the cast of the TV show Glee reprised the jingle in a big musical production commercial during the Super Bowl. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMSKBvaNLN0

It's one of the most famous jingles in American advertising history, in the greatest land of all. It would be fun if it ended up in the new Chevrolet version of Test Track!

really? I never even heard of it until I saw it in this thread yesterday and I'm fairly confident if I asked random people in the street or at a college or mall they probably would have no idea what it is either.

TP2000

really? I never even heard of it until I saw it in this thread yesterday and I'm fairly confident if I asked random people in the street or at a college or mall they probably would have no idea what it is either.

Yeah, really. It's why General Motors approved Disney to use their trademarked Chevy song in front of the pavilion they are sponsoring. Because it's one of the most famous jingles in American advertising history, and they still own the copyright on it and can roll it out to new 21st century audiences.

But college kids, mall rats, or anyone under the age of 50? Sure, they probably wouldn't know the jingle aside from the Glee Super Bowl spot last year.

But anyone over the age of 50 would know the song, and could likely hum a few bars and sing a few lines for you. I know I could. :D

Performance is sweeter, nothing could beat 'er, life is completer in a Chevy! So make a date today to see the USA, and see it in your Chevrolet!

For the record though, completer is not a word.

go3epcot

Original Poster
My student group will be in Epcot on November 30th! If the expected opening is December 1st, I would hope that the "soft-openings" will be in full effected by then!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

Anybody younger than 40 who didn't grow up in Detroit probably wouldn't be able to place it, even if they sort of recognized it. Smart move for Chevy to use it -- I agree. It is rather like Disney bringing back the Orange Bird, but that's a discussion for another thread....:lookaroun

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Yeah, really. It's why General Motors approved Disney to use their trademarked Chevy song in front of the pavilion they are sponsoring. Because it's one of the most famous jingles in American advertising history, and they still own the copyright on it and can roll it out to new 21st century audiences.

But college kids, mall rats, or anyone under the age of 50? Sure, they probably wouldn't know the jingle aside from the Glee Super Bowl spot last year.

But anyone over the age of 50 would know the song, and could likely hum a few bars and sing a few lines for you. I know I could. :D

Performance is sweeter, nothing could beat 'er, life is completer in a Chevy! So make a date today to see the USA, and see it in your Chevrolet!

For the record though, completer is not a word.

Somewhat surprisingly to me, it turns out that at least some dictionaries do think it is a word, inlcluding the one used in scrabble games.

Brian Noble

As a noun, though, not an adjective. From the OED:

completer, n.
View as: Outline |Full entryQuotations: Show all |Hide all
Pronunciation: /kəmˈpliːtə(r)/
Etymology: < complete v. + -er suffix1.
Thesaurus »

One who completes.

1701 G. Whitehead Truth Prevalent 123 The Efficient Cause, Worker, and Compleater of this Baptism.
1868 G. MacDonald Robert Falconer I. 243 We shall have‥more modifiers and completers, and fewer inventors.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
That's what I thought -- completer as noun. But Webter's has it an adjective, noting that the progressiong is "complete", "completer", "completest". :shrug: Copied below.

com·plete adj \kəm-ˈplēt\
com·plet·er com·plet·est

1a : having all necessary parts, elements, or steps <a complete diet> b : having all four sets of floral organs c of a subject or predicate : including modifiers, complements, or objects

07vanquish

Updates for Test Track 2.0?

Does anyone have any new info on the Test Track Refurb?
What I'm really curious about is the Cool Wash right outside, will it return to its former glory or kick the bucket?

announcement-about-test-track.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Does anyone have any new info on the Test Track Refurb?
What I'm really curious about is the Cool Wash right outside, will it return to its former glory or kick the bucket?

announcement-about-test-track.jpg

It is still there at present. No news that I know of about what will happen to it.

xmll001

Take it for what's it worth, Tour guide on the Hidden Future World tour said Test Track will be brought to you by Chrysler when it reopens.:zipit:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom