News Another Fight at Magic Kingdom

Chi84

Premium Member
This entire thread is here because in real life at Disney people were not fine with it and decided to violently attack someone for it, lol
I don’t know what happened there except what was reported but if a single person leaves the line to use the bathroom or a parent takes a young child and then returns, no one cares. It helps if the person leaving and re-entering politely explains the situation.

Yes, when there are tens of thousands of people in the parks some people will overreact and do crazy things. But it’s not the norm.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I don’t know what happened there except what was reported but if a single person leaves the line to use the bathroom or a parent takes a young child and then returns, no one cares. It helps if the person leaving and re-entering politely explains the situation.

Yes, when there are tens of thousands of people in the parks some people will overreact and do crazy things. But it’s not the norm.

I wasn’t being serious, lol

I’ve been saying since this thread began that there is no excuse for violence in this scenario. But here we are 35 pages later and the same posters are saying the same things so 🤷‍♀️ 😂 sorry for the confusion. Carry on.

Jrb1979

I don’t know where you’re looking, but Disney likely hasn’t published every rule they’ve created for their CMs, and even if they did, it still wouldn’t 100% reflect reality. I previously worked at Disneyland. Temporarily leaving the line and later rejoining your party (as long as they haven’t boarded the respective vehicle) is very much allowed.

What you highlighted isn’t what we’re describing anyway, so you’ve helped prove some of us right.

You guys and gals keep mentioning the “simplicity” of this predicament, yet you’re not understanding how it works, which is ironic.
I get how it works and how the Mouse does it. I'm sorry if they want to end these type of situations from happening then once you leave the line you can't get your spot back.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I get how it works and how the Mouse does it. I'm sorry if they want to end these type of situations from happening then once you leave the line you can't get your spot back.

You only think that way because you see the girl who got out of line and then back in line as being in the wrong. The family that waited for her and then violently ambushed her were the ones in the wrong. They are the ones who should be punished. How do you not get that?

Jrb1979

You only think that way because you see the girl who got out of line and then back in line as being in the wrong. The family that waited for her and then violently ambushed her were the ones in the wrong. They are the ones who should be punished. How do you not get that?
They are both wrong.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I used myself as an example for obvious reasons, but it actually doesn’t disprove my point because it’s QUITE NORMAL and common for the vast majority of the population to not get strep throat a bunch of times per year, every year. Again, there are of course exceptions.

Research almost never accounts for every single person, and yet we can still come to general conclusions.
My own slogan is, "Strep-free for 3,650 days!"

LittleBuford

So you would have them stop people from being able to leave and rejoin the line—even for as understandable a reason as using the toilet—in order to stop a small number of unhinged people from erupting into violence? That’s punishing regular guests for the irrational tendencies of a (mercifully) tiny minority, a minority that would probably find other “reasons” anyway to lash out.

Jrb1979

So you would have them stop people from being able to leave and rejoin the line—even for as understandable a reason as using the toilet—in order to stop a small number of unhinged people from erupting into violence? That’s punishing regular guests for the irrational tendencies of a (mercifully) tiny minority, a minority that would probably find other “reasons” anyway to lash out.
Sorry but that's how it works all every other park. At the end of the day Disney is just a theme park.

LittleBuford

Sorry but that's how it works all every other park. At the end of the day Disney is just a theme park.
Apparently, Universal Team Members also help guests leave and reenter lines (I’m not sure if I’m allowed to share the link I found, but you can Google it for yourself), so you’re wrong. In any case, what you’re calling for is both unreasonable and unkind.

Incomudro

You would stop it to discourage line jumping, which can in turn lead to violence.

LittleBuford

You would stop it to discourage line jumping, which can in turn lead to violence.
As I said, anyone volatile enough to erupt into violence over something as innocuous as a guest reentering the queue after using the toilet is likely to erupt into violence over something else (including, I should imagine, not being allowed to temporarily leave the queue to use the toilet).

You don’t punish ordinary guests—and being prevented from relieving yourself without penalty is a pretty nasty punishment—to appease a few bad actors. “Hold it in or lose your place” is a shoddy policy by any measure, let alone by the standards we rightly expect of Disney.

ETA: In fairness to you, it’s specifically line-jumping that you highlight as the behaviour that such a policy would discourage. I still think that a blanket approach of this kind would be punitive to the majority of guests who are not engaging in bad behaviour and do nothing overall to prevent the kinds of rare incidents this thread is about.

Last edited:

Willmark

Even if they are right (and I don’t agree, though that’s a different debate), being able to temporarily leave the line to use the toilet isn’t something I regard as a special Disney perk. It should be possible at any amusement park.
Nor do I, Disney isn’t life or death however, it’s just an amusement park with good IP lawyers and a lot of history.

It also seems to be getting interesting in terms of what folks are choosing to get violent over. Doesn’t seem worth it to me.

LittleBuford

it’s just an amusement park with good IP lawyers and a lot of history.
I think this is objectively wrong. For one thing, WDW is the size of a small city and hosts multiple parks, one of which by itself is the most visited theme park in the world. These facts alone differentiate Disney from its competitors.

To be clear, I’m not claiming such differences (and there are many more) objectively make Disney superior—that’s a matter of personal opinion (@Jrb1979, for instance, seems to think that Disney would be better if it ditched some of its distinguishing traits and became more like other parks). But I don’t think it can denied that WDW, for better or worse, is palpably and in multiple ways different from a standard amusement park.

Raxel7851

I think this is objectively wrong. For one thing, WDW is the size of a small city and hosts multiple parks, one of which by itself is the most visited theme park in the world. These facts alone differentiate Disney from its competitors.

To be clear, I’m not claiming such differences (and there are many more) objectively make Disney superior—that’s a matter of personal opinion (@Jrb1979, for instance, seems to think that Disney would be better if it ditched some of its distinguishing traits and became more like other parks). But I don’t think it can denied that WDW, for better or worse, is palpably and in multiple ways different from a standard amusement park.
@LittleBuford i think your observation is spot on. Places like Cedar Pointe, Hershey Park, are strictly “Amusement” Parks, while the Disney family of parks are “Theme” Parks. Amusement Parks are a dime a dozen in the US. Do I enjoy going to them, yes some of them, but a Disney Experience is truly different.

natatomic

As I said, anyone volatile enough to erupt into violence over something as innocuous as a guest reentering the queue after using the toilet is likely to erupt into violence over something else (including, I should imagine, not being allowed to temporarily leave the queue to use the toilet).
This is a REALLY good point that I don’t think has been brought up yet.

This violent family - imagine if one of them had to pee while in line, but the CM wouldn’t let them return because that was an official rule by Disney. Do we really think the family wouldn’t have tried to beat up the CM just as they did this other family? You think they’d just be like, “oh okay, rules are rules, we’ll just get in the back of the line and wait all over again?”

Instead of this thread, we’d have a 30+ page thread about whether or not Disney SHOULD be lenient about letting people return to their spots in line for bathroom emergencies and other innocuous reasons (like a left behind valuable on a stroller). And in fact, I hypothesize that the thread would be even longer, as people would pile in here to tell their stories of their three year old pooping in the queue or how they wasted 90 minutes in line because they suddenly got diarrhea, had to run to the bathroom, and the CM laid down the law when they tried to return and they were forced to get in the very back of the line. I’d imagine it would be a much more angry and exasperated thread than we currently have.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom