News Another Fight at Magic Kingdom

Incomudro

In my younger years, whenever someone threatened me with violence (I can count three times in my life), I would warn them ahead of th their first strike that I would be pressing charges on them for assault. Their "courage" quickly dissipated.
Oftentimes lately, there is no threat.
Punches are thrown immediately, and without warning.

OneofThree

lol stay classy.
Classy:
a elegant; stylish

b having or reflecting high standards of personal behavior

c admirably skillful and graceful

I see nothing in this definition which in any way should be confused with the current state of US society. What I'm not totally sure of is the extent to which Disney/USO/Orlando visitors are completely representative of our mean trash.

wdwjmp239

Another fight broke out in Fantasyland. Is it just me or is this becoming a frequent occurrence at the Magic Kingdom.

My wife and I had a conversation about all the fighting that's been going on at Disney these days. We think (and this is pure opinion) that a lot of these fights are staged to bring views to Tiktok/YouTube channels. Or, maybe there's a lot of people out there with short fuses. Your thoughts?

JoeCamel

Yeah, but we weren't so quick to throw hands at the parks back then. Or, maybe we were? Who knows? As for me, I'd just be like, "Before you punch each other....let me just pass through...I have a virtual boarding pass for Tron." LOL!
They put up all those scanners and we can't pack the old .45 to start blasting away so we resort to what we have and use the dukes.

DisneyCane

My wife and I had a conversation about all the fighting that's been going on at Disney these days. We think (and this is pure opinion) that a lot of these fights are staged to bring views to Tiktok/YouTube channels. Or, maybe there's a lot of people out there with short fuses. Your thoughts?
That could be part of it. Like the Jerry Springer show but in public.

FettFan

add in stress, additional cost, and crowds

the-perfect-storm-perfect-storm.gif

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Classy:
a elegant; stylish

b having or reflecting high standards of personal behavior

c admirably skillful and graceful

I see nothing in this definition which in any way should be confused with the current state of US society. What I'm not totally sure of is the extent to which Disney/USO/Orlando visitors are completely representative of our mean trash.
There is an extreme lack of emotional intelligence in society. There always has been, but now we have emboldened the victim mentality of society and this is the result.

Every time someone living in victim mode sees stories on the news - like this - it emboldens their behavior.

people who are hurting hurt people, but until they take responsibility and seek help, they wont change and many have kids and pass it on to the next generation.

Turtlekrawl

No fights this past week, but I gotta say…in 40 years of coming here I have never seen as much “place holding/line jumping” as I’ve seen this week. In virtually every significant queue we had one or multiple people jump ahead to meet up with their “party.” When just a short distance it’s certainly no big deal. But sometimes these people traverse virtually the entire queue, looking for people that may or may not be there. Bad form. It became a running joke for my crew, but many people in lines were genuinely angry.

And the mad rush of humanity leaving the pre show rooms (looking mostly at you GOTG) is a setup for confrontation.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom