News Another Fight at Magic Kingdom

LittleBuford

This is a REALLY good point that I don’t think has been brought up yet.

This violent family - imagine if one of them had to pee while in line, but the CM wouldn’t let them return because that was an official rule by Disney. Do we really think the family wouldn’t have tried to beat up the CM just as they did this other family? You think they’d just be like, “oh okay, rules are rules, we’ll just get in the back of the line and wait all over again?”

Instead of this thread, we’d have a 30+ page thread about whether or not Disney SHOULD be lenient about letting people return to their spots in line for bathroom emergencies and other innocuous reasons (like a left behind valuable on a stroller). And in fact, I hypothesize that the thread would be even longer, as people would pile in here to tell their stories of their three year old pooping in the queue or how they wasted 90 minutes in line because they suddenly got diarrhea, had to run to the bathroom, and the CM laid down the law when they tried to return and they were forced to get in the very back of the line. I’d imagine it would be a much more angry and exasperated thread than we currently have.
I agree wholeheartedly. And honestly, while I would never get close to reacting violently or aggressively, I would be more than a little peeved if a CM barred me from reclaiming my spot in the queue because of some officious and unreasonable policy. Disney has definitely made the right calculation here.

thomas998

This is a REALLY good point that I don’t think has been brought up yet.

This violent family - imagine if one of them had to pee while in line, but the CM wouldn’t let them return because that was an official rule by Disney. Do we really think the family wouldn’t have tried to beat up the CM just as they did this other family? You think they’d just be like, “oh okay, rules are rules, we’ll just get in the back of the line and wait all over again?”

Instead of this thread, we’d have a 30+ page thread about whether or not Disney SHOULD be lenient about letting people return to their spots in line for bathroom emergencies and other innocuous reasons (like a left behind valuable on a stroller). And in fact, I hypothesize that the thread would be even longer, as people would pile in here to tell their stories of their three year old pooping in the queue or how they wasted 90 minutes in line because they suddenly got diarrhea, had to run to the bathroom, and the CM laid down the law when they tried to return and they were forced to get in the very back of the line. I’d imagine it would be a much more angry and exasperated thread than we currently have.
The problem is if you are lineament and have an exception you will have people using that exception to the detriment of others much as you had people in the past that would hire a person in a wheelchair to go with them to Disneyland so they could jump all the lines. It may suck for people if the rules are strictly enforced but it also eliminates the ability of people to game the system at the expense of others.

You can even look at it as a learning tool to teach people not to forget things or to go to the bathroom before they reach the point of having to run to one before wetting themselves.

natatomic

The problem is if you are lineament and have an exception you will have people using that exception to the detriment of others much as you had people in the past that would hire a person in a wheelchair to go with them to Disneyland so they could jump all the lines. It may suck for people if the rules are strictly enforced but it also eliminates the ability of people to game the system at the expense of others.

You can even look at it as a learning tool to teach people not to forget things or to go to the bathroom before they reach the point of having to run to one before wetting themselves.
How is leaving the line one was already in only to return to the same spot in line 10 minutes later a “detriment to others?” The reason doesn’t even matter at this point. It literally adds nothing to your wait because those people were already ahead of you to begin with. I don’t even care if someone leaves to go buy their kid cotton candy halfway through the line. If they already had their spot in front of me, no time is added when they return.

But seriously, you cannot punish people for a natural bodily function that isn’t always schedule-able. Vacation is notorious for messing up people’s bowel schedules, so you can’t always time those correctly. Then there’s the 3-6 year old demographic that is still learning their body cues when it comes to going to the bathroom. And heck, I’m 37 weeks pregnant. I can pee immediately before getting in line and need to pee again so bad 30 minutes later I might have to duck out of line to come back.

In none of these situations do the people returning add anything to the wait of the people behind them. Refusing reentry is essentially just being an uncaring, unforgiving stickler for absolutely no reason.

Goofyernmost

How is leaving the line one was already in only to return to the same spot in line 10 minutes later a “detriment to others?” The reason doesn’t even matter at this point. It literally adds nothing to your wait because those people were already ahead of you to begin with. I don’t even care if someone leaves to go buy their kid cotton candy halfway through the line. If they already had their spot in front of me, no time is added when they return.

But seriously, you cannot punish people for a natural bodily function that isn’t always schedule-able. Vacation is notorious for messing up people’s bowel schedules, so you can’t always time those correctly. Then there’s the 3-6 year old demographic that is still learning their body cues when it comes to going to the bathroom. And heck, I’m 37 weeks pregnant. I can pee immediately before getting in line and need to pee again so bad 30 minutes later I might have to duck out of line to come back.

In none of these situations do the people returning add anything to the wait of the people behind them. Refusing reentry is essentially just being an uncaring, unforgiving stickler for absolutely no reason.
Also known as absolute butt heads whos only purpose is using up oxygen.

thomas998

The problem is that for every innocent person with a walnut sized bladder you have a plethora of asshats that will simply claim they are returning to a line that they were never in to begin with. I've seen it happen on every trip numerous times when someone brazenly pushes past people to catch up with their party only to watch them and see that they caught up with no one as they were simply jumping up the line as far as they could.

That does impact everyone in the line that those people jump past.

Lilofan

The problem is that for every innocent person with a walnut sized bladder you have a plethora of asshats that will simply claim they are returning to a line that they were never in to begin with. I've seen it happen on every trip numerous times when someone brazenly pushes past people to catch up with their party only to watch them and see that they caught up with no one as they were simply jumping up the line as far as they could.

Did you report it to staff or talk to guest who did this?

Goofyernmost

That's why I think that every queue line should have official entry spots watched over by CM's. If someone has to leave a line they get a pass from the CM and when they return the CM will place them back in line. That would also encourage people to all hit the rest room before entering the line. Unfortunately, Disney is to cheap to do that. They would rather have angry idiots start a fight over nothing. Good for Public Relations, I guess!

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No

I agree and it happened to me my last trip told the story and yes its wrong its frustrating but its also laughable as well and something i used as a lesson to my daughter and something that is definitely mot going to ruin my vacation….

GimpYancIent

Would it be possible to install porta Johns, say halfway from where these exorbitantly long lines form, so folks don't have to go any distance to relieve themselves and have a CM or CMs positioned not far from that point to ensure orderly reentry into the line. Or better yet actually have a rest room as part of the attraction queue start / entry point. Still there will be entitled people, with no relief issues, that will line jump because they think it is cool, fun, clever and don't care. "It's all about them".

LittleBuford

Would it be possible to install porta Johns, say halfway from where these exorbitantly long lines form, so folks don't have to go any distance to relieve themselves and have a CM or CMs positioned not far from that point to ensure orderly reentry into the line. Or better yet actually have a rest room as part of the attraction queue start / entry point. Still there will be entitled people, with no relief issues, that will line jump because they think it is cool, fun, clever and don't care. "It's all about them".
If there’s anything less magical than being told you can’t go relieve yourself without forfeiting your place in line, it’s having a nasty portaloo actually there in the middle of the queue. Those things are gross and should only be installed when there are no other options, which, thankfully, isn’t the case at Disney.

Smiley/OCD

Port-A-Johns, NO!!! Imagine the stench while you’re on line (especially on a hot summer day)!!! And everyone complains the regular restrooms aren’t taken care of, imagine those?
The optimal thing would be to build restrooms but that’s probably not practical. Just don’t abuse the system, and cut people some slack.

thomas998

Did you report it to staff or talk to guest who did this?
More than once I did and not once did anything happen. The CMs ignored it, so I stopped bothering to even report it. What's the point if the CMs just shrug their shoulders, or say they'll do something then walk away and do nothing. It is more infuriating to report it than it is to see it happen.

DisneyDebRob

Every shop at Disney needs to start selling adult Depends. Kids and teen sizes also. Put a little mickey face on the guys and minnie on the girls. Problem solved. If someone says i have to go, they can. 😎(disney do not take this idea and run with it, its meant as sarcasm not another way to make money).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom