Any updates on JII 4 rumors?

Legacy

:eek:

Do you guys WANT to see the new ride closed in a few months AGAIN?

Admittedly,MTR was a pretty good movie,but I don't think it's ride worthy...In EPCOT.TL though..:cool:

I like a routine to things...

Candlelight at Epcot.

Not being able to see the lions on Kilamenjaro.

And Imagination needing to be redone.

Thiger

I loved the original JII due to teh fact that while i was really young, it showed me that its' not only ok to be creative, but its an amazing thing. Now as an adult, I find the eric idle imagination to have 1/5th the impact. I would love to see a revised version of JII featuring Dreamfinder, Figment and the idea that 'imagination is a wonderful thing to be cherished'.

It doesn't even have to be embedded with tons of technology but just really great ideas. Inspire the riders to draw, read, act, sing, dance like the original did.

Legacy

I really need to pull out my, "Search for Dreamfinder," script that I did up that incorporated some of the more compelling aspects of all three iterations.

aladdin2007

It doesn't even have to be embedded with tons of technology but just really great ideas. Inspire the riders to draw, read, act, sing, dance like the original did.[/quote]

Exactly, leave screen technology out of it, do not put monitors in the vehicles, ugg, give us eye candy and surroundings again.

MousDad

Ah...It might be a stretch but it could work.Do you have any ideas for it?

Obviously, it would have to hinge around Lewis and his inventive skills. I just think the look of the film would lend itself really well to a 4D attraction. Besides, they gotta do something in the parks for those poor folks over at WDFA.

The real challenge would be how do you make it tie in the pavilion as a whole with Figment (and Dreamfinder). Can't be any more of a stretch than HISTA, though.

tirian

Obviously, it would have to hinge around Lewis and his inventive skills. I just think the look of the film would lend itself really well to a 4D attraction. Besides, they gotta do something in the parks for those poor folks over at WDFA.

When I first saw this post, I though you were referring to Lewis Carroll's Alice books. I thought, "That would be so cool to have a Timekeeper-style film with Dreamfinder, Carroll, and other imaginative people!"

Then I realized you were talking about MTR and lost interest. :lol: ;)

EPCOT Explorer

When I first saw this post, I though you were referring to Lewis Carroll's Alice books. I thought, "That would be so cool to have a Timekeeper-style film with Dreamfinder, Carroll, and other imaginative people!"

Then I realized you were talking about MTR and lost interest. :lol: ;)

OOOH!That would be cool...I loved TK.Verne Wells and 9 Eye could all make a wonderful return!:king:

It's improbible though...

But not impossible!
:sohappy:

I do like the MTR idea too though.

Dragonrider1227

Remember when "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" came out and almost everyone called Wonka weird and a little "Michael Jackson-esque?"

The Dream Port concept was a great concept, and the Dreamfinder was always a good character that never seemed to bring out the complaints that Johnny Depp's portrayal of Willy Wonka had. I've also heard it was believed Dreamfinder was a bit dated, but I always thought a shave and maybe an updated wardrobe was all he needed. An updated version of the old ride with current technology would probably blow us all away.

As for HISTA, how about a 3D film that takes you to Imaginationland, only the bad parts of the imagination have taken over and only children can imagine how the good will win! The battle scenes would be amazing! (Sorry I had to :animwink:).
Wonka was supposed to be weird. Kinda half the point of his character ad Michael-Jackson-esque? Really? :confused: Depp's Wonka was cool! I didn't say they should TURN The Dreamfinder into Wonka, just give the ride itself a similar format. Doesn't the idea of Dreamfinder and Figment running a magical, colorful, factory where the greatest of imaginative ideas are made seem interesting?

tirian

Doesn't the idea of Dreamfinder and Figment running a magical, colorful, factory where the greatest of imaginative ideas are made seem interesting?

At the end of the ride, they could "scan" your brain and the results would come up on screens. A random Guest's head would always show up empty. :lol:

Legacy

I would like to read that...Pull it up!:D

Eh... it's on the computer that's in storage.

General idea is that Figment misses an old friend. Prof. Channing agrees to help find this friend for Figment, so both of them start to explore the institute. The end up in an old storage room that holds various items from the original attraction (the blimp, Dreamfinders hat, etc.) and Figment uses his imagination to bring them to life while teaching Nigel to loosen up and let his imagination free. Eventually, Figment remembers what he needs to do and, as things come full circle, Figment recreates Dreamfinder the same way Dreamfinder created Figment (with "One Little Spark"). The finale is the Dreamport, where Nigel thanks both Figment and Dreamfinder for helping show him just how powerful the imagination truly is.

EPCOT Explorer

Eh... it's on the computer that's in storage.

General idea is that Figment misses an old friend. Prof. Channing agrees to help find this friend for Figment, so both of them start to explore the institute. The end up in an old storage room that holds various items from the original attraction (the blimp, Dreamfinders hat, etc.) and Figment uses his imagination to bring them to life while teaching Nigel to loosen up and let his imagination free. Eventually, Figment remembers what he needs to do and, as things come full circle, Figment recreates Dreamfinder the same way Dreamfinder created Figment (with "One Little Spark"). The finale is the Dreamport, where Nigel thanks both Figment and Dreamfinder for helping show him just how powerful the imagination truly is.
In any case,it sounds like fun.
I don't think Robin Williams is a good idea either. I always thought Clive Pearse from Designed to Sell on HGTV would be a good choice though...

To each his own,I guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom