Any news on The Tiki Room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
just asking
weren't other things at WDW closed for refurb only to be closed permanently?:shrug: (20k,river country,imageworks,wonders of life,pleasure island, millenium village)

added a few more :wave:

menamechris

I definitely think that it is not a coincidence that Gilbert Gottfried went way to far and the next day Disney announces that the Tiki Room is having an extended make-over. Most hated the new show anyway.

It's too bad the featured voice actor has to do something politically incorrect to facilitate change. It wasn't enough that the show sucked and people didn't like it?

just asking
weren't other things at WDW closed for refurb only to be closed permanently?:shrug: (20k,river country)

20,000 Leagues was a nightmare to manage and keep under operation, among a handful of equally bad things. I don't know my history on River Country, but I'm pretty certain The Tiki Room has none of these issues. It will most assuredly be opening again in the future.

Magicot

It's too bad the featured voice actor has to do something politically incorrect to facilitate change. It wasn't enough that the show sucked and people didn't like it?
This statement is completely false. His tweets have had no affect on the status of Tiki changing. I know that for sure.

menamechris

This statement is completely false. His tweets have had no affect on the status of Tiki changing. I know that for sure.

Hhmmm...well, that's a relief. Assuming that changes are going to happen. I thought we were all just speculating...

If a small fire is all it takes to bring an attraction back to its original splendor, then I'm bringing a lighter on my next visit to the imagination pavilion. lol

I really hope this means they are re-doing Under New Management. Anything is better than listening to Iago whine and rant about how terrible the show is. As long as I get to hear the whole tiki song (which is on my iPod) I'll be a happy bunny :D
Plus, it's just in time for my trip starting on July 9th :D

tirian

I swear you must be able to read my mind.

In any case, I approve of this message.

Hahahaha, thanks. I should change that last sentence to make a bit more logic: "The 'not-a-museum' argument only works when the parks have a good curator."

Buried20KLeague

I really hope this means they are re-doing Under New Management. Anything is better than listening to Iago whine and rant about how terrible the show is. As long as I get to hear the whole tiki song (which is on my iPod) I'll be a happy bunny :D
Plus, it's just in time for my trip starting on July 9th :D

Those "in the know" are reporting the show IS changing. To quote Martin... "101 percent".

Those are pretty good odds that you'll be a happy bunny, if you ask me.

jmick71

If a small fire is all it takes to bring an attraction back to its original splendor, then I'm bringing a lighter on my next visit to the imagination pavilion. lol

A lighter? i was thinking a FLAMETHROWER we can play toy story mania with Dr. Nigel Channing's face
figment is right imagination is better when its set free( out of the control of the institute) Get dream finder to fire up his balloon and get redy for his return!!! lol:ROFLOL:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Those "in the know" are reporting the show IS changing. To quote Martin... "101 percent".

Those are pretty good odds that you'll be a happy bunny, if you ask me.
Bear in mind I don`t know what it may or may not change to, without it being so drastic as a re-theme.

TakeMeThere81

I would LOVE if it went back to the original! That is actually one thing I'm really looking forward to when we head back to DLR. The crowd singing "In the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room" in unison.

amypants

Feeling conflicted

New to forums, lurked since last year but only signed up today.

I love the tiki room, I agree that the original was better than the current show however there is one element that i will be devastated to see go if these rumors are true. The outside experience that goes on before you enter the show--the two agent birds arguing about their clients.

One of the voices is Phil Hartman. He was so awesome and definitely deserved a place in Disney and if they get rid of that introduction he will no longer be in Disney. Very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom