News Another Fight at Magic Kingdom

Californian Elitist

Your own example disproves your point. Why you judge how common something is in the population by how often you get it? Unemployment? STDs? Hair Loss?

How many times YOU get strep is not relevant to how often Strep Throat is reported and how common it is in the population. You've pretty much illustrated why 'anecdotal observation' is not valued.
I used myself as an example for obvious reasons, but it actually doesn’t disprove my point because it’s QUITE NORMAL and common for the vast majority of the population to not get strep throat a bunch of times per year, every year. Again, there are of course exceptions.

Research almost never accounts for every single person, and yet we can still come to general conclusions.

FutureCEO

If a girl is in front of you in line and gets out of line because she needs to pee, then gets back in line to the same spot nbd she was there in front of you already. Then if you join another ride queue and she’s in front of you again but this time she forgot her phone and needs to get out of line real quick to go get it, and then gets right back in line to the same spot, still no big deal. She was there already. Then you join another queue and she’s up there in front of you again and this time she cuts her hand on something sharp in her bag and goes to get a bandaid real quick and gets back in line to the same spot again nbd she was already there. Then another ride she’s in front of you again and she needs to go use the bathroom again so she gets out of line again to go use the bathroom again and gets back in line to the same spot a couple minutes later. Still no big deal. None of this impacts you at all. She started out in front of you and ended up in front of you.

Frequency doesn’t matter, imo.

If you get out of the queue, you lose your spot. Plain and simple.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Let all that noise go man. It is frequency of seeing something happen. It does not make it abuse.
Again with the different assertions than what was said.

The comment retorted was "I’ve been to DL hundreds of times and WDW probably 50 and can only think of a handful of times people have passed me to “rejoin” their party. Most trips it doesn’t even happen once in the entire vacation."

Nothing to do with was it legitimate or abuse or whatever.. simply a statement that people moving through the line wasn't frequent. And then going onto dismiss the entire topic as 'rare'.

Frequency doesn’t matter, imo.

Because your fantastic four stretch of an example just shows your complete disregard of probability in an attempt to create some irrational example to justify your predisposition.

LittleBuford

If you get out of the queue, you lose your spot. Plain and simple.
We have a former CM telling us that this isn't Disney's policy for handling guest requests to leave and reenter the queue. You may prefer that people lose their spot (and goodness knows why, unless you have miraculously never experienced the urge to use the toilet when you didn't think you'd have to), but it seems that Disney doesn't agree with you.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We have a former CM telling us that this isn't Disney's policy for handling guest requests to leave and reenter the queue. You may prefer that people lose their spot (and goodness knows why, unless you have miraculously never experienced the urge to use the toilet when you didn't think you'd have to), but it seems that Disney doesn't agree with you.
Because the last thing they want/need is someone who’s been holding their pee for thirty minutes getting on a ride vehicle, especially a bumpy one like Everest, because they don’t want to lose their place in line lol.

LittleBuford

I'd be curious to hear an explanation from the three or four posters saying that people shouldn't be able to reenter queues why they feel this way. What is gained by preventing someone who is already in front of you from briefly leaving the line before coming back to take their spot again? Put differently, what do you (or others) have to lose by affording someone this courtesy?

Californian Elitist

Because the last thing they want/need is someone who’s been holding their pee for thirty minutes getting on a ride vehicle, especially a bumpy one like Everest, because they don’t want to lose their place in line lol.
I worked at Universal (Hollywood) for a period of time, and someone peed in a water bottle once.

And theme park employees are really going to tell guests that they can’t leave the line to use the bathroom or do something else? Okay.

Vegas Disney Fan

When we were at DL Paris we saw a dad lift his son (probably 5 or so) over the fence at Phantom Manor so he could go pee on a tree in the woods. The funniest thing is he did the little kid thing where he pulled his pants down to his ankles and mooned the entire queue while he did it, then ran back smiling like it was an everyday occurrence. It was funny to us because it was a little kid but I hate to envision a world where adults are forced to do the same so they don’t lose their spot after waiting an hour.

Chi84

Premium Member
People leaving the line to use the bathroom and then returning is not a problem at WDW. It is only a problem on this thread. People in real life are fine with it.

Line jumping/place holding is a problem at WDW. We see it happen at least once every trip but don’t stress about it based on the realization that some people are just entitled jerks.

LittleBuford

People leaving the line to use the bathroom and then returning is not a problem at WDW. It is only a problem on this thread. People in real life are fine with it.
Such people do exist in real life: one member of this forum even announced in another thread that he point-blank refuses to let anyone rejoin the queue after a trip to the loo unless they have a small child with them. Mercifully, however, the vast majority of people are as you characterise them and quite reasonable in this regard. Still, this thread has convinced me to enlist the help of a CM should I ever find myself needing to go.

thomas998

The rule is that if someone needs to leave the line, the CM is to help them out of the line and reunite them with their family in the line, should they choose to stay in the line.

I’m sorry that you are not fond of the rule, but…
Hmmm... I didn't see that rule. I did see the following:

"Please show common courtesy to fellow Guests and our Cast Members by not using profanity or engaging in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behavior, jumping lines or saving places in lines for others. For your safety and the safety of others, please refrain from running except in designated areas."

It really is that simple. But if you want to make things up because it makes you feel better about what you enjoy doing that's your business.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Line jumping/place holding is a problem at WDW. We see it happen at least once every trip but don’t stress about it based on the realization that some people are just entitled jerks.

This entire thread is here because in real life at Disney people were not fine with it and decided to violently attack someone for it, lol

Vegas Disney Fan

This entire thread is here because in real life at Disney people were not fine with it and decided to violently attack someone for it, lol

One family was violently opposed to it.

The other 20 million people that went last year didn’t care enough to do anything but maybe grumble about it. On a scale of 1 to 100 for Disney problems this one probably rates sigle digits with 99.9% of the guests.

Californian Elitist

Hmmm... I didn't see that rule. I did see the following:

"Please show common courtesy to fellow Guests and our Cast Members by not using profanity or engaging in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behavior, jumping lines or saving places in lines for others. For your safety and the safety of others, please refrain from running except in designated areas."

It really is that simple. But if you want to make things up because it makes you feel better about what you enjoy doing that's your business.
I don’t know where you’re looking, but Disney likely hasn’t published every rule they’ve created for their CMs, and even if they did, it still wouldn’t 100% reflect reality. I previously worked at Disneyland. Temporarily leaving the line and later rejoining your party (as long as they haven’t boarded the respective vehicle) is very much allowed.

What you highlighted isn’t what we’re describing anyway, so you’ve helped prove some of us right.

You guys and gals keep mentioning the “simplicity” of this predicament, yet you’re not understanding how it works, which is ironic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom