Any un-magical moments happen to you?

sublimesting

I will try not to be too graphic while describing what happened to me one year.
It was back in 2000. My wife and I decided to eat at Pecos Bill's. We both had the same thing: cheeseburger and fries. The only exception being that I loaded up on the pickle slices at the condiment bar. Later that evening back at the hotel, I began to have severe stomach cramps. The pain was so intense, I thought maybe it was my apendix. Then without any warning, it hit me. Here's where I'll try not to be too graphic. I had no control of my bowels. It literally started to just run out of me like water. The worst case I ever had. I was so thankful that I was in our hotel room because it would have been the most embarassing moment of my life if we had been in the park. It was so awful. :cry: I had to spend the entire night in the toilet for fear of ruining the bed. Hope I'm not grossing anybody out.
It had to be from the pickles. That was the only thing I had that my wife didn't and she had absolutely no signs of illness. I felt a little better in the morning, but my stomach was still making strange noises. I had to run to the restroom at least 25 times that day (no exagerating) for fear of having an accident.
After taking a lot of imodium and PeptoBismol, it finally faded away the second day. Looking back now, I probably should have reported this to Disney. I have always wondered if anyone else got sick. Needless to say, I now avoid the condiment bar at Pecos Bill's like the plague. That's my not-so-magical Disney moment.

There really is nothing magical about that at all....or perhaps magic is the only way to explain it. Perhaps you were hexed. Sorry i just finished HArry Potter book 5 last night and I am on a roll reading them (it took me 3 months to get through the first 5 books)

Imagine if you were on Soarin'!!!!:zipit::cry::lol:

bgraham34

I will leave my two not much fun airline stories out of it. I will just say once I spent the night in Atlanta and the second I threw up on a plane.

As far as not so magical moment in Disney. How about someone accusing you of stealing their wallet because i bumped into them. The guy started to swing at me. I had security talking with me among others. The ordeal lasted an hour. Turns out his son took his wallet when him and his mom went onto Peter Pan.

TigerLily_CM

I will leave my two not much fun airline stories out of it. I will just say once I spent the night in Atlanta and the second I threw up on a plane.

As far as not so magical moment in Disney. How about someone accusing you of stealing their wallet because i bumped into them. The guy started to swing at me. I had security talking with me among others. The ordeal lasted an hour. Turns out his son took his wallet when him and his mom went onto Peter Pan.

well his son is obviously a pirate...did you ever get an apology (just curious)

bobjl527

There really is nothing magical about that at all....or perhaps magic is the only way to explain it. Perhaps you were hexed. Sorry i just finished HArry Potter book 5 last night and I am on a roll reading them (it took me 3 months to get through the first 5 books)

Gross....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

TigerLily_CM

I will try not to be too graphic while describing what happened to me one year.
It was back in 2000. My wife and I decided to eat at Pecos Bill's. We both had the same thing: cheeseburger and fries. The only exception being that I loaded up on the pickle slices at the condiment bar. Later that evening back at the hotel, I began to have severe stomach cramps. The pain was so intense, I thought maybe it was my apendix. Then without any warning, it hit me. Here's where I'll try not to be too graphic. I had no control of my bowels. It literally started to just run out of me like water. The worst case I ever had. I was so thankful that I was in our hotel room because it would have been the most embarassing moment of my life if we had been in the park. It was so awful. :cry: I had to spend the entire night in the toilet for fear of ruining the bed. Hope I'm not grossing anybody out.
It had to be from the pickles. That was the only thing I had that my wife didn't and she had absolutely no signs of illness. I felt a little better in the morning, but my stomach was still making strange noises. I had to run to the restroom at least 25 times that day (no exagerating) for fear of having an accident.
After taking a lot of imodium and PeptoBismol, it finally faded away the second day. Looking back now, I probably should have reported this to Disney. I have always wondered if anyone else got sick. Needless to say, I now avoid the condiment bar at Pecos Bill's like the plague. That's my not-so-magical Disney moment.

BEWARE THE TAINTED PICKLE!!! I never really though about how exposed those topping bars were until my friend picked up a pickle with her hand and decided she didn't want it and dropped it back on the pickle pile :eek: I ended up taking it and setting on the side of my plate because i thought a manhandled pickle was not an appropriate topping for the next person but...how often does that happen I wonder?

As for the person who pictured you on Soarin'...i think we could turn this into a fully immersive 4-D experience at Disney...there appears to be a lot of bodily projectiles on this thread...maybe it could be a new attraction, you know like "A Bug's Life" when you see , hear and smell the stink bug...we're just talking a totally different kind of bug here :)

Not for the faint of heart (or stomach though) :lol:

bobjl527

BEWARE THE TAINTED PICKLE!!! I never really though about how exposed those topping bars were until my friend picked up a pickle with her hand and decided she didn't want it and dropped it back on the pickle pile :eek: I ended up taking it and setting on the side of my plate because i thought a manhandled pickle was not an appropriate topping for the next person but...how often does that happen I wonder?

Ah-ha....so she was the culprit :ROFLOL:! LOL.

You know, as gross as this thread is, it's actually adding a little sick humor to my day. Guess I just like hearing about everyones awful times.:D

kingtrmpt

3 months! It took me 5 days for the first 5 books. Order of the Phoenix was a marathon; it took 18 straight hours of reading to get through that one. The last two books I read the night they came out. Perhaps I am just a fast reader?

As to the original post, Bobgl527 that's too bad that you got sick off the toppings bar at Pecos Bill's. That is actually one of my favorite things about the restauraunt.

sublimesting

3 months! It took me 5 days for the first 5 books. Order of the Phoenix was a marathon; it took 18 straight hours of reading to get through that one. The last two books I read the night they came out. Perhaps I am just a fast reader?

As to the original post, Bobgl527 that's too bad that you got sick off the toppings bar at Pecos Bill's. That is actually one of my favorite things about the restauraunt.

No, I can see that easily! I only have about an hour of free time each night but next Monday I have to travel for 17 hours each way to and from Ecuador and expect to finish 6 and 7. I was not too into HP until my wife forced me to read book 1 by reading it to me on the way to and from work one week. They are so great and I don't understand why. I really care about the made up characters. Last night as I was reading I was like "Why is Malfoy still allowed in school!!!" and my wife says "Honey, he doesn't exist... none of them do...." Oddly enough my uncle maintains that they do exist as there is way too much detail in the books that one person couldn't make all that up and have it mesh so well...:lookaroun

sublimesting

OMG! I can't believe I forgot the most unmagical thing ever...this may beat you all, unfortunatley for me. The DW and I were driving down last year and were in traffic when we see the cutest puppy running across oppossing traffics three lanes, he crossed the median (by now everyone was stopping) crossed the lane to our left crossed in fromt of us and the truck to our right crushed him. He flipped into the air and got squashed again. The wife screamed 'Oh my God!" and started bawling. Man, that totally ruined the first day of our trip...we couldn't get it out of our head. My wife's repeated screams of "Oh my God he's dead!" still are haunting and make me sad.

eliezrah

We have always had great trips to WDW, all of them very magical no complaints. The last trip we just took this past April we had a run in with a foul mouthed older woman, who was obviously overheated and exhausted, try to pop my 1 1/2yr old daughter's balloon while we waited for Spectromagic to begin. We are very responsible balloon owners, we keep a " ring" of respect around our stroller (where the balloon was neatly tied so it wouldn't bump anyone) but it wasn't good enough for this woman. She had a hissy fit on it then took a pen out of her purse and tried to pop it. I kept my composure (it was difficult) and told her stop, then was told by her "to get that Fn balloon away from me NOW!" I told her not to stand there and she clenched her fists and belted out "I'll FN pop your FN balloon if you don't FN move out of my way!" It killed me not to take her pen and poke her eyeballs out with it because not only was my little girl was watching and listening but there were other children around doing the same! My Husband is so calm about these things and said "Tell ya what, give me the $10.00 I paid for the balloon and do what you want with it!" and was sort of shaking his head at her, then added "There is no need to be so upset, there are children around." Well that set her off again! The poison that poured from her rotten mouth just got worse, so I started looking for a CM or security to help flush her out, but there was enough of people around that everyone sort of got her to move on. (with her totally embarressed family that never said a word!) So, yeah, I'll never forget the balloon lady, oh the sunshine she must spread around must be lovely!
Ohhh I'd be upset as well! You don't go after kids no matter what! I know my kids remember everything and talk about the bad sometimes more than the good, which I hate. And you wouldn't want to be around me if I ever heard anyone talk like that in front of young kids!!! {{HUGS}}

joanna71985

OMG! I can't believe I forgot the most unmagical thing ever...this may beat you all, unfortunatley for me. The DW and I were driving down last year and were in traffic when we see the cutest puppy running across oppossing traffics three lanes, he crossed the median (by now everyone was stopping) crossed the lane to our left crossed in fromt of us and the truck to our right crushed him. He flipped into the air and got squashed again. The wife screamed 'Oh my God!" and started bawling. Man, that totally ruined the first day of our trip...we couldn't get it out of our head. My wife's repeated screams of "Oh my God he's dead!" still are haunting and make me sad.

:cry::cry::cry:

That is so sad!

Dragonrider1227

I have one. It didn't exactly ruin our vacation but it wasn't what i'd call a "magical moment" either. We decided to leave the Magic Kingdom and get some lunch so we went to this large Mcdonalds somewhere on property. My mom and I decided to get the fish sandwich. We had them, they were good, and we headed back. Well, apparently deep fried fish and Florida June heat do NOT mix because within minutes of returning to the MK my mom and I rushed over to the near Bathroom in Main Street and had to make a major number 2. We didn't get sick, we were just find afterwards and were even able to laugh it off, but I must've spent at least 10 minutes on the John. Not exactly what I'd call a magical "E Ticket" experience, but it was certainly a ride :ROFLOL:

kristalovesWDW

Original Poster
Ah-ha....so she was the culprit :ROFLOL:! LOL.

You know, as gross as this thread is, it's actually adding a little sick humor to my day. Guess I just like hearing about everyones awful times.:D

ROFL. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make this thread gross in any way. I think people are just writing about gross stories because I started this topic off in a gross way (about me getting sick and throwing up in my mom's hands walking into magic kingdom my very first time)....haha. i was really just expecting bad airline stories.

Iknewagirlnamed

We had one a couple of weeks ago. This one was not the fault of Disney nor did it even happen at Disney, but it was unmagical.

We had bought tickets for Universal and Mears was to pick us up at 8:10. OK, about 8:20 they got there, not too late, but since we were going to try both Universal parks in one day, we wanted to be there when the park opened.

Well, the Mears rep did not tell us that they would leave All Star Sports and go to All Star Movies, then Coronado Springs, then Pop Century before heading over to Universal. Nor did they tell us that they would be stopping by Sea World and Discovery Cove before going to Universal.

After dropping some guests at Sea World, the driver leaves, drives by Discovery Cove and when a passenger brought it to his attention, he told us that he has missed the entrance to DC and would have to turn around. Well, he turned onto a street where construction was going on, so police made traffic detour around another street. He FINALLY made it to DC and we got to Universal Studios at 9:35. A 20 minute trip had lasted 1 hour and fifteen minutes.
Same here. I wanted to be there at opening, but by the time the bus got there and I actually arrived at the park entrance, it was probably 9:30-ish. Luckily that was on a January day that was completely dead. All the lines were pretty much walk on.

Mystic

One of my not so magical moments happened on the last trip my mom and I took in December 2006. The day for me had started with waking up to a migraine from sitting under the massive spotlights on Main Street for an hour the night before waiting for the parade at MVMCP. I took my migraine medication and we headed off to AK for the day. By mid-morning my migraine was gone and we decided to give Everest a try. Boy was that a mistake. Not five minutes after getting off of Everest, my migraine returned worse than it had been when I had gotten up that morning. We went to get lunch at Restaurantasaurus so I could take another dose of medication, only the scraping of the chairs on the wood-like metal flooring was aggravating the migraine. After lunch I had to head back to the WL, which in itself was a fun trip since I now had 2 doses of heavy migraine medication in my system and seeing the scenery flying by the bus windows was putting me to sleep. I had to fight to stay awake long enough to make it back to our room. (Drowsiness is a side affect of the medication). I decided to sleep off my migraine for a few hours. When I got up a couple hours later, my migraine was gone but I was still feeling some of the other side affects of the medication, like I was a little out of it as it tends to make me a little spacey. Well my mom and I headed off to Epcot for our dinner ADR's at Rose & Crown. We were seated out on the patio facing World Showcase Lagoon and dinner was progressing fine, with the exception of the waitress not bringing me a refill on my drink (the medication also tends to make me quite thirsty) but I did have my water bottle with me. A family of 3 was seated between us and the lagoon across the small aisleway and they proceed to monopolize the waitress by asking her to describe everything on the menu and questioning her about what 'chips' were, not understanding that British chips are not like Lays or Hostess potato chips but french fries. They even went so far as to ask her why they couldn't just say french fries if that's what they were. My mom and I got a bit of a chuckle out of it actually. While we were waiting to get our entrees I was sitting looking out over the lagoon, still feeling a a little spacey and not really paying the slightest bit of attention to the family opposite us when all of a sudden the woman snaps at me about how she knows her husband can be quite annoying at times. It took me a minute to realize what she was saying and that she was actually talking to me so I didn't react right away. When I told her I wasn't even paying the slightest bit of attention to her or her husband (they were fighting over what their son was going to eat and if he could use a steak knife or not) I was actually looking out at the lagoon, I heard her give a little huff of annoyance and she turned back to her husband. My mom and I finished our dinners and left. I never did get my drink refill even though I must have asked 3 different waitresses for one.

Phonedave

2. This involved the bus from Wilderness Lodge to Typhoon Lagoon. It was about 12 and we waited an hour for the bus, and we didnt realize but it also stops at so many other places and it took forever to get to typhoon lagoon. By the time we got there, we didnt even care anymore. We just went to the wave pool. Then, the park was overun by those brazillian tour groups. It was crazy!!!!!!! The kids had no repsect. They were pushing and shoving. My cousin got knocked over and got a scrape on her elbow. We were trying to get on the lazy river, and when we got free tubes and tried to get in them, they literally tried to push us away and take them. Then trying to get out og the lazy river was crazy. We could not get out!! They crowded the steps. We had to climb out over the side through some bushes. Then, there were brazillian kids sleeping all over the pathways. They like pulled up some rocks and put their towels on them as pillows. PEople were tripping all over them. I dont know what the problem was, but disney was not on top of them that day. We eventually left because it was just very unenjoyable and went to the pool at the WL villas. I dont have aything agaisnt foreigners, but that day was just rediculous. When we left the park we found out it was closed because it was filled to capacity.

I was at the WL and was heading somwhere else, but whatever it was the bus made a stop at TL There was myself and one other guy on the bus (it was the middle of the day). As we are on the road, it starts to rain. We pull into TL and there is a Brazillian tour group there leaving in a rush because of the rain. There were about 50 young women wearing bathing suits packed onto that bus with me and the other guy. The bus dropped them off, and the other guy looks at me with a big smile and says "they should make that a regular ride". Then the driver says "It made my day".

Oh wait, this thread is about unmagical experences :)

-dave

Eyorefan

I don't remember this, but my mom LOVES telling this story.

Many years ago we celebrated my birthday while I was in Disney world. I was turning 4. On my actual birthday we had reservation to eat breakfest on the Emperoress Lily (see how long ago this was?) Anyway while we were waiting to get on the boat my mom starts talking about what a great birthday I'm going to have. I start crying. Balling. "I don't want want my birthday here! I want to go to McDonalds!" So my older sisters are telling me how cool its going to be and how I'm going to get to meet Tigger (who was my favoirate). And the whole time we were out there I just kept crying, "This is not my birthday! My birthday is at McDondals!"

Once I got in there I got over it, but I imagine it probably wasn't the most magical moment for my family. :brick:

TigerLily_CM

I don't remember this, but my mom LOVES telling this story.

Many years ago we celebrated my birthday while I was in Disney world. I was turning 4. On my actual birthday we had reservation to eat breakfest on the Emperoress Lily (see how long ago this was?) Anyway while we were waiting to get on the boat my mom starts talking about what a great birthday I'm going to have. I start crying. Balling. "I don't want want my birthday here! I want to go to McDonalds!" So my older sisters are telling me how cool its going to be and how I'm going to get to meet Tigger (who was my favoirate). And the whole time we were out there I just kept crying, "This is not my birthday! My birthday is at McDondals!"

Once I got in there I got over it, but I imagine it probably wasn't the most magical moment for my family. :brick:

yeah, my mom has a story of me at that age...we were at the sirport getting on a bus to go to our Disney resort. I was pretending to be Snow White but my mom wasn't calling me Snow White so in front of everyone I screamed "THAT IS NOT MY NAME AND YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER!!!"

...and not one person did a thing as she hauled me on the bus :shrug: if that happened today my mom would probably have been arrested!

eliezrah

I'm guessing my parent's most unmagical moment was the one time they took us to WDW way back when I was probably about 2 or 3 years old. I loved Raggedy Ann but when we saw her I was terrified. I vaguely remember screaming and crying but of course my mom picked me and up and she and RA held me together and my dad got a "great" pic of my tear streamed face with while I was smooshed between Raggedy Ann and my mom!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom