Any updates on JII 4 rumors?

WDWGoof07

Original Poster
Haven't heard any new rumors lately about JII 4. Any insiders have anything new report, or is it on hold? ('cause I know DHS is their priority right now)

raven

Let's hope they utilize some of the old ride path under the current queue area when they do. The ride was much longer back then and the path still exists.

I'd love to see it restored to it's original beauty but I think that's a long shot.

WDWGoof07

Original Poster
Not on hold - it`s still very much a goer. They just know they have to get it right this time.
Good to know it's still in the works. Probably just not on the fast track from the look of it. I agree - they've got to get it right this time. Any chance the Dreamfinder will reunite with Figment? (of course something original would be welcome)

Let's hope they utilize some of the old ride path under the current queue area when they do. The ride was much longer back then and the path still exists.
Hopefully Disney will make the ride longer again. If they can take down the entire Horizons pavilion and Contemporary north wing, then the cost of demolition shouldn't be a deterrent, especially since the infrastructure is in place to extend the ride again. I'd be especially happy if they brought Image Works back upstairs where it belongs, too.

RSoxNo1

I've said this a few times, as I think it's the only decent imagineering idea that I've had. I would love to see a JII imagination ride with Figment and Dream Finder discussing some of the concepts done at imagineering. If not the ride, then perhaps a post show experience. I feel that this type of thing would be a very cool take on the Imagination concept, as it would celebrate some of the thoughts and ideas of the creative geniuses at Imagineering, it could also be a home for some of those long lost models.

jt04

I've said this a few times, as I think it's the only decent imagineering idea that I've had. I would love to see a JII imagination ride with Figment and Dream Finder discussing some of the concepts done at imagineering. If not the ride, then perhaps a post show experience. I feel that this type of thing would be a very cool take on the Imagination concept, as it would celebrate some of the thoughts and ideas of the creative geniuses at Imagineering, it could also be a home for some of those long lost models.

I agree 100%. It'a perfect fit. Epcot, Imagination and Imagineering. Talk about great source material.

As long as Figment is still in it then I am sure that it will be great whatever it is. I don't think they got it wrong this time, they tried to see how easily they could fix the wrong they did with JII 2. I do believe they need to gut the buidling and try again. Then again if they do that I may have to actually wait in line for the ride!!!!

bigtotoro

The current rumor is that no matter how they do it, 40% of the people here will be bitter and angry about it. And at least 10% will pop up and say how much they loved it the way it was (this time) and that they never should have changed it.

Omnimover

That would be a nice step in the right direction. Aside from differing in specific requests re: theming and content, I think people generally want to see this attraction elevated back to an E-Ticket instead of the low-grade D that it we currently have. Back in the early Epcot days, when the park was the Land of 1,000 Long Dark Rides, the Imagination attraction was a monster of popularity due not to thrills but the very high level of quality in the ride show itself. Getting back to that would likely require a much more involved ride experience, and a longer ride is pretty much required for that to happen.

I'll agree with everyone above that those involved in the revamp are probably very aware that they need to get it exactly right this time. Third revamp's the charm?

MousDad

I'm all for a JII rebuild. But I think it would be better for Epcot as a whole to rebuild WOL and add 1 brand new attraction before tackling the Imagination pavilion.

hpyhnt 1000

With JII Version 4.0, will Eric Idle and the Imagination Institute be making an appearence again, or will the Imagination Institute theming be dropped to make way far new theming for the pavilion?

MattyFresh

I say trash HISTA and you have all the room to make one awesome reunion with Dreamfinder, Figment, and bring back a updated Image Works. Completely abandon the whole Imagination Institute idea.

Skyway

Ages ago there was talk (and possible confirmation on an independent film bio website?) that Jack Black had been tapped to play Dreamfinder in both the attraction and the 3D movie. At first I was leery, but the more i think about it, he would be an excellent choice.

His cartoonish facial expressions, his singing ability, and his youthful relevance (unlike Martin Short, Jack Black is just beginning a long career) would make him the perfect co-host. He wouldn't be anything like the original Dreamfinder, but as long as its done well, it won't matter. (Speaking of the original, I read in an interview recently that Ron Schneider was now working "behind the scenes" at the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. I wonder if he's been approached to do JII again).

I always thought JII would be the perfect candidate for the TDL "Pooh's Hunny Hunt" trackless vehicles. I can just imagine those vehicles bouncing around with other guests in a psychedelic environment to the tune of "One Little Spark".

JWG

The current rumor is that no matter how they do it, 40% of the people here will be bitter and angry about it. And at least 10% will pop up and say how much they loved it the way it was (this time) and that they never should have changed it.

And the remaining 50% will argue it should have been remade into Version I, but thank goodness version II is forever forgotten. This will all be done gently petting their Figment plush toy.

It's ok for me to make fun of this group as I'll probably be in it :p

Ages ago there was talk (and possible confirmation on an independent film bio website?) that Jack Black had been tapped to play Dreamfinder in both the attraction and the 3D movie. At first I was leery, but the more i think about it, he would be an excellent choice".

That's the worst idea i have ever heard, Jack Black is an idiot I hope that never happens!:fork:

imagineer boy

You know, its really a shame that the Imagination Institute idea wasn't executed right in the last two rehabs, because it was really a good idea. If I were to have to rehab done my way, I'd have it done like this.

PurpleDragon

While I'm not a huge Jack Black fan, I will admit he is very talented and knows how to make people laugh. I think if given the proper guidance he could really bring a new vibrance to the Dreamfinder character.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom