Any news on The Tiki Room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flavious27

If a small fire is all it takes to bring an attraction back to its original splendor, then I'm bringing a lighter on my next visit to the imagination pavilion. lol

I will join you at POTC then see what we can do at PI.

Bear in mind I don`t know what it may or may not change to, without it being so drastic as a re-theme.

It matters what the retheme would be and if it would fit. Also, if iger is getting tiki's plans changed because of a voice actor's actions, it would put the park at a liability if a similar incident would happen in the future.

New to forums, lurked since last year but only signed up today.

I love the tiki room, I agree that the original was better than the current show however there is one element that i will be devastated to see go if these rumors are true. The outside experience that goes on before you enter the show--the two agent birds arguing about their clients.

One of the voices is Phil Hartman. He was so awesome and definitely deserved a place in Disney and if they get rid of that introduction he will no longer be in Disney. Very sad.

True, but if they are not able to make the intro fit, it will not fit. They could remove carpets and replace it with a tiki plaza that would have a phil hartman voiced bird as a barker for the plaza and ride.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Everyone seems to be assuming that the show will be changing back to the original. While the somewhat optimistic attitude of the insiders makes that a fairly safe assumption, it has never been confirmed. Has any one considered the possibility that they will put in something worse than under new management?

menamechris

Everyone seems to be assuming that the show will be changing back to the original. While the somewhat optimistic attitude of the insiders makes that a fairly safe assumption, it has never been confirmed. Has any one considered the possibility that they will put in something worse than under new management?

OMG - Bite your tongue! Hahaha!

Pioneer Hall

You mean it get's worse? Are they going to add the scent of burped chili dog?

aladdin2007

They wouldnt dare, especially with a 40th anniversary this year, would they? :lookaroun Now all kinds of horrible scenarios are running through my mind, great thanks alot :lol:.

Thrill Seeker

Well, isn't there a version that has Stitch? And if we all got our wish and SGE was removed, they would have to go somewhere with the AA...

I've seen the YouTube video of the Stitch Tiki Room in Japan. That is WAY better than Under New Management. If SGE was closing for refurbishment during the Tiki Room's, I'd say maybe that would happen, but since it isn't (unfortunately), rumors of Tropical Serenade returning seem the most likely. I'm down for either one.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I've seen the YouTube video of the Stitch Tiki Room in Japan. That is WAY better than Under New Management. If SGE was closing for refurbishment during the Tiki Room's, I'd say maybe that would happen, but since it isn't (unfortunately), rumors of Tropical Serenade returning seem the most likely. I'm down for either one.
Correct me if I am wrong but are there not 2 Stitch AA's, one in each theater. Anyone know if both theaters are up an running?

lazyboy97o

This seems to be a case where us fanboys will win because of the very management practices we most dislike. The conventional wisdom is that animatronic shows are dated and do not connect to the modern audience. The park cannot really just close the attraction because the capacity it offers is needed. I think if the old show returns it is because it is cost effective and can be sold for the 40th. After that, if nobody shows, is it that much of a change?

MansionGoer13z

Aren't the Eisner years behind us?
And what would you consider to be worse?

Buried20KLeague

Correct me if I am wrong but are there not 2 Stitch AA's, one in each theater. Anyone know if both theaters are up an running?

That's the suggestion I've made numerous times, and in the other thread (not sure why they haven't been merged??).

But to your point about change being possibly bad... It seems to me that the easiest solution here would be that they put the UNM show back in, or plug in an already complete show from another location and tweak to fit. That would be the least costly... Which we all know that's got to be a directive they're working under.

That tells me that it would be the show from DL (especially if what some have said about it being a digital show that is fairly easily imported is correct), or simple replacement of the AA's to restore UNM... With a distant third being the Tokyo show, in my mind. That would require translation, and lifting and installing a Stitch AA from TL, plus tweaking him for the Tiki show (different motions in the arms, adding ukelele, etc). That sounds to me like it would cost the most... Plus it would cut down on capacity because you'd have to close one theatre at SGE. I'd be fine with that, but I wonder if the ops folks wouldn't scream because of crowd levels during high seasons.

jakeman

Do we have any confirmation that they are reverting to the original show?

Or is this going to be another case of the fans decided what should go there and if it doesn't show up there will be gnashing of teeth regardless of what was officially mentioned?

If this was FACEBOOK I would be liking this statement!

*like* :)

Those "in the know" are reporting the show IS changing. To quote Martin... "101 percent".

Those are pretty good odds that you'll be a happy bunny, if you ask me.

I've just started grinning like an idiot :) This sounds like good news! Any change will be better than UNM...I'm trying to think of new things they could add to it...New charactors and story? Original? A copy of Tokyo? Something I can't possibly comprehend?
Bring on July is all I can say.

menamechris

Or is this going to be another case of the fans decided what should go there and if it doesn't show up there will be gnashing of teeth regardless of what was officially mentioned?

BINGO!

I wish that they would announce something though. For some reason it seems the last year they have been extremely slow in announcing ANYTHING. No one "officially" knew anything about the Haunted Mansion, no announcements or confirmation about Summer Nightastic, nothing about a possible 40th celebration, no additional information about Hyperion Wharf. I would love to have some things to look forward to....

bgraham34

When I was there last week the doors were completely open and it looked like things were missing but I can't be too sure.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
When I was there last week the doors were completely open and it looked like things were missing but I can't be too sure.
Are you telling me that you passed up the opportunity to play the stupid lost guest and accidentally wander is and fire off a few thousand high res images for us to analyze?

WDWGoof07

Rather surprisingly, some insiders have indicated that there is a strong possibility of "Tropical Serenade" making a comeback in another thread. I think this could actually be happening, too. TDO would normally be inclined to minimize downtimes in a park that already has reduced capacity due to the Toontown demolition. They wouldn't be wasting time getting an attraction working again unless some significant work is being done. That combined with the upcoming 40th anniversary indicates there is a good chance of a show change taking place that can be used as a promotional item and a goodwill gesture to fans.

But you're right. If this doesn't end up happening, nobody is justified in being outraged over something that has not been officially promised.

aladdin2007

*like* :)

I've just started grinning like an idiot :) This sounds like good news! Any change will be better than UNM...I'm trying to think of new things they could add to it...New charactors and story? Original? A copy of Tokyo? Something I can't possibly comprehend?
Bring on July is all I can say.

More than likely a return to tropical serande, Magicot has stated a "return to tiki glory" and Martin has stated 101% things are looking good even though he couldnt say as to what exactly. But all of that pretty much confirms its the end of UNM. Once Martin said 101% things are looking good, well that sold me. I dont see TDO springing for an all new style show right now, but hey ya never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom